Nerf Scrapper

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Excalibur95, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

scrapper is too good, you can just about always get an attack in especially around mid font, so the unit perma gains reflexes 3 (50% less damage) and evasive 3 (50% less damage).

dog has to realize these two abilities together are far too op, its a bad design to add them together. as usual the players who abuse this will chime in saying no, but they know how op it is, its why they use it.

portal dancer is an equivalent ability and only gives reflexes 2 (35% less damage), evasive 2 (35% less damage). which is bad enough and id nerf this too if i could. even playing ud with high damage the portal dancer champion lasts a long time, its much worse with other factions.

start with scrapper giving reflexes 2 (35% less damage), evasive 2 (35% less damage). work from there.

2. Excalibur95

more runes are due out that utilize scrapper, more will follow.

the name "scrapper" implies a melee ability, i would say more an attack ability than defense, because scrappers get hit in brawls. wont stop them getting shot from range so the evasive part makes no sense to me.

id be happy to change scrapper into giving reflexes 3 and no evasive, would make more sense.

3. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Tried using IS units with scrapper, but they are so expensive and so easy to counter. precision, stun, dispel, all the silly aoe attacks, doom, drown, banish, blink, retribution...so did stop use them fast, cant remember when i fought scrapper units the last time in pvp?
    Think scrapper could get changed to level 2 and get a nora cost cut, and only work if the attack succeed damaging a real champion.
    But i rather face an army of scrappers then nokhan-do + evasive leap/dodge/block units, its crazy when anti-miss abilities stack so many times in a turn...with scrapper its atleast some damage :)

Vorian likes this.
  4. Excalibur95

cool thx for input, while i agree there are counters they are not always plentiful in a faction and may cost nora or have the right units out, enough such counters in a deck, its not ideal and the more scrappers out and other champs that need the extra nora attacks it gets quite the nora drain / annoyance.

5. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Nokando any damage to me lol.

mortal ix and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

nkd/evasive doesn't seem that useful in the current meta, or at least it doesn't do anything to SL aoe spam.

If something was to happen to that type of play, then i could see scrapper being a bit more powerful in the resulting meta

Hierokliff likes this.
  7. Excalibur95

just lost yet another game to scrapper, it was the turning point of the game. my ireguard after equip with 25dmg got two hits into an IS champ with scrapper at the mid font so i could hardly retreat. i done 8 then 9 dmg. i had range backup that would have killed him that hit for even less.

guys try killing these scrapper champs with avg/normal dmg. IS defenses play their part too.

sok moaned that arrow eater has no counter but where is the counter to scrapper? run away and go a font down, then let the best defensive team build on the font?

a scrapper guy on mid font always activates it easily, so dont bring that up.

i realize you can kill almost anything with spells but its getting to the point im running out of them needing to spell kill so many units that just wont die otherwise.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  8. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

blind/whispers of the mind/block/stun
    speed reduction
    dispel
    precision
    DoTs
    non-targeted damage (bomb/ping/aura)
    terrain damage/knockback
    various FW things

9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Is scrapper really that big of an issue ? The only unit i've seen with scrapper that is half decent is pit fighter and that's more because he pacifies you and makes you stationary and then activates scraper. Don't see an issue here when so many other champions are broken, mostly in ud right now.

Also you complained while your ireguard had 25 damage, i'm glad your ridiculous champ hit for so low. Most defensive abilities have been made useless in this game because people complained, if you wanna complain about extreme defense at least bring up sl as that faction is ridiculous defensively right now.

If we keep complaining about defensive abilities this game will be riddled with only ud players as nothing can stop their uber grimlic with 17 damage from 6 range and the endless range hate they have.

10. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Uhh no. Precision ignores reflexes, evasive, elusive, block, and dodge USE IT!

mortal ix likes this.
  11. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Was literally about to post this, good on you for being quick on the draw davre =)

12. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

But not arrow eater and elusive, so it kind of sucks

13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

it beats any condition that would cause a miss. So yes it does beat elusive.

14. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

No, it doesn't

Well, actually I think you are right, but it doesn't prevent evasive, which was my original point about it sucking

15. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

16. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

It ignores Evasive as well. See davre's post right above mine. No, it isn't bugged.

17. Excalibur95

not all that easy to pull off or get at all or at the right time.

i would use spot precision (seems like the easiest counter) if this was a thing for all factions, it isnt and some get hardly any. one day i will play st, till then oh well.

dispel is also not that easy for every faction to use.

18. Excalibur95

see above.

19. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

It is frustrating for me coming from a generation that was used to playing complicated 20 sided
    cleansing flame is a form of dispel and it is fairly common in most factions except ST and FW

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

please stop disagreeing with people who actually know what theyre talking about.