Myx Progenitress and some swanky new pupae type fun stuff

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by MovnTarget, Apr 17, 2014.

1. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Myx Progenitress
    Faction: SL
    Race: Myx
    Class:
    Shaman
    Size: Large
    Rarity: Exo
    Artwork
    : A large myx bursting forth from the sand with a number of various other myx in close proximity charging forward towards something off screen. In my mind the myx would look something like a queen ant.
    [​IMG]
    Flavor-Text: "The Myx assault will require no aid. They have a Progenitress with them and she is an army unto herself." -Akakios
    Nora Cost:

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    SPD: 7
    RNG: 6-8
    DEF: 0
    HP: 40

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Magical
    Brood Bond
    Domain: Sand
    Trail: Sand
    Tunnel: Sand (Rank 3)
    Sand Veil
    Lumbering
    Ponderous
    Unequippable
    Surge: Myx
    Alter Strain (Spitter) *
    Alter Strain (Slasher) **
    Lay Myx Pupae(Drone) (CD:5) ***

Upgrade Abilities
    Aid Defense
    Relic Guardian
    Gift of Fertility
    Absorb

* Alter Strain (Spitter): Target Myx Pupae (Drone) relic is removed from play an a Myx Pupae (Spitter) is summoned in its place. (CD:3) (AP:3)
    ** Alter Strain (Slasher): Target Myx Pupae (Drone) relic is removed from play an a Myx Pupae (Slasher) is summoned in its place. (CD:3) (AP:3)
    *** Lay Myx Pupae(Drone): I've bumped the cd up to 5, now it is in line with the relic that can be deployed directly from the rune dock and with the introduction of a second pupae dropper it will make it take a little longer before myx get entirely out of control. Assuming someone takes the Gift of fertility upgrade it will still require 4 rounds before another pupae can be deployed. Now as to why the Myx Pupae is being specified as (Drone), this is to hopefully make the creation of the alter strain abilities easier to do. Based on my understanding when things are summoned an the like usually they are drawing on an existing rune that is somewhere in the database, so by creating a Myx Pupae (Spitter) it would hopefully make that whole process easier.

Myx Pupae (Spitter) : In 7 turns this relic is destroyed and replaced with a 75% Hp and dmg Myx Spitter without brood bond.

Myx Pupae (Slasher) : In 7 turns this relic is destroyed and replaced with a 75% Hp and dmg Myx Slasher without brood bond.

The idea of making them need 7 turns is it makes them a bit more of a risk to deploy as they will be sitting out there much longer until you have a number of Myx with brood bond out. Also the spitter and slasher deployed won't have brood bond otherwise that would make it progressively easier to get more out after the initial one is hatched.

Thought process behind this rune:
    I know that this rune has a boat load of abilities which makes it somewhat counter to the way DoG seems to be trying to take things. This rune has lumbering and ponderous to make it slow enough and cost enough ap to attack and move that it won't be doing too much as far as damage is concerned early and thus avoiding giving myx two long range champs that can deal lots of hurt very quickly early in the game. Unequippable is on her for the same reason, so avoid simply slapping on a rage band or a dunewalker's mantle and circumventing the intended early game weakness.

She has sand veil and tunnel: sand (rank 3) as a means of preventing an automatic loss by drawing her first, she will still be able to move and grab a font the turn after she is deployed, but that sand will quickly dissipate forcing her to rely on other sand generators to move around effectively after that. Also she has 7 speed, just to give her a little bit more movement.

She is a champ that serves as some magic damage if needed and can become a terror late game but is very slow and very squishy such that if you get to her she won't be around for too long.

She is rather cheap but she has some rather substantial negative abilities on her that would drive her cost down.

Questions to Answer:

To encourage a healthy discussion and increase the chances of your Rune suggestions being selected please answer the following questions in your suggestion post.
    • What role is this Rune intend to fill?
    This rune would further expand the myx theme, giving them some much needed magic damage and also advancing the pupae aspect of myx which is rather central to the way the play as evidenced by their passive.
    • Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes?
    This is largely due in part to the fact that the myx theme was relatively recently created and has not been properly fleshed out.
    • How is this Rune different from what is already in Pox Nora?
    This rune will introduce new mechanics to the myx that currently don't exist.
    • How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes?
    This rune will offer myx a strong late game presence while also allowing pupae to be grown into different things depending on the need of the match at any particular time.
    • What makes this Rune unique and fun to use?
    This rune, in addition to opening up the pupae part of the myx theme, would also serve as something of a late game powerhouse between her ability to churn out more myx and begin to hit rather hard once a number of units are on the board.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    ptjimbo and Woffleet like this.
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I like it, I was thinking of something similar but altering the pupae to bring drones reskinned with some perks, but maybe they can coexist.
    About your design, it looks like that the rune is being cluttered with domain and trail, that aren't vital given the sand that myx can generate. I also think that unequippable is unnecessary, because this rune will always be a worse target for mantle than sandsnipe, so I feel like this competence already fullfils the same role as unequippable.

3. only

only Active Member

yeah, there were many suggestions for more different ways for egg hatchinlings etc. I feel like there are more elegant ways to achieve that.

4. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

what if different strains were spell and relic based. For example:
    Spell:
    SandSnipe strain:
    Target Myx pupae is destroyed and replaced with a Sandsnipe pupae without broodbond( hatches in 7 turns)

Relic:
    Sandsnipe pupae
    Nora:50
    HP:20
    DEF:0
    Sandsnipe without broodbond( hatches in 7 turns)

Flavor: THe myx only create drones. Some higher power( the player) creates the other myx

none of these values are concrete