New IS spell idea: Searing Visage (or Eye of Truth)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Bondman007, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

(Version 1.0)
    Faction: IS
    Type: Spell
    Name: Searing Visage or Eye of Truth (Either sounds cool to me)
    Cost: @30
    Flavor: "The eye of truth is always watching."
    Sprite Effect: A closed eye appears in the middle of the screen. The eye opens and then the screen goes bright white for a second.
    Sound: Something akin to the horn of IS effect (but could be a sizzling type sound)
    Game Effect: All illusions in play are destroyed. All summoned units take 12 fire damage. All stealthed units are revealed.

(Version 2.0)
    Same as above except:
    Cost: 35
    Game Effect: All illusions in play are destroyed. All summoned and branded units take 12 fire damage. (Stealth reveal removed)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I don't mind it as a summon counter, but seems like it shouldn't also destealth.

Tweek516 likes this.
  3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Eye agree. Too much utility will force Unobstructed view out of play. That said it likely needs something else to see play. Just not destealth.

Edit: Suggest keeping the Eye of Truth name. Push cost to 35. Champions with the Branded condition also take the damage

Etherielin, Bondman007 and badgerale like this.
  4. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Was thinking something akin to an all-seeing eye type deal. The destealth would be a one-time effect vs a persistent effect like unobstructed view. I do like the branded champs take damage tho. Will post a version 2 of the spell. Thanks.