New Game Mode

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Dalinski, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Dalinski

Dalinski The King of Potatoes

With some effort this game could have a game mode where you take a single Champion rune or a party of Champions into a randomized dungeon.

Rewards could be to find Gold, Mana, Runes, Mercenaries or maybe even real credits in chests, defeating boss monsters or completing quests. As well as gaining Champion experience.

The best reward for playing though is controlling a few of your select favorite Champions and trying to make them survive as they travel deeper and deeper, revealing unexplored tiles in a randomized dungeon. Encountering all the Champions from the epically diverse Pox Nora Champion list.

As you progress through the random dungeons you could unlock spells and equipment to be placed in your reveal bar to be used as you find limited mana.

Your main Champion could gain more levels than normal, unlocking random powers perhaps based off a "Class" list. Potentially levels could be unlimited and a database for each Champion could be kept so that you could be listed on a table having the highest level "Boghopper", "Broken Bones", "Wild elf", "Deep Elf Assassin" or "Serkan".

These mulit-level Champions could be tradable creating trade opportunities like I will trade my 155th level "Groble" for your 33rd level "Kartch FinLord". When playing in normal ranked/friendly player vs player games these Runes automatically play at normal max level.

Perhaps Runes could be hidden within these campaigns that can only be found in this game mode. Perfectly tradeble. Game designers could work in a free to play model with some paid aspects like Super Chests that need a purchase to unlock....

I see REAL potential for this game mode. Pox Nora could turn from being the cult game it is now to a game that has even wider appeal and create a greater legacy.

The steady plod of expansion releases get harder and harder to entertain the current masses, perhaps development effort could be well spent in this Random Dungeon Campaign dream!?

- It is a dream I think would improve a great many peoples entertainment outlet.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    Woffleet, Sirius, Etherielin and 13 others like this.
  2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

OMG 11/10

Woffleet likes this.
  3. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I think this should be moved to rune ideas and suggestions but for right now I'm thinking they should balance and bug fix the game. At least at 95% and 5% not being a big deal so then they could advertise the game and increase player base. Modes are good. Had one idea on deploying all your champs (max 20) in a huge map and feeling like it's army vs army instead of 1-2 runes being deployed each turn.

Woffleet likes this.
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Always taking trapmaster. Dungeons are no match for the real thing.

Leadrz likes this.
  5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I think i saw you post this once before and i liked it then and i still like it now. Any game mode other than what we have now would be very welcome.

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I was actually working on this before I left SOE. It's a pretty cool concept that those I've spoken to DOG about is excited about as well.

The other part about trading the leveled champions and whatever is less likely, but the dungeon part? Maybe with randomized or roguelike elements? Very doable.

Woffleet, DarkJello, Sirius and 17 others like this.
  7. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

This sounds EPIC! I would LOVE to see this.

JellyBerry likes this.
  8. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Dalinski and Soko, I love you two

Woffleet likes this.
  9. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Hey like the idea also like your avatar courtney still play LotC?

10. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Just some thoughts
    Could do custom units like mentioned above, but have them come from a smaller list of champions and spells custom selected and modified for single player.
    This would prevent abilities like detection to spoil those randomly place traps, or to use a super champ bg to plow through the dungeon.

11. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

I just got a boner

Agirgis1 likes this.
  12. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

Rouge like mother Firking Firk ya!! Do it

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

So would this be something like Pokemon? I played a game on Neopets that kind of sounds like this but I can't remember what it's called.

14. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

you mean its like Neopets it like this your pet levels it gains stuff

15. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

Really like the idea. Would be cool to see Euan and his buddies travel through a dungeon full of monsters and loot.

16. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

It will be cool to choose a champion and as you go on and lets say you defeat part one you get to choose one rune from like 3 options and you need to choose wisely. So you beat the first dungeon with a sheoul demon then you get to choose from fading recollection, cauldron or fireblast and the second dungeon you get to choose from warrog, pincushion or demon lich etc etc. until you have 30 runes for the epic final battle. Also if a champ dies you lose it so if you end up with 10 champs and 10 spells/relic/equip then that's all you have to defeat the boss dungeon.

17. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

Great ideas! Good to see your still around old friend. I see the retirement homes internet connection is good enough for forums but not the actual client. ;-)

UD 4 Eva

18. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

This is the BEST pox idea I have ever heard!

19. Dalinski

Hiya Chickpox, I don't really play any more but I still follow the art on the Wiki. My cell kept uninstalling the game by itself. I dabble with it a little from a tablet though.

Long time no see LordQ! Glad to see you are still running on all pistons. Your comment about old peoples home is too close to comfort lol! Nah I'm 39 and can still wield a Light Sabre with the best of my kids. I keep 'almost' running up a ranked game, been trying to get back into Pox actually....

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  20. Dalinski

I don't know what Neopets is. But I used to like a game called Nethack. Which used keyboard symbols as its graphics. Nethack let you take a character of a class of your choosing into a randomised dungeon. The random aspect is what kept you coming back. It also had permadeath.