Myx relevance

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by DukeofDunks, May 3, 2017.

1. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Ive noticed that nobody plays myx anymore when they used to be one of the go-to SL decks. Did they get nerfed too hard in the past couple years? Assuming theyre still relevant what are the core runes that a myx deck revolves around? I cant afford half a deck worth of exo's and legendary but i like working torwards a goal and with how expensive myx looks to put together it'll be a goal im working on for a while.

2. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Currently I think all SL themes are probably viable because sandstorm is broken and their faction bonus is solid vs a lot of decks. Having said that they are likely on the weaker side of available SL choices.

Rares: Matriach is essential. Hurricane is good. Haven't played with mindwarp
    Exos: Broodlord and Coordinator are essential.
    Leg: I think you'd want at least 1x incubator, not sure on slasher

nepyonisdead likes this.
  3. Slencer

Slencer The King of Potatoes

there are just so many ways to deal with summons these days which really impairs the playstlyle of myx as a whole

Kampel likes this.
  4. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

This post is just bad on so many levels, it adds literally nothing to to the discussion, mostly serves to put the other person down, and worst of all is pretty much incorrect.

People say "nobody plays x anymore" because it's not necessarily apparent whether they don't see them because they are useless or if it's just a symptom of a small player base. He literally followed up the statement of 'nobody plays myx' with a question explaining what line of thought prompted him to ask such a thing.

Being a good player and being a good deck builder are 2 distinctly different things. There have been many great deckbuilders who were awful players, and many awful deckbuilders who were great players. There have been very, very few great deckbuilders who were also great players. Many people just netdeck and play their best, which is fine.

It's also very clear if you read the guys post he's not asking for a full decklist, he's just asking about the core runes and by extension their rarity - as this is relevant to him as he is not a "rich" player.

This is a small game without a large pool of resources to draw from - these forums being the only place, so either help people or get out with your negative, condescending, contentless posts.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    ptjimbo, MaruXV, Woffleet and 3 others like this.
  5. DukeofDunks

Ive actually noticed this learning FW in the interim, bone circle archmage and bone circle staff are disgusting against any deck that relies on summons(poor tree deck) and that would hurt so much more on myx, those drones youve given up early game pressure on to spawn support units for and cultivated over 3~ turns gone with the wind, not even worth of a basic attack. Thats one thing for say, UD's spider deck. Its another for myx. Though if poxbox is anything to go by -somebody- is buying them so -somebody- must be using them, or at least planning too.

Savage.

Woffleet likes this.
  6. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

yup, they didnt get nerfed, abilities to counter summons where buffed making them less popular

7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Awaken brood wakes up the pupa now. Kinda neat. Myx are more or less a sand theme, which is one of sl's strongest themes right now. You get a Broodlord with domain sand, onto sand, and he tanks harder & longer then most of the champs in the game.

8. DukeofDunks

As in an actual myx bg or a sand bg with broodlords and sandsnipes?

9. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Yes.

10. DukeofDunks

Would it be too crazy to run x2 manticores in myx? They synergize so heavily with sand but dont have many ways to produce it, manticores reveal sandstorms and have sandbreath. Myx also lack in faction healing which the manticores provide

11. DukeofDunks

[​IMG]

Currently what im working with, Have no idea what im doing.

How do you run your sandsnipes? Call to arms feels too good to pass up on but it also means they do no damage without piercing shot which also makes them very expensive

12. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I believe awaken brood has always worked that way.

I think I remember testing it out shortly after myx first showed up on the scene.

13. DukeofDunks

[​IMG]

Did some changes, really like the inclusion of the incubator, Deployed early on it does great thanks to preparation, deployed later and it allows instant hatching on your support units which is a huge surge in power, not to mention the damage transfer from prep and dictate to something like a sandlion or a broodlord.

Currently testing myx slasher vs sandclaw since theyre basically the same rune, Havent ****in drawn the godamn slasher so unsure yet but the sandclaw single handedly carried a game for me by virtue of his disgsuting output with with a drive triggered blood frenzy.

Signals are cheap and literally game winning, even if broodlords are the only consume unit but they require so many resources to kill that negating them with 30 nora is just too huge a swing. Might cut it to x1 since needing to consume twice in one game(thats not already won) is unlikely. Unsure what to replace it with

Are matriarchs commonly run with soothing serenade? The speed aura is the obvious upgrade but spending 76 nora for a walking sand generator/aura and a drone doesnt feel too good. On one hand its only 3 nora more than acidic greeting, on the other thats an 80 nora support unit.
    Are spitters worth running? I feel like theyve got potential for strong burst but 38 health is so crippling

Almost never playing the dart wing, unsure what to replace him with. More spells?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Woffleet and OriginalG1 like this.