My draksar bg with info

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Leviathan, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Leviathan

Leviathan I need me some PIE!

Okay I'm going to share my draksar battlegroup which I have played heavily "40 games at least since expansion" and I feel do fairly well, it stood well against tiny's worm bg, and other notable players are MW24 and Kritchitt. Still getting used to all the tricks + have been back only a month or so, therefore I'm not in tip top shape.

draksar.png
    Units

Draksar Bookburner: Wizard Foe + Resist Magic 3, I run this because it makes him 71 nora and he shreds KF + goblins and a lot more, run two due to unique book burning, denying spell for position is quite good + range 1-3.

Draksar Charger: Charge 3 + Reg 3, 75 nora for a guy that can grab fonts when you go second + with violent he can get some damage in + good hp amount.

Draksar Consulate: Reg 2 + shielded, 73 nora for range 1-3 I find it is a good source for magic damage and it haves grant draconic aura which can really buff up units. Also violent is on it and with a rage band in certain match ups, the shield comes in handy.

Draksar Fontrunner: Leap 3 + pin down, I tried doing declare target but rooting a champ is just much more useful and more often.

Draksar High Marshal: Dispel + Heal Self, Dispel is quite useful against sigils, deflects and so on, still getting used to using it better. Heal Self is awesome for font contesting + dictate ability combo with it. CD2 on a heal 12 hp ability is awesome.

Draksar Lord: I do commander and bulwark, bulwark is for lower cost, I might swap it out with guarded though.

Draksar Shifter: Leech + violent. You are killing yourself if you aren't running this + obviously 2 includes due to cost and his ability, sometimes I slap rage band on him.

Serpentor Ardent: Sunder + Rock defiant for 67 nora. He is pretty decent and rock defiant is quite nice actually, I rarely deploy him vs ST unless I absolutely have to!

Valdac: Augment + cleanse, Augment because it is just so good and cleanse since we sorely lack cleanse and good when he is a bit in the back.

Valdaci Bolter: The guy who carries, and carries hard!! Provision and Strike!!! Strike is godlike on him and with the automatic rage band equipment on him you get multi attack 1 anyways. No other choice for selection!!

Spells

Burning Sands: Great AoE for 12 damage and 45 nora, use it a lot for finishing off or against UD when Masochism is cast.

Draconic Benediction: I run two because I feel this battlegroup benefits more from ap than another quickening. I only use it in dire situations or to press an advantage, also helps with Bolter as 2 ap for getting in position for two attacks, and compared to quickening you get some extra damage as well.

Firestorm: Burn!! Burn everything!!

Magnetize: Sometimes it is worth to a summoned crossbow and damaging yourself for destroying relic and equipment.

Purge: Cleanse all those annoying RD from IS or when KF use protection, or sigil effects, also removes deflect! Use it and love it!

Quickening: 1 is enough for me, always lovely with an extra free attack.

Transfusion: Put it in to combo with forbidden fruit but often I steal from enemies and power myself for that second attack, remember to position well and then steal that AP from your enemy :)

Relics

Hive: I would like to run 2 but currently don't feel it is needed + lack the space and the bolter crossbows works well but cannot contest.

Warbanner: Just add it..

Equipment

Bloodthirsty blade
    : Use it in clutch situations can really help, but also a double edged sword as always.

Rage Band: Put these on your bolters always unless you face a pincushion. I prioritize Bolters, High Marshals, Ardent, Shifter, Book Burner... I don't put shifter higher since it is a big target already + survives well with leech. But of course it is always situational.

This was my battlegroup and I will make sure to update it, will do map tactics later.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Gnomes likes this.
  2. Leviathan

Reserved for map tactics!

Gnomes likes this.
  3. EliteMeat

EliteMeat The King of Potatoes

Thanks for sharing! Do you think I should pick up high marshall's or shapeshifters first?

4. Leviathan

Shifters definitely + you can craft them with shards

5. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

What would a Draksar Highlander battlegroup look like? I pretty much only have 1 of each of the rare, exotic and legendaries.

6. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

2 DB and 2 Firestorm not overkill? I'd definitely want to include Acid Storm or/& Quicken.

7. Leviathan

Mikelin convinced me not to run Acid Storm, Burning Sands is better. Quicken you can try but overall I haven't found need for it. You would be surprised how handy 2 firestorms are, and I don't feel 2 db is overkill. We have some pricy but good spells so have them in there.

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

okay no quicken i can understand. 2 firestorms and a burning sands seems over the top. but pray tell why on earth do you not run channeled violence.

9. Leviathan

I do not run channel violence because it is an aoe 3 and only last 4 turns. I'm tempted by the multi attack however I get the AP from a DB + damage boost for two attacks or quickening which is global for another free attack.

I'm slowly leaning towards 2 tranfusion actually.

I have right now switched out my forbidden fruit for a bloodthirsty blade and archer for diplomat, testing both out seeing how useful I find them, will change bg post when I have more insight to their effectiveness. Bloodthirsty blade will go onto units that have violent base, so it can increase damage that way, thus making sure it is always refreshed.

10. CodyW

CodyW Well-Known Member

Why not run hunchback. By far best front line unit draksars have

11. CodyW

CodyW Well-Known Member

Also the draksar marines are so good, 68 nora, with pin down, 1-2 range, charge rank 3.. just great stats for so cheap with violent

12. Leviathan

Running him now, I will update the bg over the weekend :)

13. rambo09

rambo09 The King of Potatoes

what do u think about valdaci sentry and guardian?

14. Leviathan

Interesting but not really fits in a draksar theme bg.

15. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Anyone tryed the new Draksar Marine? thoughts?