(NEW) Next Patch Feedback Suggestions

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Nov 20, 2014.

1. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Lich's Servitor is like a support for Serkan. He turns into a lich himself when he dies. He's pretty good atm though!

2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

He has surge lich on base which is a 5 nora sandbag unless you are playing him in lich bg,and his upgrades seem somehow random and out of place.That being said,he does seem like a good champion because of aspiring servant.

3. D4rkSteel

True, even though he is good. His abilities seem a little out of place. Could use some change, remove surge lich indeed
    Worship lich is going to be a little bit of a weird ability too since we´re goin in the direction to keep only 1 or 2 liches in 1 BG. Global heal for 1 or 2 champs at the cost of his own health? no thanks..

4. D4rkSteel

But please can we discuss Defiler knight too? Would like to see some change on him in the next patch

5. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

A lot of legendary runes need love, but we got to adress the heroes and the faction bonus first, this is far mor important then a simple champ.

Netherzen likes this.
  6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What do people think is wrong with the faction bonus? What do they want they want changed about it? There's been some talk about it needing a change, but could someone who has been saying that provide some specifics as to why and how?

7. Netherzen

I think fw could use a different bonus because faction bonuses arent factored in the champion cost,and fw bonus is the only situational bonus that doesnt provide some raw resource like stats/resistance/nora.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Which makes sense as a motivation, agreement or no. What kind of new bonus would you have in mind?

9. D4rkSteel

I actually win a lot of games because my enemy tends to run out of champs because they are all dead eventually... FW on the other hand never runs out of champs. I never really thought that the FW bonus was that bad, but I can never say no to a buff for my favorite faction

10. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

@D4rkSteel i think that lich servitor needs surge for LS i said it before in the other
    also i ike Surge: lich to be liches main theme

11. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

@D4rkSteel Putting in a suggestion to change Cast to Spellsurge instead. Cast abilities got a HUGE cost increase with the revamp turning the majority of them into overcost monstrosities. The spellsurge change alone will gut 26 nora off of him which should make him pretty decent for what he brings and provide interesting bg building.

Also I'm a little suspicious of your claim that your enemies run out of champions to deploy in your game. I can honestly say that since the change to 30 rune docks I have never played a match where the opponent has effectively run out of champions to deploy.

I've run into situations where I've killed so many of their champs that they can only deploy 1 champ every other turn but that is due to their lack of enough nora not lack of enough champions not on cool down. A typical bg will have at least 15 champs so literally they have enough runes to deploy one each round and by the time round 15 comes around the 1st rune will be coming off cool down.

@kalasle The FW bonus was beneficial in the 20 rune dock days as people ran the real risk of literally running out of champions to deploy. With 10 rune slots devoted to champions losing a champion was a big deal. FW could essentially attrition the enemy by throwing multiple champs at them to take out waiting for a golden window when the enemy had most if not all his champs on cool down giving FW enough board presence to push and solidify a position to win through nora/font secure.

With the increase to 30 rune docks you basically increased the available champion pools by 50% all but nullifying this main interaction with the bonus. Now your restriction was nora based instead of rune based. You can simply run the rune x2 (essentially 50% cool down) and never run out of champ runes to deploy.

This left the neutered bonus with one main interaction being that extremely cheap nora champs could come back marginally faster then normal. So units like Death Guard went from a 4/5 turn to more like a 2 turn so you could essentially run one of those champs and treat it like a x2 for spamming its ability. Unfotunately only 25% of the faction champions could be considered to use the bonus effectively but are not necessarily designed the most efficiently to use said bonus... examples being perhaps Carrionling, Death Guard, Bile zombie, and Afflicted corpse being the main benefactors (4 runes out of the entire faction).

Essentially it boils down to this. the cool down bonus is pretty much irrelevant to the vast majority of matches which last roughly 15 rounds or under 30min. It gives you the option to play the same champion again instead of having to play another champion instead (since as discussed you can simply run 2x of the champion to get the same effect). The limitation is more nora available then not having any champs to deploy.

This then goes to say that in theory the FW bonus would allow you to essentially run less champs. However, there is a very large problem considering this. If you dip down below the 15 this opens you up to excessive "champ screw" which is very similar and just as devastating as "mana screw" is in MTG. Essentially you don't have any viable champs in the first 2 rounds to secure your fonts. So basically the bonus could allow less champs but people don't do that due to the Random Factor of not having viable early game options.

TL:DR the FW cool down Bonus only effects a handful (4 or so) champions or in games that go excessively longer then 15 rounds which is a large minority of games. It basically is irrelevant.

It being so bad has also lead the way for people to justify it being so bad by pointing at things like the Font bonus and Boon of The Undead and saying that those are the real bonuses (even though they can be used in split faction just fine and you have to actually Pay for the ability for boon, essentially saying that a mini nora discount on an ability in faction equates to the lionshare of the bonus ala arctic or construct immunities).

I'm proposing the change +4 rune reveals and moving the cool down bonus to be Boon of the Undead specific (removing the poison/fear portion). This effectively allows people to run less champs and avoid champ screw. While it still isn't a direct nora or stat based bonus like other bonuses that help with combat it effectively gives FW strategy and statistical options. FW will be more consistent allowing more flexible bg building options and x1 ofs.

Netherzen likes this.
  12. D4rkSteel

I didn't litterally mean "out of chanps" more as, his strong champs or champs that counter mine, are dead. I will be safe for a while. And when he has that specific champ back, it will be too late to make a comeback.
    I'm trying to think of a different faction bonus other than extra rune reveal, it would really give them an advantage early game. But it's not very exciting. I would prefer to see something related to undead.. Maybe when you kill an opposing champion you gain 6% of his nora cost with FF FW and 3% with split. (I don't know if 6%/3% is too much or not enough, I'm just throwing the idea out there. Would be flavorful with undead. Let me know what you guys think.

Talking about Defiler knight removing his cast ability, would be nice if he were alot cheaper but I think he needs something unique too. I posted this a while back:
    "Also, for Defiler Knight, give him defiling aura and defile corpse at base... Since his name is Defiler Knight. All other leg from this expansion have quest: kill enemy at base, why doesnt he have this too
    Make him more tankier and lower his cost.. Maybe add something that has synergy with spirits, because the spirit theme could use a tank. Charge would be cool too since he's a rider"
    But I have no idea in what cost range he would turn into, but I would really think he would fit in the spirits theme since he is riding a ghost wolf.. Something like Phase Shift might be enough already

13. Netherzen

Thanks for the amazing,thought out,intelligent explanation of what i was trying to say for some time,both here and in general forum.This is far better then any argument i managed to create.I am really happy someone else sees a problem with the bonus.

I can kill enemy strong champions or champs that counter mine with any faction and it will be to late to make a comeback.Any faction can do that,fw bonus has nothing to do with this.

14. D4rkSteel

FW champs come back earlier. But I agree, our bonus may be a little bit weaker than others. What do you think about my idea for the new faction bonus?

15. Netherzen

Our champions dont come back earlier on there own,we have to pay for it,and with the fast pace of game and 30 runes bg only couple of champions benefit from that properly.Yobanchi explained very well this in his post,i suggest you slowly reread it.
    Its not a bad idea for a bonus but its just that i think that faction bonus should not depend on enemy but on your own deploys,like other faction bonuses.

TeaScholar likes this.
  16. D4rkSteel

I read it and I agree, but what do you suggest? Do you like the idea of extra rune reveals?

17. D4rkSteel

Maybe instead of getting 6% of enemy nora cost, would 6% of own champs that die be better? Every champ of FW gets their own little soulsift

Netherzen likes this.
  18. Netherzen

I dont like extra rune reveals,but it would provide a better bonus then what we have now.I dont really have a solid idea on what the bonus should be,there have been huge threads about the bonus change in the past,someone could necro it.

I love the idea,but it would need to be 4/2 % because everyone who doesnt play fw will complain as soon as we get a better bonus.

19. D4rkSteel

I don't know about the percentage but I thought it would be a cool idea because of the death benefit that I would like to see in FW

20. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

this is getting too close to the sp bonus can we do something else?