New client...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Regulate, May 23, 2017.

1. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I was on it for literally 2 minutes and ...

- There is no options button in-game. You can reach it through pressing escape but that is bad design
    - FQ removed. why?
    - Pressing enter doesn't bring up the ability to chat. You need to click it.
    - All chat is totally wiped when moving between game / lobbies (at least pm's and global is, nobody online in guild yet)
    - All chat shortcuts removed
    - In-game is really zoomed in which not only looks awful but also makes the game harder to play
    - PS4 shortcuts everywhere despite the fact i'm on a PC
    - A-to-attack behaviour is not working well
    - No general "home" button in the UI
    - Moving 2x2s one square is problematic
    - Moving a champion then trying to make a move on another one while it's still in motion makes the second champion move randomly instead of where you click
    - Runes in the dock no longer organise the same type together (so 2x the same spell will not be beside each other)
    - "Turn started" spam from game goes into global chat which makes anything happening there essentially unreadable
    - There is no spectator chat ... :(
    - No online player list showing icons, this may seem like a small thing but it gave the sense of a community as well as feeling rewarding for having a rank

I mean, I love this game and I like you guys but some of this stuff is so blatant how did it ever get this far? It feels terrible all over.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    Daniel, Xiven, DiCEM0nEY and 2 others like this.
  2. Regulate

Just so this isn't all negative, it is really nice that the deck manager is working in game now (although I haven't tried this yet, after a few clicks it appears to be functional though!)

3. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

My first thoughts looking at this were thinking how bad it must look to someone whos not trying to ignore the flaws

4. Regulate

For real :( It's actually difficult for me to comprehend that I'm going to have to use this if I want to continue playing pox

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  5. Durand

Durand Active Member

I really don't want to sound negative, but I must agree. I also played just one match and found more bugs than I can fit in one A4-paper. I will write them in the Beta Client Bugs section soon, so its hopefully useful.

By the way, is there any big reason we couldn't have the option of using the old client at least one more month if we wish, while the new one is being improved?

DiCEM0nEY and Gnomes like this.
  6. Regulate

Also, on another note - it was a huge mistake to roll this out to pc players and psn players at the same time if you did hold any hopes of picking up new users. If you did want to do this, you should have had PC users migrated over days/weeks before. There is practically nobody on the new client, and PSN people are already using it - you can't see the numbers in the lobby anymore but you can definitely see the absolute lack of games.

It looks deader than any game i've played in my entire life. Not a good advert.

Tweek516 likes this.
  7. Durand

Durand Active Member

This is not just a small thing, it might be the biggest thing that is missing currently.

EDIT: Watching matches is at least possible, thats good.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  8. Regulate

They show up in the ranked tab when there are any active.

9. Regulate

Update: Zoomed in thing just seems to be a fullscreen issue.

10. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Queue up = can't use the rest of the client, apparently.

11. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Why is the chat blurry in some spots and not within the box DansGame. Also why is it so god damn hard to click on champions. Also why are avatars sitting on those ancient chess piece bases and how the Firk do you stop it from saying Opponent's Turn its so obnoxious.

12. Regulate

@Sokolov Are you guys aware of all this, if so, any plans to fix or comments on which things are 'working as intended'?

13. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

I'm sure they are aware of it all and are currently working on a lot of the bug fixes.

Kampel likes this.
  14. Regulate

Well it would be nice to have some acknowledgement, given that this is going live like .. right now.

This is how they're choosing to launch it.

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

In general, there's lot of polish stuff to work on, so yes, most of this is known I am pretty sure. I haven't been super involved in the development of the new client so I might be wrong on some answers but I'll tell you what I know.

Because everything is a new feature on a new client and there were more important things to get in/fix.

This was working for me before.

EDIT: Looks like this works in-game but not in the lobby.

Yea, it's annoying.

What chat shortcuts? And again, note that they aren't removed so much as not added.

I don't know what this means. It's "really zoomed in?"

Yea, it really shouldn't display those unless you are using a controller.

What does this mean?

How so?

~

@Senshu will take a look at the other more "bug" items on this list, thanks for reporting.

16. Regulate

Ctrl+r to reply, ctrl+w whois, that kind of thing

Just the client not picking up your native resolution when you go full screen, I think. Sorry about this one. Although I feel like something is "off" when i put it into full screen, will mess around and see if it's just my eyes/head playing a trick on me

Pressing 'a' with a champion selected does not initiate an 'attack'. The hotkeys for other ability activations still seem to work, and in fact '1' still works for the default attack.

If you are trying to move a 2x2 1 square you have to select one specific adjacent square for each edge of the champion, picking the other will attempt to move it 2 squares.

Thank you for your response.

17. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Is that a fix in future answer?

Enter to chat I think is what he's talking about

I have a question, my client have been update/downloading for 2 hrs now and still updating. It happened during the client beta it took ages. I live in Australia and the net is probably what cause it, but is there a way (or will there be way) seeing download speed and remaining size?

I would also hope there's a news feed thing on the frontpage beside that slide annouce the new client (and ps) is launched and with a link.

Steam isn't updating pox either.

Thank you!

18. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

The fact that you cant see the factions people are playing in lobby is very annoying as someone who spectates just as much as he plays.

GoldTiger likes this.
  19. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

You need to press A twice to actually attack. if you just press A once it removes the walking pattern, did also happen in one game for me with 1 so i had to start hitting 1 twice to actually attack

20. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

So far I can't even start any pve game with the new client.
    I can observe, but most units don't have idle animations and some other effects are missing.
    When you quit observing you get into main menu instead of a lobby (not to mention that the game has zero reasons to even have main menu instead of tabs or expandable nav).
    Bg edit screen lets you see whole lot of 5 runes from hundreds available, while 80% of the screen contains irrelevant blocks.
    Saxy is not working.

But bg selection screen beats it all - how was it even possible to think about a firking horizontal selector? It would be bad even if we had exactly 6 bgs max, but with dozens of bgs it's just hillarious.

Kampel likes this.