My deep elf punish/cull bg

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Alakhami, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Since quite a few people have asked me questions about my bg, I thought i'd post here so that everyone could see it. The deck is really strong, plays pretty agressively by earlyish-mid game. The combo revolves around punish/cull combined with decent damage, a bit of surge'demon elf and pretty much efficient units on their own; though the bg can struggle sometimes on maps where there is battle in different locations and you're forced to divide your units into groups.
    The BG is most certainly high rank competetive.

Note: I've made a few changes to this bg recently. Instead of Demon Lich and Deep Elf Scout I was running Purefire and Nefari Informant.

[​IMG]

TeaNinja, Klaud, Gnomes and 3 others like this.
  2. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

I love it. Would it be more synergy with kf split? Some punish and relocate things and covenant there. Hiw do u run your overlords. I'm so glad u posted would like to see upgrades and such if it was linked

3. Alakhami

• Trying it out split with KF, not going so well, but maybe that's because im focusing too much on enduring aura. Nevertheless, Servile Brute doesn't get as much dmg, since Surge: Demon Elf applies only to Demon Elfs, not Demons and Elfs.
    • I run Overlords with punish and surge: Demon Elf.
    • Can't be arsed

4. Ujelly

Really wish there was access to a boost elf.

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@TeaScholar

Someone's trying to steal your shtick.

6. Alakhami

Yeah, me too. Would definitely help with their overall squishiness.

7. Plant

Plant New Member

Hello im new to the forum. I wanted to know how was your bg going because ive been testing it with some changes and its really good.

Gnomes likes this.
  8. Alakhami

It's not too bad, but not tier 1 ****. But it is definitely fun to play, but tends to have problems with FW, SP.

9. Ujelly

Anychanges? I've been loving mine alot and would recommend the diplomat! Try her she's the bomb

10. Alakhami

Nefari Messenger? She shouldn't be too bad, just a bit too expensive. Will try it out!

11. Plant

Plant New Member

Ujelly, could you post your BG?

12. Alakhami

[​IMG]

13. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Never been a fan of the commander too much, personally I'd drop one in favour of Elven treecaller - but its your bg :)

Also, how's the goblin archer been working out? On paper, looks like he doesn't fit in too much (I understand the archer synergy, but I don't know if that's worth it).

14. Alakhami

Replaced him with bloodbow, he was okayish.

15. Ujelly

No boots?!?!? Gtfo!!!!

16. Alakhami

You find them useful?

17. yuore

yuore The King of Potatoes

that anger gives not know that runes are lol, I do not even by the faces I recognize

18. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

2x deep elf fanatic is always the way to go ESPECIALLY in a deep elf bg

He is my all time fav UD rune and he would shine in this bg

However gutsa is an incredible player so if he didn't include him he must have a reason :p

Over all lovely bg mate might make it soon

19. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Just remember bg is a lot worse now (hunter nerf)

20. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Seems like the perfect deck for Deep Elf Temptress. 59 nora range 2-4 punish deep elf.