New condition: buried

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by calisk, Dec 30, 2016.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

So was trying to think up some new stuff for some spells particularly millennial ice quake

And thought up a condition that would help things like snow storm

Buried: movement costs an additional 3ap. This condition is removed after this champion moves or is relocated

It could extend to several sand and earth themed runes

aseryen, Goyo and Xzablaz like this.
  2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Good to have you back haha.

Shame you missed the player made xpac entries.

That being said, I'm all for cool new mechanics, but we have to be careful about implementing too many.

3. calisk

eh if I make 100 suggestions soko might do 1 lol

I just post them when they come to mind and hope some stick

4. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Too bad you did miss the player expansion ST was sadly misrepresented and misunderstood

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

We'll see

6. Braxzee

To me STs main thing is slow them down, control and defense verse abilities and spells. We have so many beaters right now. It could use more terrain effects, crystal theme needed help before now it really needs some TLC, beasts need help with beast herder being nerfed and spell defense something else other than snow blind to give single target spell protection again.

A flying Jakei that has the opposite of tailwind called Head wind --- All enemy flying units loose one AP for every 4 spaces this champ moves. It is just what was proposed are more beaters to flush out another beater theme.

7. Xzablaz

Xzablaz I need me some PIE!

i like this idea, really flavorful!

another idea: how about the Buried condition is set SPD for 0 for 2 turns

8. calisk

Well I didn't want it to be too strong just something like engaging without being engaged was what I had in mind, I want "death by a thousand cuts" when it comes to ap denial

If one ability or mechanic does too much then it gets nerfed but if a dozen things do a little it is generally accepted or the nerves are less severe

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    guokamoli54 likes this.
  9. Xzablaz

Xzablaz I need me some PIE!

hmm with 'Buried' mechanics you proposed, what are the potential runes will get it?
    yeah, 0 SPD debuff would be nice, but maybe become too strong cc

10. calisk

Well possible targets in st could be avalanch, snow storm, a redesigned mil quake, snow trap, or perhaps a handful of new abilities since it opens up some design space.

I could see sl getting it as well in sand something like quick sand: aoe 3 targeted area becomes sand for 6 turns enemies that start their turn in the effected area become buried

I haven't figured out anything for mil quake that I'm happy with but where I'm at now I'm thinking "all non-flying opposing champion on ice and snow take 6 frost damage and are buried, if they were already buried they take 12 damage instead and lose all ap" general thing with that is I don't know if I would cost it at a level I'd call reasonable to play

Here's the scenario you avalanch for snow and cause buried then use this spell causing 12 damage and making them lose their ap, assuming 6 speed they are probably getting 1 tile of movement, it takes work but what do you cost that Level of cc.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  11. Braxzee

FS could have a quagmire or swamp and FW could have deep Sinew

12. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I. LOVE. IT!