My favorite/signature/main champion [name pending]

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Sirius, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Too lazy/tired right now to write the long(er) explanation I think this needs. But I wanted to post this because he's awesome.

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    11, SPD: 6, RNG: 1, DEF: 1, HP: 42

Champion Abilities
    -Attack: physical
    -Petrifying Gaze
    -Leap 3
    -Portal Dancer
    -Unleash

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    -Elusive Leap/Glorious Leap
    -Grappling Hook
    -Crushing Charge

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    - Sweep
    - Power Attack/Execute
    - [under consideration]

Cost comes out at 82 for my favorite build, with Crushing Charge and Sweep. Expensive for that amount of HP, but that's how I roll. I could totally go for more damage tho.

There are still a few issues to work out. Portal Dancer+ Elusive Leap/Glorious Leap makes for some weird interactions, imo. The 3rd upgrade in U2 used to be Portal Dancer or some other "agile elusive" type of defense. But, with the reduction of Leap 3 to 5 nora, I decided to bring Portal Dancer to base, because I think he needs that kind of defense to work out and I don't wanna sacrifice Sweep for it (I like the idea of running 1 with Sweep and 1 with extra damage).

But moving Portal Dancer to base created said weird interaction with U1. However, I need him to be able to retreat after going in and doing it's thing, therefore the idea of 2 relocations/leaps. He needs to be able to have Crushing Charge while still having access to another leap, preferably Leap 3. Initially, I had Elusive Leap on base, but I prefer it this way.

He also really needs the Petrifying Gaze (yeah, he needs everything I gave him, I built him to be as exact a fit for my style as Poxnora can provide). It's a great stun ability at range 3 (an ideal range) that doesn't actualy require me to pay for range 1-3 on his stats. I wouldn't want that, he's melee (if I could have range 1-2 for free though, I'd take it tho, obv :oops:).

Unleash is my way of giving him extra speed to use multiple abilities in a turn sometimes, without paying a lot for it. I also wanted extra dmg on him (I'd have really liked 12 damage, but he doesn't absolutely need it to function and he's already expensive). I'm fine with "donating" the AP of others, because he's a leader type unit, going in first and softening up/opening paths/creating situations for my army to use.

Stat build is that of Boghopper Blackhand. The idea of double leap too. In fact, he is a combination of Boghopper Blackhand, Fist of Bastion and my sweet Basilisk Templar.
    The ideal faction? Maybe UD, SL? FS, ST and IS can work too. Under no circumstances should this be FW, and using him in KF or SP would be a real struggle. Idk, the way things are distributed among factions in Poxnora is kinda strange imo.

The rant ended up longer than my laziness indicated. Still need to explain how he's intended to work, I guess.

EDIT: I remembered Grappling Hook exists. I like pulling things too. I'm having trouble deciding whether I want Crushing Charge+ Grappling Hook or Crushing Charge+ Leap. Unfortunately, these abilities give him a problematic font capping range first turn (10 or 9 depending), which really isn't why they're there. They could start on a bit of cooldown and it'd be fine.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  2. Sirius

Considering adding Skirmisher on base, to reduce cost. He is fragile, after all. It fits him, because he is a duelist/combat addict, with no interest in relics or Shrines. In my mind, he's the kind that would actually refuse to attack the Shrine just to fight more.

3. Sirius

Pondering on a new ability: Sweeping Charge.
    Works exactly like Crushing Charge, but it automatically applies Sweep at the location where it stops moving (as in, it'll push away enemies within 2 spaces and damage them).