new living dnd/pathfinder game recruiting players

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by calisk, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

Hunter but i can see how you think Cavalier. I might have to multiclass

2. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

Merdwarf revised rules.
    Adulthood
    30 years

Merdwarf Height and Weight
    Slightly larger then a normal human.

Merdwarf Their hair and scales span a wide range of hues, with Merdwarf in a given region closely resembling each other. Merdwarf can breathe air freely but move on dry land only with difficulty, and rarely spend long periods out of water. As a race, Merdwarfs are insular and distrustful of strangers, but goodhearthed and playfull. Merdwarfs concern themselves most with nature and there fellow brothers and sisters there split heritage meens almost all Merdwarfs are Chaotic Good or Neutral Good. Unlike Normal Mefolk Merdwarfs grow beards.

Standard Racial Traits

Ability Score Racial Traits: Merdwarf are graceful, hale, and beautiful while the males have large beards. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution +1Cha
    Size: Merfolk are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    Base Speed (Normal)
    Type: Merdwarf are humanoids with the aquatic subtype.
    Languages: Merdwarf begin play speaking Common, Aquan and Dwarven. Merfolk with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Aboleth, Aklo, Draconic, Elven, and Sylvan. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
    Defense Racial Traits

Armor: Merdwarfs have a +1 natural armor bonus.
    Hardy: Merdwarfs gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
    Senses Racial Traits

Low-Light Vision: Merdwarfs have low-light vision allowing them to see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
    Other Racial Traits

Amphibious: Merdwarf are amphibious, but prefer not to spend long periods out of the water. Merdwarf need to Hydrate several times daily. Surviving without water(hydrating) for 2 hour per point of Con, after which it begins to suffocate as if they were drowning
    Alternate Racial Traits

Acces to Shadow Crocodiles as companion choise. Native to Merdwarfs homeland, far more inteligent then a normal Crocodile and to wich they have forged strong bonds.

Druid, Ranger,Hunter Add +1 hit point to the animal companion. If the merdwarf ever replaces her animal companion, the new animal companion gains these bonus hit points.

Alternate Racial Traits. Not decided.

Creative notes: I removed 1- AC and 1- Cha from Merfolk, and added dwarven Hardy. I added the option to get Shadow Crocodiles as Animal Companion and gave them the negative hydration racial trait.

Shadow Crocodile
    [​IMG]

Far Kindred to Dragons, Shadow Crocodiles have wings but can not fly, with an eary abillity to blend into the terrain.

Starting Statistics

Size Medium; Speed 20 ft., swim 30 ft.; AC +4 natural armor; Attack bite (1d6 plus grab); Ability Scores Str 16, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 3; Special Qualities hold breath, low-light vision.

Shadow Crocodile are always Bodyguard Companion Archetype

Table: Shadow Crocodile Base Statistics
    Class Level HD BAB Fort Ref Will Skills Feats Natural Armor Bonus Str/Dex Bonus Bonus Tricks Special
    1st 1 +1 +3 +3 +0 2 1 +0 +0 1 Link, share spells, Stealth check +1
    2nd 2 +2 +3 +3 +1 3 2 +0 +0 1 Nataural armour, Razor teeth(1) +1 BAB on Bite Attack
    3rd 3 +2 +3 +3 +1 3 2 +2 +1 2
    4th 4 +3 +4 +4 +1 4 2 +2 +1 2 Ability score increase, Size increase
    5th 5 +3 +4 +4 +1 5 3 +2 +1 2
    6th 6 +4 +5 +5 +2 6 3 +4 +2 3 Devotion, Stealth check +2
    7th 6 +4 +5 +5 +2 6 3 +4 +2 3 —
    8th 7 +5 +5 +5 +2 7 4 +4 +2 3 Natural armour
    9th 8 +6 +6 +6 +2 8 4 +6 +3 4 Ability score increase, Razor teeth(2) +2 BAB on Bite Attack
    10th 9 +6 +6 +6 +3 9 5 +6 +3 4 —
    11th 9 +6 +6 +6 +3 9 5 +6 +3 4 Stealth check +3
    12th 10 +7 +7 +7 +3 10 5 +8 +4 5 Size increase
    13th 11 +8 +7 +7 +3 11 6 +8 +4 5 —
    14th 12 +9 +8 +8 +4 12 6 +8 +4 5 Ability score increase,Natural armour
    15th 12 +9 +8 +8 +4 12 6 +10 +5 6 Improved evasion
    16th 13 +9 +8 +8 +4 13 7 +10 +5 6 Stealth check +4, Razor teeth(3) +3 BAB on Bite Attack
    17th 13 +10 +9 +9 +4 14 7 +10 +5 6 —
    18th 14 +11 +9 +9 +5 15 8 +12 +6 7 —
    19th 14 +11 +9 +9 +5 15 8 +12 +6 7 —
    20th 15 +12 +10 +10 +5 16 8 +12 +6 7 Ability score increase,Natural armour

Normal Crocodile 4th-Level Advancement also apply
    Size- medium,Attack bite (1d8) or tail slap (1d12); Ability Scores Str +4, Dex –2, Con +2; Special Attacks death roll, sprint.

Death Roll (Ex)

When grappling a foe of its size or smaller, a crocodile can perform a death roll upon making a successful grapple check. As it clings to its foe, it tucks in its legs and rolls rapidly, twisting and wrenching its victim. The crocodile inflicts its bite damage and knocks the creature prone. If successful, the crocodile maintains its grapple.

Hold Breath (Ex)

A crocodile can hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to 4 times its Constitution score before it risks drowning.

Sprint (Ex)

Once per minute a crocodile may sprint, increasing its land speed to 40 feet for 1 round.

Creative notes: I have removed 1 hit die from Animal Companions starting lvl. I have removed Multiattack from lvl 9. Added +1 str +1 Con +2Int +1Cha and some extra flavour traits like extra stealthy and extra BAB on bite. Also added one extra size increase and some Natural Armour because of Dragon blood. Other then that it counts as a normal crocodile.

If anyone else like to play a Merdwarf please converse with me first as this would heavily affect my backstory and we would most likely be related.
    Waiting approval from Calisk

All normal rules to Animal companions apply

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  3. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Why merfolk mixing with with a surface-dwelling race results in a race that's less suited to life out of water compared to a regular merfolk.

4. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

its anchient history including two demigods a war over a woman and the final peace between them resulting in the Merdwarf. They say in love and war anything can happen.
    All this ofcource if Calisk alows it.

Also its a flaw genetically inheritated from one of those demigods the merfolk one. Who at the time fully living under water.

If that dont works i can remove it lower some stats or/and give another negative trait.

And by hydrate its actually drink water they do not need to spend time under water.

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  5. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

Also its supposed to be starting size small on crocodile, with a size increase on lvl 4 and on lvl 12

6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

So some things to notes.

Stats bonuses in pathfinder are almost always +2 physical +2 mental -2 something.

This is a way they keep most of the races balanced.

Any race that breaks this formula usually has such an amazing draw back it's worthless to play anyway or in the case of giants are so broken nobody should play them lol

anyway aside from that everything else looks okay though I don't have time atm to really review the animal companion, but everything for the base race is ok by me once you adjust the stat bonuses to meet the standard stat template

7. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

Ok normal merfolk is actually +2 dex +2 con +2 charisma and +2ac :). I actually lowered the bonus by -1 cha and -1ac. But i accept your ruling how about +2dex +1con +1cha.

If this is to much trubble i can just play normal merfolk, thats ok with me to.

Also the Shadow Croc is slightly stronger then a normal croc i guess i can tone it down alitte, but its of the huge drawback to actually die from waterloss regardless of lvl. Say if you get captured or end up in a harsh terrain like desert

8. calisk

well the original merfolks are in the category of unplayable due to their 5ft land speed thus the difference in their stats, the water reliance is a big draw back but that speed is far worse, and in your case you are about as fast as a human( 10 ft per move faster then a dwarf )

9. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

Ah i see, ok then i will change it to +2 dex from merfolk and +2 wis from dwarf and -2 str if that is acceptable (+2 dex,+2wis,-2 str) for normal stat modifier.

The hydration drawback was mostly for access to Shadow Crocs

10. calisk

sounds good

11. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

12. calisk

13. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

I have decided to drop the added extra armour on shadow croc.

So the extra benefits would be a slight stealth bonus(can also remove this). a slight extra BAB to bite attacks, you would normally use tail slap for more damage. and one extra size increase on lvl 12(dragon relation).

I have removed 1 HD in start and took away normal companion multiattack feat. But added a slight stat increase to normal crocs +1 str +1 con +1wis and +2 int

So all in all not much difference

14. calisk

Ok I have a few things in mind for this now.

I'm going to first look into getting a forums setup on my domain space, so I can create some stuff to better run the game.

Firk and Dolcebrodude like this.
  15. calisk

all right I got the forum created.

feel free to sign up

http://dmcreations.net/forums/

going to repurpose my old portfolio site over the next few days, been paying for the domain but haven't used it really in years and the site is not even functional anymore lol.

I will start by running a non-cannon test game to see how everything will work on the forums, and see if their are things I haven't taken into consideration.

I will also be working on a hex based map that references my database so I can expand and modify the map as you guys explore, while also doing some things like tracking party position based on hex, and neat things like the first explorers of each hex, and what hex has undergone developments like roads and watch towers and what not.

aside from the map I think I will do an online dice roller that can be used to do simple dice rolls, and will store the results for everyone to see, honestly haven't thought about it in as much detail as the map.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Dolcebrodude likes this.
  16. calisk

oh ya tell me if you have any issues registering

17. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Should we register using pox forum nicks or some character specific names?

edit: seems registration is not working? @calisk

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  18. calisk

Hmmm....

I think you can use what ever name you want just put your character name and info and portrait in your profile.

Since your characters can die if we did it the other way you'd need to make a new account every time you died

Pox names would be good since it'll be easy to tell who is who but it's up to you

19. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

tried to register and clicking on the button gave no response >_>

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Same thing happened to me.