Nanuq, the vengefull spirit (ST)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by FrostWing, Mar 5, 2014.

1. FrostWing

FrostWing New Member

This idea came to me when i was re-watching an old kids cartoon with a tribe of Inuit and there struggle in the high north. In this cartoon there was a giant bear they called Nanuq. Which means something like god of polar bears.

So what i wanted to create is some kind of beast-hero which can lead the beast of the savage tundra in the defense of their home. My goal was to create a synergy between the beast and also with the Jakei which know this terrifying beast from their ancient stories.

Nanuq, the vengefull spirit
    Faction:
    Savage tundra
    Race: Spirit, beast
    Class: Shaman
    Size: large (2x2)
    Rarity: exotic
    Artwork: A giant ghostlike polar with paws covered in sharp ice shards up in the air ready to pounce. While at the same time a Draksar archer shoots an arrow at the bear which goes right through him.
    Flavor-Text: "Bear with me for we will slay this ... Nanuq" - Draksar huntsman
    Nora Cost: 94

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 1 - 3
    DEF: 2
    HP: 50

Champion Abilities
    Arctic
    Ethereal
    Flight
    Hero
    Mythical
    Cleansing aura
    Protective
    Great protector - When this champion is attack all friendly champions that share a race with this champion within 4 spaces of this champion will gain +4 hp and + 1 dmg permanently. This effect can occur once per turn.
    Restored belief - when there is a champion with race Jakei or Lonx within 4 space this champion gains prestige

Upgrade Abilities
    Pounce 3
    Frost cone 3
    Frost nova 3
    Heal mass 3

What role is this Rune intend to fill?
    A shaman that support beasts a lot and jakei and lonx a little, with its upgrades you can choose how agressive you want to play with this champion.

Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes?
    Because its a runes that supports beasts in the frontline instead of in the back like azaran does. An added bonus "tundra disciplin" can give this champion a basic attack when needed for a little investment which adds and surprise element.

How is this Rune different from what is already in Pox Nora?
    Savage tundra lacks offensive ethereal champs

How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes?
    Because it is unique in what it does. The opponent has to decide to either deal with it at once and deal with the chunky beasts around it later or position his champions so that Nanuq can't hit multiple targets with its abilities.

What makes this Rune unique and fun to use?
    Its fun because each upgrade synergizes with the other making the player able to choose the role of this champion by picking specific upgrades.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    jayscales1 and xRugolth like this.
  2. SavageFang

SavageFang Well-Known Member

Cool idea for a champ, I like the thought you've put in here. I also like the idea of having another option for prestige. However:
    1. Sounds a little op and fills multiple roles
    2. ST does not need a third beast hero.

Azaren is good, Gnark sucks.

RedScarlet and FrostWing like this.
  3. FrostWing

FrostWing New Member

Yeah, maybe the cleansing aura should be replaced with purified. I didn't want it to become useless when distracted but it is the only counter to it apart from killing it while in normal form or using a lot of magic damage. Apart from ethereal it has no defensive abilities, only punishing abilities.

As for it being a beast hero, it is also a spirit hero. Currently only 3 spirit champions in ST but more could come.

4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

this champion has abilities that don't seem to fit it. pounce 3 on a spirit seems weird to me, I'm also not a fan of death nova. Still I like this rune and will always love a new addition to ST, maybe just change a few abilities around and its good to go

5. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

but I don't think devs would go for a new Hero so easily. especially if it doesn't fit the Lore, and the fact that it doesn't fulfill any unfulfilled themes. i can see a new hero to be Yetis, or something else..

6. FrostWing

FrostWing New Member

The death nova is not death nova, its frost nova which you activate yourself. In combination with pounce it is perfect. The idea was that the ice shard claws are alway real even in ghost state, i did not mention this but it would be mighty awesome if the spirit when incorporeal still would have the normal color claws.

I was hoping for with this champion some spirits would be developed and we would have a new spirit-theme. But you are right probably, other existing themes will be given a hero first. which makes me said :(, but one can always share their ideas

7. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

ST doesn't have too many unfulfilled themes maybe we could use another ranged yeti or lonx or possibly beast and the kas theme could be expanded (kas theme isn't unfulfilled but is fairly new and could use some additional support runes).