Need a boost to my FW collection.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fleshbits, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Fleshbits

Fleshbits Member

I am trying to do some FW vs the AI, just to try something new.
    I am having trouble even beating the skirmishes with the toil and trouble deck consistently.

Anyone have some throw away FW common/uncommons that I can try to build something with to kill the AI and start collecting the core runes? Nothing valuable, just something for me to fart around with.

Skeletons and summoning look neat. Perhaps I can do a summon type theme and feed them to my putrid creeper, while lording over them with my tomb lord.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  2. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

The toil and trouble deck is probably the most advanced public deck because almost every champion is ranged and you need to make good use of their abilities and your spells.

When I get home ill take a look at my fw cards. I should have atleast a few cards to help you out

3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

If you have a putrid creep already, my advice is to stick with worms as much as possible. But if you want easy wins vs the ai (say in daily skirmishes) get a 1-2 skeletal lerpers and 1-2 dark rising spells. Deploy the lerper ASAP. Move the unit while stealthed to the enemy shrine, outside of detection distance. Wait a turn for some AP, then go in, and cast dark rising on yourself. Use the skeletons to box your lerper in, and use the lerper to kill the shrine. A tomblord / banner help, as do a bone cloak.

The public decks are more than capable of winning AI games though. Try spectating some games as well, to get an idea how high level games are played. I didn't even realize relics were dropped on fonts so commonly untill I started watching games.

4. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Here you go, just offer anything. https://www.poxnora.com/trader/viewtrade.do?id=3863212

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I do not recommend this. The rest of worms is still comparatively expensive to build, and it does not play anything like other decks.

6. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

How are worms expensive? Genuine question, as I really don't know. But seriously, worms actually has such strong synergy with the FW clan, and are so well designed. I mean, you can literally bile zombie enemies over and over all game...
    Well, if you like losing, definitely play something other than cheap meat, worms, and stitched.xD

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Eye, Putrid, Blinking, Bloodworm, Colossus. Plenty of things like that.

I think that worms are strong, but new players aren't going to have much success with them. They are complicated even relative to the normal Pox game, and that's plenty complicated. They depend upon a lot of optimal play and correct strategic assessment in order to balance solid SDZ growth with not dying. If you want to give them a whirl, go for it. I think that they are the strongest deck right now, but that doesn't mean that they are easy.