(NEW) Next Patch Feedback Suggestions

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Nov 20, 2014.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

*BIG EDIT*

In order to avoid miscommunication I am taking the prior listed things down in order to let Ronin settle (and also because some of ronin did address some things).

Will probably let this thread die and open up themed threads instead for each.

Still looking at pushing a new bonus though.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  2. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just a quick reminder elsari coven is still bugged. I'll insist on this one every other day until it gets fixed. :p

SireofSuns likes this.
  3. yobanchi

Roger Roger Shimaru

4. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Are we going to adress themes or just some specific runes? or both?

5. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Will we get a faction bonus that is actually not complete crap compared to other faction bonuses?I am sure there have been a lot of ideas in the past for it,and right now,i dont think i would feel the difference between playing with or without faction bonus,save for a small number of runes(skeleton berserker,death guard and affilicted corpse).The fast pace of this game and a 30 runes simply make the bonus obsolete.

As far as themes go i think that zombie/spirit/worm/witch themes have some structure and synergy in place but just need to get more efficent/viable champions.Skeleton and liches are really horrible right now,as they lack efficent champions and any sort of internal ability or synergy(aside from the shitty and uncreative surge and few minor abilities),not to mention that there playstyle of slow buildup is the worst possible strategy in the current fast paced efficent game style.

And last and least important: elsari reaper is overbloated(he could have less def,range and both his upgrade paths are expensive and useless) and soulstrike is a little bit expensive at 22 nora.

6. yobanchi

I'd like to address the major faction bonus and then a few rune sprinkles for stuff that is terribad o simply doesn't work.

I think the FW themes that probably needs the most help now is Liches and data benefit.

D4rkSteel likes this.
  7. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Phantasmal creeper got curse which can deal extra damage if the target is already cursed but there no other worms with curse and he cant even trigger it on his own with curse 2 because he got ethereal.

Joker likes this.
  8. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

As with the previous patch, I'd like to request that one slot be reserved for a high-value Worm change. I see Putrid Creeper being the most likely candidate, but this could change depending on what you wish to focus the other patch changes on.

9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

faction/font bonuses should be adjusted for all factions at the same time in order to keep them balanced. wonder if the pdc is tight enough to come up with a comprehensive proposal for gedden.

SaintKiwi and TeaScholar like this.
  10. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Buff liches?

D4rkSteel likes this.
  11. yobanchi

@Entrepidus what are your ideas for the Putrid Creeper and reasonings for the change?

12. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Make Defiler Knight viable somehow! He's utter trash

13. cruwhybrid

cruwhybrid The King of Potatoes

Make UT give us nora off of all champs again so I can benefit from slowly sapping the life from my librarian and dusk creeper

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If this change goes through, the nora should drop to 1 per champ. Otherwise, Necro-Moga rise. Or some rough equivalent with another faction. Seeing as it currently benefits from summons, UD and ST splits would get stupid good.

15. XFurionsX

Leave UT as it is.

Nite2kill and TeaScholar like this.
  16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Agreed. It is not an outlier right now, there are many runes in greater need of change.

17. XFurionsX

I agreed to nerf the domi chasm by making the champion levitate for 2 turns, but is that is the case, please, all sort of domination/knockback sheananigans like slavers whip, gale force etc should do the same, no one is going to run domi after this nerf.

18. Entrepidus

This is what I'd currently like to see, but this may change after I finish another batch of playtesting:

Putrid Creeper - [8 DMG | 6 SPD | 1 RNG | 2 DEF | 54 HP] - Race: Arthropod Worm
    Path 1 = Assimilate | Life Siphon | Subsume
    Path 2 = Defiant | Hex 3 | Tough 2
    Base = Attack: Acid | Necrosis | Sunder | Worm Lord
    (Default upgrades = Assimilate + Tough 2)

These changes are straight-forward: a path for healing and a path for damage mitigation. Sunder on base makes him immediately more useful in-theme and Hex 3 (in the mitigation path) provides the possibility of ranged damage.

As a side note, a larger goal is to remove BOTU and Race: Undead (where appropriate) from Worms while transitioning to Race: Arthropod Worm. It doesn't have to happen all at once, but if we start tweaking 1-2 Worms at a time, it would be awesome if we could begin this transition.

19. XFurionsX

Path 1 seems rather useless, we get assimilate from the dusk creeper hes the official collector of globes in all FW, life siphon on a unit that hits 8 max 9 to heal 4-5 (assuming the enemy champ has 0 def.) seems dull, subsume seems ok, i would like to use it with tough2 and hex 3.
    Losing the BOTU seems ok to me, if the price goes down.

Nite2kill likes this.
  20. Entrepidus

My long-term goal is to remove the nora monkey kit from Dusk Creeper as it never should have gained it in the first place. See the OP of my Creeper's thread to get a better understanding of my big picture ideas. As for Life Siphon, Sunder on base increases its effectiveness over time against a single target while Shred Defense in-theme makes it easier to utilize his low DMG. Life Siphon is also there to connect with Vampyres as an FW/UD split would see him at 10 DMG with greater healing while Elder Bloodbinder is out.