new living dnd/pathfinder game recruiting players

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by calisk, Mar 2, 2017.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

It's not intended that all players group together. The idea is you group with a few players and do a small adventure then return to town and group with other players

At most 3 to 4 players should be grouping together at any time

Ultimately your character will be part of an adventuring guild/ inhabitants of a frontier town on a dangerous unexplored land

As such it's not like normal role playing games where you stick with a party through a massive campaign.

The campaign is more what your character has gone through and what's going on in the area at the time and how he's dealing with it.

For example an event that may happen could be a group of goblins has began attacking some scouting posts north of the village it seems they've crowned a new king and he's bolder then the last one.

Out scouts have tracked down the goblin king to the west but he has also kid napped several of the scouts and are taking them to be sacrificed on a nearby mountain. What's worse is his goblin army has begun to move closer and may start to destroy the new farm lands you previously fought for to setup.

From this point groups could be formed to tackle these events or different aspects of them or players could ignore them to do something else like perhaps a group has previously been aiming to map out every aspect of the nearby woods

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  2. calisk

Well once character creation rules are up you can follow them to make your first character but aside from that I suggest
    Watching a few pathfinder games on youtube like the aquitions incorporated games.

You can read the rules but try not to be intimidated by them. It's a lot simpler then the rules make them out to be.

Anyway everything you'll need to know is on the pathfinder srd which you can find on Google easily

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

hecka cool idea

not in for it rn but will be keepin tabs on it o:

4. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

That's cool, pox races is the only thing I really wanted.

5. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

i'm down, Templar tank for me

is there a site to look up all the rules/classes/etc somewhere you can link?

6. calisk

pathfinder srd has all the info

if you are new to pathfinder, I suggest youtube videos then the srd for the rules at first as it can be a bit intimidating

7. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

Spider Spear of Lanamania
    The Spider Spear of Lanamania is a heriloom passed down in the Lanamania line for aslong as anyone can remeber. And its tale is that of many wounders, anchient text tells of a great war between Dwarfs and Merfolk. Each side lead by two male demigods and the the argument started over a women, then igniting to a full blown war. In the end the demigods accpeted eachother and crafted the Spear of Spiders together as a symbol of peace. Then carried by a great hero of the time whos name the text does not mention or why, the spear was then passed down his bloodline the Lanamania.

My Grandfather was the last to carry this spear and it was lost by him for unknown reasons(he would not tell). All that remains now are the tales and the texts, I Have spent a great deal of my life trying to find it again, but have only heard rumours and to no avail.

(hope this can be worked into the world) also sorry for english

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  8. Dolcebrodude

damn Firk really getting into it

9. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

I think for this to be fun and enyojable its good if we "get into it. I love a good story

10. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

When rolling for atributes do you use standard or classic rolls for generating stats? (3 dice or 4dice disacrd lowest)
    also would you roll ouer stats for us or trust us to roll them ourself?

11. calisk

I usually do point buy for my games, but considering the nature of this game I will be considering rolls

12. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

I would vote for point buy personally, rolls are just too inconsistent either op or bad enough you hope to die level 1.

Ohmin likes this.
  13. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

ok i just rolled and pmed you, normal rolls about avarage but i am down for point buy to since that would get me better stats

14. Dolcebrodude

and so he was known as Firk The First

15. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

haha :D
    I am not sure i would keep my nick in Poxnora for Calisks DND.
    I think i will name my Character: Vrak Lanamania of the Merdwarfs(a small tribe ascending from both merfolk and dwarfs)
    MERDWARFS
    [​IMG]

If Calisk allows it

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  16. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

Calisk would you make a new reddit for this i am anxious to post some character bio and lore :D

17. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

Also Calisk if your up for it i think you should recruit some other players from different places, since we might not get to many from Poxnora. I would be glad to help you with whatever you need.

A good place would probably be on the forums of any of these comics but that might bring a BIG crowd :D

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1066.html
    http://www.goblinscomic.org/

18. calisk

i suspect a few of the players from my actual dnd game will be joining, after that most likely will just do word of mouth.

I'll look into the reddit this weekend or after work

also for those looking to do it, it'll be a 20 point buy.

i'll accept character sheets in a number of ways but I prefer google sheets using pathfinder character templates as they are easy to check and modify over pdf's

19. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

Vrak of the Merdwarfs and his trusted Shadow Crocodile companion Bolt in Action.
    [​IMG]
    if not best quality, blame the photografer

20. Dolcebrodude

Do I smell a merdwarf cavalier in the works?

I do have a few questions about the campaign and stuff before settling on a character so just let me know when and where it's fine to start asking them.