New Client Missing Lots of Game Elements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

In the new client, there is just no visual for many game elements.

In this new client, it just let me rush a Voil off to his death as there was a Magnetic Rover 10 spaces away that caused all champs to have Earthbound. The old client would have a visual clue that your champ is going to plummet to its death.

This new client is just beyond bad when compared to the old client.

I have had so many PS4 opponents attack my Invulnerable Crested Fesh. Sadly, there is no visual and no way for me to tell the PS4 player. So, the PS4 player just thinks, "This game is just awful," and leaves and never comes back.

This new client just should NOT have been rushed out when it was not even close to being ready.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If you bothered to read the other dozen threads like this, you would know that Sony insisted on the release of the client.

Etherielin and super71 like this.
  3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

@Senshu Can you start closing some of these, when the same threads go up 5 times a day it gets old and doesn't help us with new players at all.

4. Elric

Exaggeration much? I don't see 5 threads about this subject matter today. I only see this one.

5. super71

Was the rover invisible or something ? Did you not look at the champ to see if he still had flying ? Did you not visually see the cliffs ? Stop blaming the game for you not paying attention

6. Elric

You just telling DOG that they are doing everything fine does not help this game. You probably won't even understand this, but "the emperor has no clothes."

7. Doobido

Doobido The King of Potatoes

What do you mean? He's dressed quite nicely, yes

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The visuals are almost all still there - just not in the right place or on the right layers. Unfortunately, every ability needs to be re-written to fix the visuals so it'll be a long-term project (I am guessing at least a couple years before all the visuals are fixed, but certain ones will get priority).

As for "rushing" the client was supposed to come out last fall, so it certainly wasn't "rushed." We delayed as long as we were allowed.

Regarding the Earthbound, there was a visual indicating Earthbound in the area while you were moving? I don't remember that being the case and I am not even sure we have that capability server side. What were you expecting to see before you initiated the movement?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  9. Elric

Nope, no visual indicators. In the old client, you could see that a champ was going to fall off a cliff, not so in this new client.

10. super71

I was actually one of the first people to post potential problems, however mostly everything you have said has been said 100 times already, wasn't constructive and all negative. Most adults don't read children's books to learn valuable lessons.

11. Sokolov

Champion with Flight
    upload_2017-6-11_13-53-11.png

Champion without Flight
    upload_2017-6-11_13-53-52.png

So there is a color difference. I honestly don't recall what it was in the old client, but I suspect it was similar.

In your example, are you saying that if the champion with Flight currently has Flight, and the chasm tile is covered by the radius of an effect that causes Earthbound, that it could be visually different than other chasm tiles in the movement overlay?

12. Elric

Yes, there SHOULD have been a color difference, but there was not.

The picture was the first one, but even though the champion lost flight due to the Rover, it did not show that the champion lost flight.

13. Sokolov

I am trying to understand the situation so I can reproduce it and make a bug report.

First, you claimed the new client has NO INDICATION that you would fall in a cliff - are you saying you NEVER see the tiles being orange as in my screenshot in ANY situation?

Second, you originally said the Rover was 10 spaces away, so when you first selected the Voil to move, did it have Flying or not?

What you are saying now suggests that there IS a visual indicator on the new client, you just didn't see it this time, and that the Voil had lost Flying even while 10 spaces away from the Rover?

14. Sokolov

Scenario A:
    Flyer next to the Rover shows orange correctly because it doesn't have Flying currently:

upload_2017-6-11_14-36-30.png

Are you saying this was the scenario and it didn't show orange?

Scenario B:
    Flyer far away from the Rover doesn't show orange because it currently has flying:

upload_2017-6-11_14-37-57.png

Are you saying that in this second scenario, the old client somehow knew that it would GAIN Earthbound when it got closer to the Rover?

Or are you talking about something else entirely?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    Fentum likes this.
  15. Elric

There was no indication that the Voil would fall off the cliff. I never see the orange.

I did not count the spaces between my Voil and the Rover.

On this new client, you click your champion, and then you click the space where you want it to move. There are no take-backs. Once you click, it's a done deal, even if you were to realize that you didn't want to move that way. The new client probably just doesn't show the visualization because from the starting point of my Voil, it did have flying.

16. Elric

You know, Sokolov, thank you for even writing back!

My wife was asking me what all this typing I was doing. I told her that I was having a "conversation" with the developer of the game that I play. She was quite surprised. It is nice that you take the time to actually respond to players of your game. :)

17. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

You can abort the action by clicking A or moving your cursor out of a champion's range and then right-clicking.

18. Elric

Once I click, I don't seem to be able to abort that action.