My current feelings for Pox

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengercm, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I think it needs 1k players for the game to be enjoyable. Maybe it's me but waiting a couple of minutes to find what possibly could be an unfair match like Tiny Dragon vs an Uncommon League player. We all benefit from this and I think it's way more important than releasing expansions which for the 26th time it hasn't got Poxnora higher than a few hundred players online for only the first 1-2 weeks.

So I played a few rank matches and on the last one I got really discouraged and gave a free win. I played all of these with a bleed bg.

1) Vs PoolPaints. I can't say if I could have done something better but I took the loss because he was a legendary league player.
    2) Second was vs an UD player and since I was using bleed half of my strategy couldn't be pull off well. It's ok because this isn't something as stupid as imps vs unstoppable tortuns in the past. Hell if they still had it Imps could probably be UD's worst theme.
    3) He was afk so I took the win
    4) This one I played nicely and thanks to split personality I won.
    5 and 6) Vs FW and he had rock eater elsarin and incorporeal champs and the other vs IS with groble eater and I lost because my bg only has 4 magic attackers and I would have fading recollection but I don't have enough space.
    7) Lost to shield of darkness inkblight witch. Had no idea how annoying it could have been.
    8) This one was on Nora Glades. I had hekatian Arbiter in the bottom font and it was 1v1 vs a champ. The guy used I think just one spell so I wouldn't attack next turn and I though, if I had something to cleanse.

The Deal

It seems cutting the DMG in half for UD it's a big deal. There shouldn't be anything that reduces attack, defense and speed by %. So if you reduce % to an UD champion's attack it's unbalanced if it would be done to a IS one or reducing 50% defense of IS vs an UD is unbalanced. This makes specific themes be stronger vs a faction instead of being equally good vs any faction. UD depends too much on stats in comparison with FW 7-9 dmg champs.

2. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

GitGud

PS the last paragraph..... bring purefire back please ( pre-nerf)...... the new mino i gotta hurt myself to cleanse myself ( 10 entire dmg.... or fire strike myself..... , at least the 10 makes nora i guess) + be near a god damn deployment zone.

3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

So you're saying you lost due to:
    • No spot cleanse
    • Insufficient alt-damage
    • No shatter/equip removal
    ?

Baskitkase likes this.
  4. Revengercm

Scrub XD

The other champs of bleeding don't support enough alt dmg for a whole bg that needs it.

Didn't have it that moment if you mean in the last game.

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

No

6. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

You may have to include runes outside of your theme, then. Running without cleanse, shatter, or alt-damage is just asking for periodic insta-losses.

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Bleed has a ton of magic damage, some fire/psychic, and some decent loss of life effects.

It also has access to FR.

It seems a strange thing to complain about lack of alt damage.

8. Revengercm

In general UD lacks of alt dmg compared to other factions, right?

9. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Woot? OP!

10. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

how many can you sac or retribute?
    Most people run 1 of each
    the way you say it,its like sac and ret have a low cd and can easily be used over and over

11. Revengercm

And it early in the game

12. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Its a 10 damage melee champion.And its a 100 nora combo.

13. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Yeah, vaporize+shield of darkness is a pretty old combo. I use it in my spiri BG to with that utterdark dragon dude

14. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I was sarcastic and you should run alternative damage sources.

15. Revengercm

Yeah I changed a little. The problem is when I go first I deploy a physical champ and the guy goes for groble eater. I guess that's what I get for having the 1st turn. I actually have alt dmg. Sheoul Magus, Blood Ahorrent, Bloodguard, Demonvein, Arbiter, A.Pain, Korona, Seeker of Blood, Bloodgoyle and Bloodbow.