New Battlegroups

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by cruwhybrid, Jul 9, 2014.

1. cruwhybrid

cruwhybrid The King of Potatoes

With all the shuffling after the revamp, it will be interesting to see what everyone is starting to settle down with. Please first post one of your battle groups that you are using currently and explain what you are finding that works for your battle group or perhaps overall theme. Please avoid critiques until you have given the community something so that we have enough material to fuel discussion

2. cruwhybrid

Here is my new Zombie BG:
    2x Abomination (Berserker 3/Pulverize 3) = 84 nora
    2x Afflicted corpse(DA 3/Locust Swarm) = 37 nora
    2x Corpse Golem(DA 3/Absorb) = 73 nora
    1x Death Harvester(Detection 3/Skirmisher) = 55 nora
    2x dusk Creeper (Rend 3/Dead Eater) = 59 nora
    2x Fleshblight Zombie(Rabid 3/Black Death) = 63 nora
    2x Fleshweaver witch(Death Charged 2/Charged Heal) = 72 nora
    2x Lost Queen(Constriction/Regal Presence) = 66 nora
    1x Moragen(Absorb/Hex 3) = 94 nora
    1x Christmas Xulos(Grace of the Dead 1/Dark Favor 3) = 107 nora

1x Anathema
    1x AP
    1x Domination
    2x Elsarin night
    2x Mobi
    1x soulreave
    1x corpse-a-pult
    1x banner
    1x bazaar
    1x tomb
    1x soulreaver

My ideas behind zombies is to get as many on the field as I can to over whelm my opponents with HP while slowly reducing their HP with disease and generating nora w/ tomb. Witches with zombie herder allow for great setup and locking down opposing power champs. The key is realizing which champs are key components to your opponents success and willingness to chip away over time. I feel like more rabid may be needed in this bg to procure the big hits that you want to get out of your flesh blight zombies. Crossbones and death fairies feel like they would fit into this battle group well, but their squishiness may slow down the formidable meat wall you are trying to build. Combining elsarin night with AP usually combats a key opponent spell and provides the additional 2 SPD as well as elusive for all of your Zombies. In the future, the runes that I am looking at replacing may be an Abomination to find a smaller tempo hitter like mute stalker or dead fairy. Also considering whether my upgrade slots are correct on Corpse golem. May alternate one with rabid and one with DA to figure out my preferences.

Well There's the first. Let's make more!!!

3. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

How your going to deploy zombies fast if most of them are expensive, mute stalkers are still very good in zombies, ill add 2 and remove the dusk creepers.

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

5. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

My thoughts exactly!
    here is mine

2x Afflicted Corpse - ( Nova and Aura ) 35 nora
    1x Coragh Two-Heads - ( Disease Breath, Rotting Blows) 99 nora
    1x Death Harvester - ( Detection, Dead Eater ) 64 Nora
    2x Festering Corpse - ( Aura, Nova ) 34 nora
    2x Fleshweaver Witch - ( Death Charged , Charged Healing ) 72 nora
    2x Mute Stalker - ( ZA, Still Life ) 73 nora
    2x Risen Moga - ( Disease Breath , ZA ) 48 nora
    2x Wandering Zombie - ( Resistance Physical, Dead Eater ) 61 nora
    Essence Drain
    2x Corpse Pile
    2x Corpse-a-Pult
    Elsarin Vex
    Mason's Spire
    Skull of Decay
    Tome of Hate
    Unholy Tomb
    2x Bag of Filth
    Darkmarsh Blackstaff
    Mindflayer
    Reaper's Blade
    Soul Reaver

As you look over the build you see only 14 champs - the offset will be the relics and Witches so add at least Six more bringing total to 20.
    The lumbering champs are used for Shrine protection to slow the rush, with Nova and Aura , until the witches come out.
    Wandering Zombie is a meat shield even with 2nd form headless he can still take a beating and hold the font.
    Mute Stalker is a key player with preparation, having him with 5 range slap the reapers blade on him and can take out a champ easily.
    Bag-of-Filth I may probably be the only player utilizing this Eq. Normally used as Anti Equipment, with 8 damage, Disease 3 and Infectious 3 every 4 moves.
    With this build I can get a zombie on deck just about every turn even without holding a font.

Note: thinking about dropping Coragh for Zombie Behemoth

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  6. cruwhybrid

First off XFurionsX, please post a Battlegroup so that the community can get an idea of how you view the FW playstyle. I find I have no issues deploying the champs I nee at the right times. Even if I deploy Abomination first going first. I still have the capacity next turn to deploy the support to that champion I want the following turn, be it lost queen for damage and durability or dusk creeper for increased range. Also, My average cost for champs alone is surprisingly only ~68 nora and if you subtract the two heroes it goes down to ~64.2 , which is well within my realm of comfort.

7. cruwhybrid

Nite2kill- I love your bg and have a couple questions to benefit my knowledge of Zombiez

1. With a supermajority of your zombies being melee and only having access to herder every 4? rounds, do you ever think about including elsarin night in your bg? Elusive, combined with the 2spd advantage for all zombies in the area, is personally too big of a benefit for me to ever pass up in zombies.,

2. With zombies being undead, have you considered dusk creepers to improve the range of all units with race:undead?

3. The lack of Mobi scares me. As the number of zombies increases on the field, the power of this spell increases even more.

4. How does the wandering zombie perform for you? I love the tanginess of two forms, but it doesn't appeal to me that the second form is uncontrollable for the most part in terms of board placement.

8. XFurionsX

9. Nite2kill

. With a supermajority of your zombies being melee and only having access to herder every 4? rounds, do you ever think about including elsarin night in your bg? Elusive, combined with the 2spd advantage for all zombies in the area, is personally too big of a benefit for me to ever pass up in zombies
    The benefits are good but with cheap champs there isn't much need for it as well as if the opponent isn't in the affected area stat boosts are not doing any good. The Eq in the build will also help with range and Psy Ping​
    2. With zombies being undead, have you considered dusk creepers to improve the range of all units with race:undead?
    Nope, for me everything that comes to the field should be a zombie to max the ZA with the only exception being the bird (who should be a zombie!)​
    3. The lack of Mobi scares me. As the number of zombies increases on the field, the power of this spell increases even more.
    Good Point, with the increase of the zombies the opponents attacks are limited to key targets Witch and Stalker, if not in stealth mode, thus giving time to advance and use Pile and Pult If in an emergency you an always attach a zombie to the bird to get into in areas​
    4. How does the wandering zombie perform for you? I love the tanginess of two forms, but it doesn't appeal to me that the second form is uncontrollable for the most part in terms of board placement.
    He is a beast with Res Phy 3 and 2nd form its a hard kill placement can be a issue on 2nd form but by the time 1st form is killed and he starts wandering you should be able to place a relic or another champ to help contest.​
    Thanks
    The key to this build is taking your time have the opponent come to you use the extra damage abilities and the cheap champs

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  10. XFurionsX

if you use elsarin night, you better use as well ancients protection, or your going to have a bad time

11. Nite2kill

or cast Despoil or any DMZ, with your champs in such a confined space 2 good spells can wipe them out

12. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

13. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

cheap skeleton deck
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c4wChMC2fChXChVC4bc6wCtYc4ns6ZSwspSns5ds4fr2hrTrmrvr8E2B

upgrades
    animated blade: 60 nora, rend 1, multi 1
    shredders: 77 nora, bulwark, calcify
    crossbones: 64 nora, rabid 1, farshot 1
    reapers: 79 nora, black death, souldrinker
    riflemen: 72 nora, black death, vulnerable
    tomblords: 78 nora, surge 1, summon 1
    priest: 74 nora, afflict 1, boost 3
    voidhowlers: 69 nora, rotting blows, rabid 1
    xulos: 107 nora, grace 1, favor 3

no idea if its meta worthy but it plays easy.

15. cruwhybrid

Ragic:
    On your boneshredders, have you considered taking scale armor over calcify? I know calcify is a better way to prevent one rounding, but I personally believe scale armor is better in a majority of situations. How do you feel about these two abilities specifically on this unit?

16. cruwhybrid

GoldTiger:
    You're thinking of dropping lost queens??? While their attack type hinders their ability to produce damage at times, I find the ability to give loyalty to my champs in an AoE 3 to be invaluable. Add to that her final word and I know that she is highly efficient. If my opponent is using spells to avoid her procuring final word, I know I am gaining a small advantage for the upcoming few turns in exchange for losing her

17. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

scale armor costs 4 more nora and I was trying to maximize the usefulness/cost. if I had the option to remove calcify as well for -4 nora id probably have done that too. having said that, I haven't really noticed (yet) a problem with the shredders being too squishy. nothing is set in stone of course since they are still making major changes. If high dmg efficient champs are still floating around when they are done, then perhaps ill go scale.

not much of a concern to most players but vs the ai calcify is the better ability since the ai doesn't stop attacking the unit even after it stops doing dmg.

18. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

bg.png

My current "tactic" is just one-rounding as soon as something gets close. Then doing it for the next guy ^^
    Soulbane's are just for killing something if I am either out of drains or they don't have 0ap. Elsarin Night is just really nice for initial engages to stop your own stuff being one-rounded.

Main units are actually Animated Blade, Crossbone, Riflemen and Tormenty. Secondary theme is DoTs.

19. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

20. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

Super fun BG. Non competitive, but fun for single player campaigns. Capture.JPG

Ragic likes this.