Mystic of K'thiras

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Mystic of K'thiras
    Faction: K'thir Forest
    Rarity: Rare
    Race: Elf, Spirit
    Class: Shaman, Wizard
    Artwork: A lean incorporeal elf walks through fire, flame, and electricity unharmed. The robe he wears is covered in gently glowing sigils. Floating above one of his outstretched hands are three small rotating orbs.
    Flavor Text: "There are countless worlds beyond comprehension; I have glimpsed some of them in dreams. Still, the only place I'd like to be is here, underneath this shady tree." Xi'ron, Mystic of K'thiras
    Nora Cost: 76-83
    Deck Limit: 2

Champion Stats
    DMG: 10, SPD: 6, RNG: 4-6, DEF: 0, HP: 44

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Orb-
    This unit makes a Magical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack. (0 nora)
    Mystic Push- Spell presence of friendly champions is increased by one and champions your enemy controls have their spell presence decreased by one. (3 nora)
    Spellswallower- When your enemy successfully casts a spell, this unit gets +1 DMG. For every third spell cast, this unit also gets +1 DEF. (6 nora)
    Spirit Walk- The next time this champion is successfully damaged, this champion is relocated to the nearest friendly deployment zone and becomes Incorporeal until the end of the turn. This effect is hidden until triggered. CD: 3, AP: 0 (6 nora)

Champion Upgrade Path 1
    High Endurance- This champion's AP CAP is increased by 3. (4 nora, DEFAULT)
    Prophetic Balance- Whenever an opposing champion gains AP outside of normal AP generation, this champion gains an equal amount of AP. Any AP gained this way which would be lost due to the AP cap is gained by the closest friendly champion instead. (4 nora)
    Tempo- When a spell is successfully cast, this champion gains 1 AP. (3 nora)

Champion Upgrade Path 2
    Resistance: Elements 1- When this unit takes Electricity, Fire, or Frost damage, that damage is reduced by 20%. (3 nora)
    Resistance: Elements 2- When this unit takes Electricity, Fire, or Frost damage, that damage is reduced by 35%. (6 nora, DEFAULT)
    Resistance: Elements 3- When this unit takes Electricity, Fire, or Frost damage, that damage is reduced by 50%. (9 nora)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    Pixyrus and chickenpox2 like this.
  2. Xirone

@PoxZuo
    I know you could really make the artwork for this rune look great, what do you say?

3. Xirone

This champion is meant to be one that you can use to rather safely rush, attack, and retreat to safety with Spirit Walk. You can overcommit with just a minor penalty (taking damage). Overall, this would be a useful and flavorful champ. Though partial, I do like this idea!

4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Don't have access to pb I have no clue what the prices for those resistances is but this ability seems kinda cheap

5. Xirone

Those are the prices for all three abilities bundled together (i.e. Resistance: Fire 3 is 3 nora, Resistance: Frost 3 is 3 nora, and Resistance: Electricity 3 is 3 nora). Perhaps for the ease of having all three the abilities bundled into one it should be +1 nora? Does 4/7/10 sounds better?

6. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Yes that's what I was thinking they should be more than each individual ability simply bcuz there are multiple resistances 4/7/10 is fine I was expecting the abilities to be more so I was gonna suggest 5/8/12

chickenpox2 and Xirone like this.
  7. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I think resistance elements should cost a bit more than 9 nora because you're making 3 keywords slot into 1 slot.

Maybe
    1) make it an activated ability that lasts for 4 turns? w/ AP cost too
    2) or make it at least 12 nora. +3 premium for condensing 3 diff keywords into 1

8. Xirone

Making it an activated ability is an interesting idea. I would probably use it more if the cost were just a little more, though!

9. Xirone

Another idea would be to reduce the percentages of Resistance: Elemental to 15%/30%/45%?

10. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Spirit Walk does not too much sense. So you click "Spirit Walk." Then, if I am your opponent, I hit him once; and he is gone to your nearest deployment zone. This could work for you or against you. To keep it out of the way, when you click Spirit Walk, I would just touch him once and poof. I understand he would be saved for being one rounded, but he wold be able to maneuver back to battle to well once he is gone. Of course, maybe that is what you want.

11. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

This idea tastes good in my belly, +1!

12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Spirit Walk- The next time this champion is successfully damaged, this champion is relocated to the nearest friendly deployment zone and becomes Incorporeal until the end of the turn. Then is returned to the same location. (If location is occupied, this effect is delayed) This effect is hidden until triggered. CD: 3, AP: 0 (6 nora)

KingJad likes this.
  13. Xirone

That is kind of neat! What does the champion do if the original location is occupied? It is sent to the nearest friendly deployment zone but can it move normally until it is yanked back? Of course, Iceguard is kind of a similar thing (it just stays there but can't take any more damage).

14. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Correct! It's kinda link blink in the aspect that if the space is occupied he'll never come back. But if something where to move from it, regardless of where he currently is he'll be ripped back into that font. So not only is it tactical for you, your opponent has the ability to use it against you. Seems fair :)