My Revamped stitched BG ( open to changes)

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Agirgis1, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

stitched bg revamp.png
    Well ill just make a list of everything you need to know
    • Rarely deploy Stitched first , considering taking him out
    • Trying to focus on only recon/decon for maximum snowball potential
    • Using UD font for now since stitched has no detect ( this slightly negates the no detect since itll let you defend your fonts effectively)
    • Repurpose is now worth running cuz stitchling buff......also it can be pretty fun
    • Tyrant with augment and colossal , its expensive but... you need the +2 dmg on your champs
    • Double echoes for maximum pleasure
    • Disintegrate own relics to make champs for the lols
    • eye for an eye on seamstress mostly.
    • Run Fire bomb on seamstress ( least likely to be countered).....technically disease is the best because will cause anti heal .... but useless vs FW
    • Mindslicer boomerang for single target kills
    • Try to always match your echoes with AOE magic blast from warlock......for decon on all the kills......for maximum arise.
    Don't use arise for 1 relic.. save it for the jackpots.......or 2 relics if itll win the game.

Ill answer any questions.....and also take any advice or suggestions :)

SireofSuns likes this.
  2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Well I don't have any suggestions as of yet. Though, I don't know why it wasn't obvious to me to build a group without anything that can't recon/decon. With the revamp this just makes so much more sense than the old way. I still feel that Stitched need a buff.
    I think the biggest problem lies in the starting abilities of the reconstructable champs. Like Dreameater starting with Shadowspawn rather than Stealth is a huge hit imo.

I don't know if Unholy Tomb is worth it, since Stitched already have such low HP. I mean, if you want to kill your own champs for more recon, I think Chopping Block might better for you.
    Mason's Spire might still be good, not sure what to replace with it though.
    That's all I can think of.

Thanks for posting this.

Agirgis1 likes this.
  3. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Well ill start this off by updating that as of today i kicked x2 Stitched first out as i confirmed my belief they are worthless, and i made a general forum post about this issue to try and get it sorted.

Stitched you will always be playing for late game... so vs things like trees and other late game bgs... unholy tomb will win you the game giving insane amounts of nora, Ill say it does take good judgement knowing if you want to use it or not during the specific game.

Chopping blocks don't work with stitched cuz as you said all low hp

i hated mason spire since they nerfed it a year ago, but if someone can show me a way to make it competitive ill run it.

Hope i helped :)

SireofSuns likes this.
  4. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Stitched never, ever need more buffs. Fix the Stitched First but thematically and power level stitched are always going to be a cut above the regular themes.. The snowball factor is real, and it's usually GG before it even gets going.

5. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

what did you put in the places of the First? I personally like the dreameater because it gives us stealth, but what do you think?

6. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Still playing around with ideas, stitched black guard x1 and stitched mangler x1 for now......but ill probably change that in a few games till i find something optimal

At first i was gonna add x2 stitched dreameaters, but i figured if i was gonna add stitched , i wanted stitched who could fight 1v1 on big maps

7. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Here's a question for you. How have the Stitched done in the meta? Oh wait, I believe I never heard of them being in the meta. Hmm...

The Stitched need "fixing", not necessarily buffs. Though some of those fixes could be seen as buffs. As far as a theme goes, the Stitched are only a cut above others in that when they work, they work really well. However, it is extremely easy to counter them. They tend to be very hit or miss, you either win or lose on those first few turns. That's bad imo, your chances of winning/losing should be consistent, not random (like they so often are with the Stitched).

I find that, with the Stitched, I am never thinking "what can I do win this battle?" I am always thinking "have I lost, or have I won?"
    As much as I love the Stitched, they frustrate me as a theme, due to their inconsistency on the battlefield.

In short, the Stitched need a fix.

8. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Don't bother with karma....he had a bad day getting destroyed by stitched twice in a row, he just frustrated :)

9. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

lel stell betthert kermevere?

10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I posted this previous to those losses lol. Keep trying Agirgis.

11. fattyy2k

hang on, corpse golem can be stitched!? wtf is that good?

12. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I have not tried it yet. One of the reasons is that I HATE Hunter: Protectorat. It´s bad design imo. In 50% of the matches the rune will be either UP or OP.

13. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

i wouldnt do it,he doesnt bring much usefulness in stitched bg

14. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

I just want to comment on this part , its true... stitched can get rushed very hard which is usually considered gg. BUT id like to say this is where all your practice will kick in....... difference between average and great stitched players( One of the few at least) is how they play when they are being rushed and don't have the draws they need.. you always have a chance to win, but every move needs to be perfect ( Unlike what Karma suggests , this is not easy at all) when you are so far behind like that.

Gotta be really optimistic with stitched... it is after all a snowball machine, once you finally get going, there is not much they can do to stop you.

15. fattyy2k

so now with the rune cost changes i think stitched have a chance!

16. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

actualy,quite the opposite

17. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Nice sig, and you are right....... i no longer want to even try and play stitched anymore....... its really depressing, ill try to get a request to "fix" it.....but need to help with the main op stuff first

18. Stiltz611

Stiltz611 New Member

Is it me or does Kiergana seem a better option than Sarinda now? Better damage, more hp, better range, recon/decon for the same nora cost. Yes 5spd sux but I am really disappointed that you have to chose recon/decon or eradicate/super charged on the matriarch. I always felt that Sarinda's prime advantages were her being super cheap she would return fairly quick after dying (especially if running UD avatar and tranfiguring), getting her and a magician the price of Kiergana, and eradicate. Now just seems that Sarinda is a very underwhelming champ compared to other champions, Juya for example is only 4 nora more and brings a hell of a lot more to the match.

19. Pheezy

Pheezy The King of Potatoes

@Agirgis1 Can you explain why stitched are no longer viable?

blackguard - 62 nora
    dreameater - 60 nora
    mangler - 59 nora
    seamstress - 63 nora
    warlock - 64 nora
    shaman - 70 nora

Out of the 20ish stitched units, roughly 15 of them are less than 80 nora. Unless you are talking about some of the abilities which need changing, I think most stitched are reasonably priced (except for the exotics as they don't bring much to the table except tyrant) . But then again, I am no expert.

^^

20. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Hexer now higher priced(nerfed)..... shaman and warlock didnt change much......seamstress is 65 on proper upgrades.....you don't run the small units, sarinda also nerfed, stitched first still unplayable

its slightly weaker now...... sure its playable , but its nothing compared to everything else you can play since ALOT of things got more powerful , playing stitched right now is like playing on a major handicap

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014