My sp bg post your thoughts or ideas for improvement

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by super71, Sep 8, 2015.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

https://poxbase.com/deck/C6mctZCjOCfAcz_cx1caFcaGCaHC5TcoKs5QS67s4ts4Qs7IS7Bs59S82s5wrOe2H

Kinda gimmicky bg but that's what makes it fun, any thoughts to improve ? If you have questions why i used certain runes ask away.

State of confusion seems to be pretty top tier imo i don't know why it doesn't see more play. False orders tends to really mess with my opponents strategies and most times costs them nora. I like rip in their to combat the many many rush bg's that are ran, and spirit channeling in case my opponent decides to line up one too many champs.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  2. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Why cavern keeper if you run no Voils? If want a Healer, use the Kanen ones (Ritual Cultist recieved an buff today, yay) they are even better supports. The rest is fine. How are you doing using Klub with Spike in an essentially Nids bg?

3. Poxineer

Poxineer The King of Potatoes

y x 2 keeper and leader?

more options with x 1 each

4. super71

I like the cavern keepers for their double heals and the global damage buff. Klub is actually pretty good with spike in this bg and tactician is pretty nice to have as an option. I might look at the kanen healers idk yet, that cavern keeper has always given me that 1 extra damage i needed.

I like the keepers for the damage buff and cheap heals, and x2 leader + zealotry is usually almost a kill every time.

5. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

As far as mixed meta goes, yours is absolutely awful compared to what it could be

SaintKiwi likes this.
  6. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

What amounts to SP mixed meta nowadays?

7. super71

Hmm not sure you would probably have to ask a true sp player, i kinda made this bg for fun and it's super gimmicky.

8. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Haven't played for a while, but I might try something like this:

https://poxbase.com/deck/CplchICtBcz_Cx1cyYChpC4PciLc3QCdxs5Qs1ks7Bs59S82r2Yr=r2ZrOe1Qe1fe1j

I dislike having 5 fatties, but goliath fesh has good mobility, toughness, health and utility for 75 nora; cyclops primal has init 2 (and I feel like there should be at least one in a bg w/ relocate ally); and hurlers are a decent ranged unit that brings debuff, movement and damage capabilities at a different/lower price point than the other ranged champions. Happy to explain the other selections if others are curious.

Aside from that, SP sure does have a lot of efficient, sub-70 melee these days. Lifestealer, Savage Boar, Moga Assault Team, Pit Wolf, Rattle Slag, and Drudge Cyclops all seemed potentially effective (if boring). I should probably add a few more in that range to increase the chances of a double deploy (2x 65 nora was the target, iirc).

9. Ifem21

Don't think Voltaic Slags worth the spot, since Improve Range only works on others slags. Have you tried Mundunugu in its place?

10. Ballballer

Stop

SaintKiwi likes this.
  11. Raikan

Improved range isn't worth it in non-slags, so I use distract instead. Ideally, I like to have 3 types of range in bgs: 1 for dots, 1 for aoe, and 1 for single target damage. Slags are great for dots and apply a lot of useful debuffs. If I were to change units around, I'd think about mixing up the melee line up to work in hyaenid bulwark since combat awareness works really well w/ all the aoe and knockback. But then I run into a problem with not have enough magic damage and having a lot of semi-expensive melee all at the same price point (76 for bulwark 77 for flamefist, iirc)). So I could add in another primal and/or a shallaxy, but then there's 6 2x2's in the bg which is a lot. So I compromised on metallic slag, which has magic damage and can turtle when I need a wall for knockback damage. Plus, fascinate works pretty well at clumping up units for AOE damage. Firebomber also looked tempting, but I have a lot of fire damage already.

Edit: Also, I think mundunugu is too fragile for his range. Also, ritual kultist counters healing with disease bomb, and I probably have enough super champ counters w/ VP, SOC, and the Knockback damage. If anything, I might take out a hurler and add a cyclonic fesh.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  12. Raikan

What are you running, or what would you run?

13. Ballballer

This is what I ran at rank 1. It was awhile ago, so take it with a grain of salt. It was after the new runes were released tho, and i didnt even run any of them.

Attached Files:

SaintKiwi likes this.
  14. Raikan

Thanks!

15. super71

Yeah i dislike 2x2 champs mainly because a lot of the maps kinda screw 2x2 units entirely. I like goliath fesh but my tank role is kinda filled with klub, and i love klub also i always feel like i cheated when i use swallow whole lol.

Cyclops primal is looking really good for power turns with encouraged. Vicious harpoon looks nice for some relocate, the rest looks too typical meta for me. I run sp as kind of my gimmick faction, will definitelly look at adding harpoon and cyclops primal though, thanks for the help.

16. Raikan

Juggler w/ burn or bomb?
    Is nora gen such a big issue that you need the cyclops shaman?
    Any issues w/ ethereal/vaporize champs?

17. Ballballer

I ran juggler with bomb. I think i tweaked a couple of runes for 2v2 with this list. Maybe i had another dreamcrusher in there to replace the shaman, idk. Ehh not really with incorporeal champs, I usually just wait them out. Ghost champs are onnoxious for sure though. Sp just has trash magic damage

SaintKiwi likes this.
  18. Ifem21

We need a ranged magic DMG hero, and we all gonna be fine.