Need to decrease average nora in this deck

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Chef420, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Chef420

Chef420 Member

It's basically a dark elf deck. Buts it's too expensive in Nora.

I'm thinking of taking grimlic, DE assassin, and fireslinger out but I love them. They cost the most.

Any advice on replacements?

Attached Files:

2. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Go for burn upgrade on fireslinger, thats 11 less nora.

As for DEA, you could swap him for a pit dragon or thunderhoof. they deal a ton of dmg, are more consistent, less squishy and cost alot less.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Take out Demonologist and demon lich. They count as 100+ nora when calculating the average

4. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

unles you specifically want every rune just once I'd suggest to double up on stuff you deploy the most.

SPiEkY and Agirgis1 like this.
  5. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Highlander bgs need to have a very specific reason for being that way, otherwise running x2 is more effective, and will generally get you far more feedback from the community. I'll help with any Highlander bgs you make just gotta know what it is specifically you think X amount of runes will be able to accomplish. Some modules require only a few runes others more. If you were to have 7 runes either on the field or that you were going to spend nora on what exactly is the outcome you are trying to achieve?

You will start with Possibility/Potential and then have to determine the best Process based on how little runes you want to use. Sometimes 'Best' is relative and you will choose things because you like them over something else.

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I disagree with the notion that highlanders need an excuse for being that way. Less 2x means more versatility in your runes.

7. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I agree @themacca , I prefer to run Highlanders and having the full 30 choices at my disposal. Most of how I see players responding towards highlander bgs is that they want to see what it specifically does otherwise it's just a random 30 runes put together. It's not exactly necessary to know what the bg needs to accomplish turn by turn but we all know there is a point in deck building that you can endlessly fine tune your bg by rotating out runes. If the player knows which runes they are playing more frequently or explain which runes they play in succession those responding can give a better suggest of a replacement.

As for rune suggestions. I've always been a fan of Rip Demon Alpha and Puppet Master.