my amp frost bg 'cause ST is op

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by OriginalG1, Jul 27, 2016.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

So I don't get why we would use cleansing emerald in this meta unless you are using elementals.

It costs more, does less, and is easily removed by the dozens of Seism champs around

Ice stars does look so good though wish I could fit it.

2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Well. Cleansing emerald can not be back fired. Using it will elements sounds horrid though. A cleansing arua bg.

3. OriginalG1

yes, i can honestly say i would rather seism hit cleansing emerald than ice crystal. It is good to have a few relic buffers in front of ice crystal.

4. calisk

true but you can run ice caster and spam ice blocks around, she's pretty beefy and supplies a seism guard for the shard so figured most amp decks ran her

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    OriginalG1 likes this.
  5. OriginalG1

I like her for spot knockback combos. The death nova frost really help pick up damage when amped.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Your frost BG looks hideous

Tweek516 likes this.
  7. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

This is currently what i play for frost amp!

Attached Files:

8. calisk

the market seems pointless, but if you are going to run 1 fast friends it's debatable if switching your tower for a second FF.

that said I don't think even one FF is worth running at this point

you also have 2 shatter units, probably not required to run the rebound

9. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

I actually really like the market but it could always be something else put the +2dmg to whatever units you want every couple of turns is actually pretty nice over a longer game.

I think FF is pretty good bonus defense, healing, and really amps up dmg especially on your ranged units is really powerful.

and thats actually a retreat not a rebound lol but ya im just trying out retreat seems pretty good to me on paper at least

edit: i did just change out juya and crown for a frostseer and a ice caster tho

10. calisk

well the +2 damage is easy to get in many ways, for example an ice storm in amp is + 60 damage usually depending on how many you can hit.

I personally think FF is meh because usually they do something like dispel one of the two and neither can make use of it, but if you are using for damage like you would a coord tower you usually gain the benefit by then, that said if you want to run FF you may a well run two instead of the tower so that you can reactivate the effect if one of the two die, that said I would stick to the coord tower and remove the FF for another spell or relic.

11. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Again seems kinda weird. Wheres yeti spirit? Ele core? Lots of stuff missing.

12. OriginalG1

[QUOTE="OriginalG1, post: 325316, member:

The ideal bg combo is running yeti painter with augment of creation, using icefisher's hamlet to grant +2 damage then get jakie elder up to 17 damage, hitting for 23 damage with ice shard out against SL.

[/QUOTE]
    This is my main point. You can have St bonus and the ff ud melee bonus on your range and melee champions. And then you can amp that damage with ease. I guess ud bonus is trash. Having the ud bonus with the st bonus, cleansing, and healing is the wrost idea ever.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  13. calisk

every faction has ways to buff champs to the FF ud bonus....even ud can do that with their bonus still their.

that said ud can do it for free, and that massive damage is useful.

if you want to go their you effectively get the st bonus by deploying one champions with divine grace 3

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

That's kind of a bad example since it doesn't raise max HP. I'd say Boost and Banner or Banner and Battle Harden.

15. calisk

what's the difference between a 60 hp champ and a 50 hp champ that gets healed for 10?

the minor advantage that they are easier to one round.

the significance of that difference is not lost to me, but honestly the majority of the benefit of more hp is their even in a healed champ.

also the bonus can be found to a factor of 3 in things like fs and their spell that grants bubble, or their plethora of healing sources.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Well the difference is if I heal a 50 hp champ with max hp, nothing happens lol.

You're kinda reaching on saying 60 hp and 50hp + heal is the same thing, cause it's not.

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

When the high ranked game play revolves around one-rounding, I think MAX HP is not a "minor" advantage.

Ballballer, MogaBait and Cydna like this.
  18. calisk

Indeed it is, but chip damage is a fact of the game it happens in every match at every level, and healing it makes it that much harder for them to one round champ.

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Wouldn't healing ENCOURAGE one rounding? How would it make it harder to one round a champ?

20. calisk

Never claimed it would be harder or I'd of said healing is the same as max Hp.

Their is a difference and that difference is that healing does nothing to prevent one rounding at full Hp.

It does everything to prevent one rounding champs that aren't at full Hp.