New Dorfs BG

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by TheMr.Toast, Mar 11, 2015.

1. TheMr.Toast

TheMr.Toast The King of Potatoes

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

-Tac Manual, Angel, 1x Master Axeman
    +Dwarven Catapult, Geomancer, Dwarven Tinkerer

3. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

The bg has only 1 ranged champ, isnt that a bit low? even with axemen and talgars hammer throw. You could put glorious charge in for gapclosers?

4. TheMr.Toast

TheMr.Toast The King of Potatoes

Thanks Markoth, suggestions added in. And yeah I'm working on that, and i like the idea of glorious charge, thanks :)

5. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 17.26.13.png

Heres mine, Mortars are now badass again since they got a basic attack. 8 range is awesome, and they can also be Superior Engineered so their damage gets up really quickly. You've got you're cardinals as more range and healers and sermon for extra hp and damage. This Bg is really buff centred. D Kings with Battle Master, Euan with battle Leader, access to Sermon, Battle Drum, Drive and a few champs benefit from command paladin. With Banner + Sermon you've got D kings at over 70hp, same with Euan and Talgar when Commanders out. Then you have you're Geos and Tinkerer and Kings for you're power turns with Ap gain/Swap/Shockwave shenanigans. This Bg is playing really nicely atm.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

That actually looks really fun to play. Thoughts on finding a way to fit Catapult in?

7. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

IS the new dorf so good to justify a x2?

[​IMG]

This is what i currently run, under @DMrBadguy way, this bg is heavy buff focussed. Sermon+commander+banner for a +15hp +4 dmg +1 def; and defender for a +2/3 def make my phalanx pretty hard to kill. And this doesn't count battlemaster from Euan...

I find a very good spot in Warsaint, if he could have something like scalearmor or tough he would be a beast

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Too bad IS doesnt have a spell that grants scale armor on demand! Wink wink

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Axe, with geos threatening the early rush, try a Dwarven Engi. Poops lil tanks and DMC gets stupid. 1 Pope is enough IMO unless you work in another set of paladin melee tanky types.

10. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

11. JaceDragon

How do you feel about x2 DMC and 0 sarge?

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

DMC is waaaaay more effective with a Sarge.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Could have sworn imposing aura was 6 spaces, regardless, 3 makes it p dumb. I'm thinking at a mid 70s price point, theres much better options than the new leg.

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I was wondering why you guys werent running tac man, then I looked at it. Are we really unable to balance stuff without ruining it? Lol.

sassquatch likes this.
  15. JaceDragon

idk why sok didn't changed it like he did for Havoc's Touch

16. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Any reason for not including Dwarven Handler. Regal Presence (Dwarf) is a nice bonus and Boost Construct 1/2 could make your Catapults/DMCs even better.

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

All this dwarf talk is convincing me to make a dwarf BG

Iskandak likes this.
  18. JaceDragon

[​IMG]

19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Small range boost, space is very competitive.

20. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]
    Pretty standard smashface bg, but I like it