New client...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Regulate, May 23, 2017.

1. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Protick and hfok like this.
  2. Kampel

3. spineyftw

spineyftw I need me some PIE!

Why are the in-game graphics worse than the previous client? Why is it so zoomed in? Champions also move ridiculously fast, almost like they're teleporting. Gameplay not only looks worse, but feels worse. The game isn't smooth at all. It's super choppy and laggy.

I'm not worried about the hotkey issues and things like that, those should be fixed quickly. I'm worried about how bad the game looks and plays. Am I the only person that's seeing this?

Daniel and Durand like this.
  4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

So what I'm reading is everything I reported during the first week is still present there. Not cool.

Xiven, Durand, Tweek516 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Kampel

The client beta before today was running smooth for me, and the client now is laggy as you mention so i guess something broke during release but should be patchable

6. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Why is it that my daily quests and heroic quests reset upon restarting the client? Anybody else experiences this problem? I play a game, get the ranked win quest done, restart client, and it reset again. The same goes for the other quests

Durand likes this.
  7. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

its a bug they are looking into

8. spineyftw

spineyftw I need me some PIE!

There hasn't been a change for me. It was running poorly before the official release as well.

My biggest issue here is that I'm almost missing turns because of how unresponsive it is. Simple actions like clicking champs, attacking, moving, and using abilities are ridiculously choppy. Even clicking through the chat options doesn't work. The decision to zoom in so much is also confusing to me. I get that there will always be issues when new content is released, but a lot of what I'm mentioning here comes from poor decision making rather than opening day glitches.

9. laminasaga

laminasaga New Member

The "enter not opening chat" issue in the lobby isn't entirely true. You have to double-tap the enter key for it to open. To open/close the chat window by clicking on a chat window tab, you also seem to have to double-click it. What's more annoying though is that after sending a message (type something in the text entry box and hit enter), you then have to actually click on the text entry box again to continue typing. Even double-tapping enter won't give the cursor focus to the input box; it only does so if the chat window isn't already opened it seems. So that's pretty frustrating.

10. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Whatever you guys did, you fixed some bugs. For starters the quests don't reset upon restarting anymore, just now tried it.

11. laminasaga

laminasaga New Member

More issues:

1. The game isn't saving the screen resolution settings when you close it, so you have to adjust it every time you open the game.

2. When trying to start a campaign, it shows the same progress on all difficulties, but won't allow you to play it on the other difficulties. For example, I had previously completed the 1st encounter of the Grimlic's Descent campaign on Legendary, but completed the whole campaign on Normal and Hard. Now it is showing the second encounter for all of the difficulties, but if I try to start the campaign on Normal or Hard difficulty, I get an error saying that I can't play that encounter.

3. I'm not sure if this is just due to server overload or if it's some actual bug, and I have yet to try starting a PvP game since the new client went live, but I have been unable to get past the "Entering game" loading screen when trying to start solo games.

Durand likes this.