Need some advise on a Dwarf deck

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Lacricel, Sep 22, 2016.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

both according to sok and dmr a unit who fills in multiple roles.

the reason they differ on it is that sok seems to be defining it as filling the support role and only the support role, where as dmr is filling it as the anti stealth, anti summon, anti relic, champ buffing support.

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Maybe if I would have also italicized the first line it would have been easier to understand.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Right, and part of my thinking is that if each individual ability is basically a "role" then doesn't that make most champions fall under that umbrella, especially support champions?

But more importantly, the question is... what SHOULD champions look like? And in this case, if we go with the idea that the champion IS doing too many things, is it an outlier or an example of a larger problem? And what do we change about it in either case?

Either way, DMR will clarify his position when he gets a chance, I am sure :D

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  4. Lacricel

Lacricel Well-Known Member

I made some adjustments, based on the feedback (and now i only have 120 shards left). Thoughts?

upload_2016-9-25_22-24-42.png

5. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Sepulcher of Kings, is that a gimmick rune or just has a very clear battlegroup it fits in?

Remove one PoV and replace with Northern Cross Militia, I like their extra utility and you're so close to a highlander deck, may as well. Replace one Hammer Strike with Stasis Field or Bane Blast if it was for the dmg. Most likely you're at the point where you will be swapping runes but generally keeping this battlegroup.

I suggest swapping:
    x1 Pov - Northern Cross Militia; or drop for an additional spell slot
    x1 Hammer Strike - Stasis Field or Bane Blast; Both if you drop a PoV

Runes to look at:
    Sepulcher of Kings (I like Dmg prevention)
    Writ of Al'Mara (Good way to deny your opponent some Nora is to cliff dive the unit you want resurrected. Only works a few times but getting some longer cd abilities off cooldown is kind of rage worthy. although maybe not in this bg)
    Weaponsmth
    Ironfist Standard Bearer

It would also be good to note that there are changes being made to brews and potentially equip esque themes. I'm not sure if the change is geared toward the Intoxicated effect, Carouse ability, or Brews equip but it's been mentioned something is changing.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Do not build an IS deck without 2 hammer strike. It's in the top 5 40 Nora spells, game-wide.

7. aseryen

Unless limiting, and by limiting I mean freeing yourself, to build a highlander deck.

8. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Not sure if sarcasm cus hammer strike is 45 Nora now ...

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Didn't know that but honesty changes nothing.

10. aseryen

do you double deploy Hammer Strike? What would you be losing if one hammer strike was replaced for Stasis Field?

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

No, but it usually accounts for 16-18 dmg when you factor in the -2 def and higher ranked play is usually about accomplishing 1 rounds and this is one of the best spells for that. Additionally, the control factor and ability to cause free disengage are incredible situational characteristics.

aseryen likes this.
  12. aseryen

Seems like you like the spell for the main utility of Hammer Strike and then support it in how Stasis Field is similar. Guess it comes down to preference then. Both runes are incredibly situational and minus the spot dmg,-def, and disengage I think Stasis Fields AE makes up for that. Hammer Strike definitely has it's use.

Do you think Stasis Field and Bane Blast is worthwhile? I enjoy playing the two together, would you say that increases the threat level of Stasis Field?

Baskitkase likes this.
  13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

When it comes to AOE spells, I think your playstyle will decide who wins. You have Earthquake, Rock Torrent, Stasis Field and Bane Blast for the major choices. All are great spells.

Edit: I typically run 2 HS and 1 Baneblast because of the synergy between the two. It's 34 dmg, but possibly more if you factor in -2 def from attacks. It's expensive at 85 nora, but thats huge champ removal potential with only 1 or 2 other attacks needed to get a kill. I have always focused on the single champ kill rather than the larger AOE spam plays, since IS doesn't have the greatest AOE spells. If I wanted to do AOE spam, I'd look up KF or ST.

aseryen likes this.