New 2v2 Feature Rank/Unranked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lespaul, Oct 26, 2014.

?

Should there be 2v2 rooms in pox?

1. Yes

74.1%
  2. No

25.9%
  1. Lespaul

Lespaul New Member

2v2 games have been fun for me for almost 4 years of playing now. But it seems to have a need of change for players like me who's fund of playing 2v2 games. Anyone who reads this, are you guys in favor of making a new 2v2 feature that the players can make a 2v2 room just like for 1v1 rooms? I find it useful coz queing for almost half an hour is pretty boring. It's hard to get opponents unless if you see a room with 2 players waiting for their opponents and just starting the game will finish the agony of waiting. LOL.

I hope any admins could see this so if they will consider this, they might fix this issue in the next patch. Kudos to Pox! :)

2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i love 2v2 but not many players are willing to do 2v2s so we should give something to make it more captivating like making a 2v2 daily achievement

3. Lespaul

Lespaul New Member

Yes
    Yes! That would also be great in addition to my suggestion :D

4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

There is really no good reason not too. Good Idea and a time saver for 2v2 players.

5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

please give back non rank 2v2
    all those losses added *sighs*

6. alex2751

alex2751 Well-Known Member

Making 2v2 to have random partner can fix some of those nasty combos. Players fave up because situation was getting redinkolus.

7. Tack

Tack New Member

Looks easy to do, and lots of QoL. Why not I say.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You think that making a new room will somehow increase the amount of players playing 2v2 and decrease the que time.

Awesome logic, well played.

xxLordQxx likes this.
  9. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

2v2 just needs to be available for Skirmishes vs AI.

I'd love to play 2v2 with a friend, but;

1. I would have to wait forever for a game

2. We will always face the same cheese BGs that use runes that unbalance the 2v2 experience.

So, vs AI would be nice. Get to play with a friend, and we get to use fun BGs without getting stomped for not running Nora Drain, Electrostaticificationized, etc.

10. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Custom 2v2 games is probably whats best for 2v2. So when you wanna play an unranked game with your friends you can play them anytime you want without running into someone else.

11. Lespaul

Lespaul New Member

You think that making a new room will somehow increase the amount of players playing 2v2 and decrease the que time. It was not my intention to suggest this idea for 2v2 players to increase LOL. We just wanted it so it would be easy for us if we can have a game already or we will wait for long time. And if you don't get what I'm saying well sorry for you lol

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Your words imply it. If you don't know what you're saying yourself I can't help you. Then again, your excessive use of the word "lol" indicates that you're most likely rather young and poor with words anyway.

Study up, thanks.

13. Lespaul

Lespaul New Member

What's your problem w/ my words? We're talking about my suggestion and you're commenting about my words. I don't really know what your prob is but, I'm sorry if my words have offended you. This just how I talk for fun. Don't judge me coz you don't even know my name. Lastly this is just a suggestion. No point for arguing over silly things. Thanks and pardon me for my words.

14. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Making a feature more visible can increase the amount of people who participate in it. Having "Rooms" like the Create Game things for 1vs1 would certainly help increase the 2vs2 population. After all it's much easier to join a game that already has 2-3 people waiting for you than to see somebody talking about ques in the chat, finding a partner, joining ques and then waiting forever.

Lespaul likes this.
  15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Assuming there is a number of dormant 2v2 players. I doubt it. The gamemode is a dead end design wise and horribly imbalanced.

16. Hiyashi

I believe that it's a fairly safe assumption. At least it sounds more plausible to me than assuming that there is absolutely nobody new out there who'd give 2vs2 a chance if setting games up and joining them would be more convinient.

17. Lespaul

Lespaul New Member

And also, more experienced players of 2v2 probably knows players w/ unbalanced combos so it woud be an advantage to avoid players with OP bgs. Not exactly being a dodger but to play wg someone with your level of playin. 'Cause if we only just que for 2v2, sometimes we don't know who we will be our opponents and it just surprises us that we're battling with players w/ OP bgs just like the Humans/skelly synergy in FW. It would be an advantage especially for new 2v2 players and for us.

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It could also slowdown 2v2, people would look and see no one in the room and go do other things. Then the next 2 do the same thing, even though there are a group who would like a game.

19. Hiyashi

Right now the process of getting a 2vs2 game seems to go somewhat like that:
    Go into lobby, find partner, que up, start spaming that you are in que and hope that somebody joins you.
    Or sit in the lobby and wait for somebody to announce that they are in que, then find a partner and join them.

How exactly would the ability to Create 2vs2 Games hinder 2vs2 player?

You think that people who are now actively writing in the lobby to find matches will find it more troublesome to quietly sit in an opened, well visible game until they find an opponent?
    And how is comming into the lobby and not seeing an open game any worse than comming into the lobby and not seeing a message from somebody who's looking for a 2vs2 game right away? Said message might have happened three seconds before you joined the lobby and you wouldn't see it, by the way.

20. mortal ix

mortal ix I need me some PIE!

Unless the devs make an attempt at balancing (banlist on 2v2 only comes to mind) its going to keep people away. Global buffing effects are simply too strong examples off the top of my head: skellis, frost amp