My take on UD at the moment

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by nepyonisdead, Oct 30, 2016.

1. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

I write this post after Ive been hearing loads of complaints how ''OP'' UD is. Now my opinion on this topic has been the same for 4 expansions, some aspects of UD are OP and some runes are too efficient (wont point them out as anyone reading this and playing the game knows what I am talking about).

This warrants a nerf and as a UD player I couldnt agree more but to the devs I want to bring some issues to your attention before you go ahead and nerf the faction.

1. Almost all UD players play the same 40 or 50 runes of the faction, these are the only top tier ones and the rest of the faction speaks for itself. Spiders, boks, hekatian, beasts are all subpar and it would be amazing if u found a way to re work them and make em competitive.

2. I know this is a UD post but I have to draw attention to other runes from different faction so there is no double standard (mika , storm flyers, stormreaders, g'hern sustainers, wandering zombies ...etc are all too efficient so lets not get carried away with the UD nerf and forget the other main issues.

3. All these years UD has been craving for a spot cleanse option, and now more than ever I feel like we need it so please do take this under consideration

4. Lastly some old runes are outdated and are just sitting there with no use, say for example sheoul brand vs molten cloak. Brand is never used these days and so are other runes so re working them may bring more variety

Also I would like to say in the end that I know you guys are always working and busy to improve the game, and believe me I appreciate all the hard work you guys do. This game for 9 years now has been my fav game and I would never send feedback if I didnt genuinely believe that you guys listen to the community and will work hard to establish balance between the themes.

@Senshu @Sokolov

Thanks again :)
    Nepy

Tweek516 and TeaNinja like this.
  2. noamkeren

noamkeren I need me some PIE!

Spiders are good, they can spam a lot of champs and get a surge unit out easily.
    Boks and hekatian are the same theme i am pretty sure and i know that boks are strong, try them b4 u say that.
    Beasts are pretty good too, i think people play beasts should play fire/beast.

3. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

Top 50 runes being meta was always the case, you can say that for any faction.
    Old runes being outdated is fine, its the only way new content can be desirable.
    We do not need spot cleanse, we already have cleanse options if you cant live without it.
    Also if you feel that something is OP please mention specific runes and reasoning.
    IMO the UD is OP is an outcry because we are popular and people face us often, its not really because of power level.

Willow and SPiEkY like this.
  4. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Right now, UD can do what it's good at ( melee beating rush) pretty much better than at any time previously. Make hay whilst the sun shines.

Still has plenty of weaknesses, but that's ok.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  5. nepyonisdead

How can u say we don't need a spot cleanse ??

If fs tries to reverberating blast u or cast hammer strike etc
    You can't do anything except scarfice or retri

Also every other faction has a viable cleansing option except for UD so that just adds salt to the wound

6. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

If UD tries to boundless enthusiasm or mandate from sheoul etc.
    You can't do anything except...
    There are strengths and weaknesses and playstyles to each faction. I personally believe cleanse/heal would go against the retri/sacrifice staple that is UD.

Willow and SPiEkY like this.
  7. nepyonisdead

well I stated this in another post but again say u cast reverberating blast or hammer strike to set up for a kill next turn as a UD player I literally have no way of stopping you

and again every other faction has a cleansing option so cleanse is a tool like detect and shatter you cant say its fair to play without those options in your factions would you?

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I've never once felt that I "needed" cleanse at all while playing UD, but maybe I'm just used to it not being an option.

Willow, IronStylus, Tweek516 and 2 others like this.
  9. Fentum

Exactly this.

Without a spot cleanse, you have to build your deck differently. Dark Pact can help, also the cleansing flame guys to some extent. Roll with it.

10. RasielCZ

If you really need cleanse just run mino stoker, its pretty much a spot cleanse on small maps.
    Also its not like you are helpless if you get hit by a stun effect.
    You can cc your opponent back, relocate out, use defensive spells or equips, use other champs to kill the threat to controlled champ.
    Of course the solutions are not universal and you want to play differently vs different factions.

Willow likes this.
  11. nepyonisdead

Rac I know you are a good UD player and understand you have a view of the faction, however don't you think an equip or spell that does 10 dmg for example and cleanses on spot will help UD?

12. nepyonisdead

Ever since demonologist lost the ability cast dark pact and I've been angry with this issue btw I have absolutely no clue why they removed it now he is not worth the cost (in my eyes)

13. Fentum

If you REALLY want a UD spot cleanse, check out my idea for a new rune from a few months ago...FLAGELLATION... in that forum.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  14. RasielCZ

Of course spot cleanse would help UD, but it would just become a mindless autoinclude lowering the variety.
    Purefire used to cleanse, it was godly and nerfed quite fast.

15. nepyonisdead

Fentum I read your post and I love the idea (I think I posted that in ur thread :) )

Ras. Cleanse is an auto include just like shatter and detect. It's an essential tool to making bgs.

I would also be ok if they bring back cast dark pact on demonologist but the point is it's unfair for u to get hammer striked and watch as the opponent set up their kill with nothing you can do + he will get the globe more likely

UD is a fast pace game so you will have 3 or 4 champs that will be on field

As we all know UD doesn't scale well to late game so you want early game tools to counter the opponents stalling if you want to win with UD

Lastly now that everyone is *****ing that UD is OP I expect the faction to get nerfed to the Firking ground and so I want to make sure that we have tools to survive the nerf

16. RasielCZ

I run neither shatter, nor detection and manage fine.
    I also run a lot of range with harbs and blood owls so our viewpoints could be different.
    I would not expect any nerfs, while enthusiasm would survive +5-10 nora there is not realz anzthing out of line in UD and our general rune efficiencz is lower than that of other factions.

Edit:
    Flaggelation looks too strong, it would get the FR treatment.

SPiEkY and nepyonisdead like this.
  17. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I personally don't think ud should get spot cleanse. Sorry nep :p

SPiEkY and nepyonisdead like this.
  18. nepyonisdead

Tweak and raciel thank you both for replying :) even if we don't share the same view on the faction it's always good to debate this and see how others manage.

I play melee UD mostly and so I am biased

Ras I absolutely agree that UD is fine but if u log on during the busy hours you will hear constant complains about literally everything ( 90% of complaints don't make sense) ppl saying Grimlic and sheoul demon are op genuinely piss me off

Some stuff like nerf to boundless and a change to heretic overlord cuz he gets some ppl a draw win would be ok but literally nothing else is OP about UD

Tweek516 likes this.
  19. nepyonisdead

And ras sorry for going off topic here but are you an alt?

20. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

One note on the design regarding spot Cleanse. A lot of the focus for UD is on sacrificing champions instead of keeping existing ones alive. If this functionality is not properly fulfilling it's role then let us know where it is falling short and @Sokolov can assess if some revision is need. We are open to feedback, but we would rather look at the deficiencies of the faction and assess how they can be resolved to maintain its uniqueness.

badgerale, Tweek516 and nepyonisdead like this.