Necrotic Arbalist

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by kalasle, May 26, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It's an undead that uses its own limbs for ammo. Neat! I put a manual cost of -4 on him because I think the Ammo cost reduction is too small, and he is large. I've put cost estimates next to the stats and abilities. With the new formula being even more obscure than the old one, I really have no idea. We need those new equations.

Picture: A humanoid undead missing an arm, setting up to fire a gnarly-looking crossbow, loaded with that missing arm.

Description: "The little guy really makes that thing work." or "Serkan became more desperate for resources... and the dead obliged."

Race: Undead
    Class: Archer

Nora 61-65-69
    Size 2x2 (-3)

DMG 13 (6)
    SPD 6 (0)
    RNG 3-6 (20)
    DEF 1 (3)
    HP 44 (40)

Attack: Physical
    Boon of the Undead (4)
    Ammo 2 (-4) (-1)
    Total Loss: While this unit has a minimum range of 1, it gets -4 DMG, -1 SPD, -1 DEF, and gains Lumbering. (-10?)

u1
    Gore (2) (base)
    Rabid 2 (6)

u2
    Bash (4)
    Aim (8) (base)

Thoughts and input appreciated. I feel like the costing on Total Loss might be off.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    Leadrz likes this.
  2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Cool concept. How about, total loss:

After this champion makes two attacks it gains ponderous, after it makes three attacks it gains lumbering, after it makes four attacks it gains immobile.

It would end up crazy cheap, and so would need a + modifier of some sort. But could be fun combined with repurpose or throw bones or something.

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

with 5 speed, and 7 dam it would not need lumbering as well and is considered a 'petty' reduction due to the anti lumbering ability of fleshwitchers.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It's not a Zombie. I should change total loss to -4, maybe. Originally, this unit had 15 DMG and I wanted it to balance out at 16/10 with banner, but then 16 felt too high for something of this cost, even at a few attacks, so the base damage moved down.

5. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Sorry, I just assumed (it felt so zombie like)

Ahh okay, fair enough.
    Then yeah lumbering is worth the discount.

Uhh anyone want to get together with me and request it's name be armbalist?

6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Hehe, as he uses his limbs he loses his ability to move. Awesome idea. It seems like there should be some synergy with death benefits.

7. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

What if the limbs he fires are dropped on the ground like woodchucked wood, and he can reclaim them somehow?

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The dude is already falling apart, I don't think reattaching the limbs is gonna do a lot for him. XD

He already does! He's a cheap but effective unit that does his job and then becomes a body-blocker. It's not the obvious kind of synergy, but he fits right into the "death matters" theme of FW, because the only way to make him anywhere near good after he shoots off his limbs is to make him dead. That's the kind of indirect overlap I try to build into rune designs.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think gaining progressive losses as it loses limbs is a cool idea. Tossing in Immobile though would hurt a lot, because then you can't shift him around once he's out of attacks. Ponderous -> Lumbering seems like a good one. Maybe a Ponderous -> Weighty -> Lumbering? Tying it to number of attacks rather than range does change the dynamic somewhat.