Need a touch of help

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Mercer Skye, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

I'm trying my hardest to do these heroic missions with pure FW bgs, and am having an issue figuring out what we have that has Reinforcement on it.... I could have sworn there were like 8 skeletons with it....but my short amount of free time is failing me in my search for FW champs (I'll take stitched even) that have it.

Hoping someone might have a quick copy-paste list they could drop on me.

2. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I do as well. But I found this http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com/, helps find abilities and champs and what not. Things have changed a bit since I've last played an none of my fw bgs work at all anymore.

Guess that's what I get for combos :/

3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

They're called heroic for a reason.

4. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

As far as I can tell Elsarin Reaper is the only champ left with this ability - dropped from Bile Zombie in this patch I think

5. Mercer Skye

Yeah, I just finished up going through every upgrade on every FW champ (Shy of New release)...... The 'Include 5 units with Reinforcement' heroic quest is...... not possible as Full on FW

@st3ck thank you for that DB link, that was super helpful

@Ragic Yeah, I kinda figured they wouldn't be pushover level... Though I figured you'd be all about 'pure blood' decks to accomplish those tasks.

So, @Sokolov Plz Sur, moar reefourcmuntz in FW pl0x

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  6. Ragic

Pretty sure one the goals of those achievements is to reward the older players with large collections just like the 100k runes were.

Or wait no, I mean they're meant to encourage players to try new factions. Yeah that's it.

7. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I have yet to find these heroic things. :/ I am not even sure where to start. I came to the FW forums looking for some "hey here are good runes posts" and have yet to find one. I used to make (some) of my BG's by just taking the latest "meta report" or the top 10 whine threads about runes from General. Looks like those days are over.

On a real note though, manually deleting 200+ BG's was alot of fun.

Also, No problem @Mercer Skye

8. Mercer Skye

They are the second to last tab on the launchpad screen in the client, if I'm understanding the question right.

@Ragic It's usually hard to read sarcasm on the interwebs, but the bitterness from your post is palpable. Should these Heroic things just not exist at all, or what?

9. Ragic

Look at the avg number of players online. Should their limited dev time be spent on rewarding older players or attracting and retaining new players?

The players who need the rewards for play the most are the new players. Heroic achievements (as you pointed out) aren't even doable by new players (who realistically are more focused on trying to build up at least one faction to a competitive level rather than branching out to multiple factions).

I wouldn't say bitter more than discouraged at how even good ideas continuely get poorly implemented because the devs approach them with the wrong philosophy.

older example that you may remember: the guild war contest. Whichever guild earned the most gold over a period of time won a prize. Great idea right? Encourages play right? But then they added 10k gold (or was it 20k?) to boxes which completely ruined the whole point of the thing. Instead rewarding themost active guild it rewarded the guild with the most whales in it.

Many many examples of good ideas done wrong cuz the devs approach them with the wrong philosophy. It gets old.

And the fact that this playerbase has dwindled down to those who can't put the good of the game over the value of their own rune collections doesn't help.

Ok, maybe bitter is accurate.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    Mercer Skye and st3ck like this.
  10. Mercer Skye

I see where you're coming from. Not sure if trying to nab the attention of one of the Devs would do any good, but you're not wrong, I was building a deck (Finished it finally) so I could maximize how many of the objectives I was getting done at once, and while I didn't have to pull too hard from the upper rarities, I did have to pull across a wide range of expansions. And as this is only the second set of Heroics I've seen since trying to get back to playing more regularly, I am a bit tepid going into the next set. I'm not sure if 2 weeks is a duration long enough for new players to amass a deck to complete them, but the Heroics do seem a bit too harsh for newer players to use to get a good footing.

Though, accessibility does seem to be greatly improving, and this new implementation of a reward system to ranked play may not bridge the gap, but it looks like it has decent potential to lay the foundation for that bridge.

I may be foolish, but I still hold onto hope.

I doubt Pox will be a major player any time soon, but I highly doubt it'll be fading into the aether any time soon, either.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

For a touch of help, try Serkan's Touch.

12. Mercer Skye

What you did there, I see it. Though in all honesty, is that even a thing now? That spell was garbage last time I was around...

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It might be good. Need to see how well it plays out at forcing more expensive cleanse options. It's 30 nora, though, and the stuff never goes away. Played against another FW player who wasn't running any cleanse (shoutout to @15Deadmen ) and it drained a Dead Fairy down to 0 DMG, 3 SPD, and -12 DEF before I killed it. The unit became literally useless. Not always going to be viable, but worth more time at 30 nora.

14. Mercer Skye

One of the many, many changes I need to catch up on. I remember it being overcosted to the point of belly laughing at its existence. 30n seems reasonable, although still maybe 5n too much. I would argue it only makes the unit useless if a) the opponent has no cleanse and b) they don't cram it down your throat forcing you to kill it anyway. All three debuffs are the kind that don't take away enough power (Or, that's how it used to be) at the start to justify wasting a spell slot. Granted, I'm coming from the 'Old New Pox' with that opinion, I might have to give it a try.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It takes a little while, but they feel the -1 SPD immediately, and that's a big kick in the teeth. You are right that it is a bit slow, but after maybe 2-3 turns the unit does little enough that you can safely ignore it.