my amp frost bg 'cause ST is op

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by OriginalG1, Jul 27, 2016.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

upload_2016-7-27_23-34-26.png
    this is my amp frost bg.

The ideal bg combo is running yeti painter with augment of creation, using icefisher's hamlet to grant +2 damage then get jakie elder up to 17 damage, hitting for 23 damage with ice shard out against SL.

Jakei Frostseer with snow strike for crowd control.

Grank because swarms are cool and i like him. (alt damage)

Wailing yeti for alt damage the works with howling wind.

Augment of creation's +2 damage and icefisher's hamlet +2damage make the damage out put for all ice champs insane.

would in interested in doubling up on white star.

Sapphire Catalyst is just mind blowingly good, almost always lets you get the font.

currently just 1x Dawnmist because I am testing him.

feed back suggestions?

ps: noracow is still staple. What should i do about shatter options?

2. OriginalG1

yeti painter+icefisher's hamlet basicly ff UD melee bonus on any champ you want.

really would not mind seeing arctic wail affect ice shard because i hate watching st destroy my stuff while that shard endures.

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

You can try Icewisp or Yeti Scout for shatter.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  4. OriginalG1

thank you!

5. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

Arcadon for shatter + frost amp on one unit.

I don't think Titan is worth playing. Better off using Lonx Icelord or Hammerfall Lonx (Tank or beefy super damage, both cost about 85, much less than the titan. Both however, are amazing center points).

Still like snare fairy over frostseer. Although frostseer can do shatter for you if you want.

Frostvine is a champ I love, if you have frostfall anywhere (champ or relic) moving around is super simple.

Fast friends is a spell that makes my front liners not only live forever, but do impressive damage.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  6. OriginalG1

okay so feed back time again please. I am thinking about dropping wailing yeti for frostfall icewisp. Is it really worth using just one shatter unit though? Thinking either coronation tower or swap in exchange for fast friends. I am thinking swap since i do not have a defensive strike unit to get a free attack off of swap, but i really need feed back on that choice.

thinking about a 7 speed hammerfall lonx over titian(i really like him, but vun fire is kinda lame). Chillscale dose not look that bad either. trying to keep it 7 speed in that rune slot.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  7. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

Hammerfall is 6, Ice Lord is 7. But Hammerfall very quickly gets multi-attack 2, so the 7 vs 6 on the two units only really matters first couple of turns.

Swap, for me, costs too much. Its useful, and has its place, but I use Fast Friends multiple times a match.

Chillscale is decent, cheap, and gets the job done. Not much wrong with the unit.

Why do you want to run icewisp? Its entirely possible I've missed the use for it, but I've never found it to be a particularly useful champ. Cheap, true. But that's because it has no defense, almost no damage, and a tiny amount of hp.

8. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

Oh, and the new spell, Ice Stars, is freaking amazing in amp decks. Great in general, amazing amp'd

9. OriginalG1

just was looking for a shatter unit, in my main fw deck i have 2 detection, 2 relic counters units, and 3 shatter units, and it stops a lot of games people try. I just have gotten used to having it.

10. OriginalG1

ya, i was just looking at ice stars, i might go shatter-less and drop wailing yetting for ice stars
    should be 6 damage with ice shard out.

11. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

I only run arcadon for shatter. Cheap, beefy unit that also amps damage and blocks font advancement. Gets the job done for me.

Goyo and OriginalG1 like this.
  12. OriginalG1

upload_2016-7-28_1-29-26.png
    I think i am going to leave it like this for now. If i get a hair up my butt or decide it needs to become op-er then I will put in ice stars.

13. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

You using the Ice Dragons just for the 7 speed?

14. OriginalG1

15. OriginalG1

my detection units

16. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

Ah, heh. I forgot about those. I use Ferren Snowspinner with Frostfall 2, so I just locate hidden that way + buff the crap out of my units.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  17. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

Was watching your last game, way to hang in against voil silly-ness.

I totally run spur vs +1 speed on my hammerfall. Have you tried it both ways yet?

18. OriginalG1

no, but i will consider it. I really like the guaranteed plus 1 speed, thanks for the complement on my game! ^^ i kinda just cast fast friends just to try it out, not sure if that was obvious or not, lol.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Aquifn likes this.
  19. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I am building around Shaman Class. Some expert users tried the idea before and worked just nice, now there are other shamans and it's totally compatible with Amp, specially since Arcadon is Shaman.

I would say Arcadon and Jakei Shaman (Commander) and Whitestar (Elemental Storm: Frost) are 2x must have.

20. OriginalG1

upload_2017-1-8_10-35-52.png
    don't forget to update your bg's with cleaning emerald guys! I am getting over fast friends, probably should just use Ice Stars.