(NEW) Next Patch Feedback Suggestions

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Nov 20, 2014.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Agree...Let's flush the bonus out.

I have mainly been suggesting with the +4 rune reveals due to the Faction Bonus thread discussion previously discussed which went hugely in depth numbers wise showing how it is both a powerful/simple bonus and works with the cool down on Undead.

Anyway let's flush out a ideas.

2. yobanchi

General Korsien 1st:
    89 nora
    Path 1: charge 1/2/3
    Path 2: Resistance 1/2/3
    DMG 10 / SPD 6 / RNG 1 / DEF 1 / HP 45
    Bloodless, Boon, Attack Physical, Dark Rider, Easy Target

General Korsien 2nd Form:
    51 nora
    11 dmg / 6spd / 1 rng / 1 def / 47 hp
    Boon of the undead, Resistance physical 2, Resistance Magical 2, bloodless

Current forms...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  3. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

If Korsien/Sarinda becomes a hero... will they become an Exo like all other heroes?

I may just be a bad player, but I can't see how the Black Ops change is playable. How is one trigger of Confuse Attacker worth 20 nora?

4. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Maybe we can add the xulos statue to the conversation now that we are tweaking xulos, that xulos statue is pratically useless, maybe give xulos immortality, or the statue is destroyed if xulos is destroyed, something like reanimation, just trowing ideas there.

TeaScholar likes this.
  5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Honestly, the statue is a pretty awkward rune. Finding the nice line where Xulos is in a viable place both with and without is tricky.

6. yobanchi

General Korsien revamp ideation attempt?

1st form
    Race: Human Undead
    Class: Warrior
    Path 1: , Impassioned (3 nora), Overkill (1 nora), Shrine Linked (1 nora)
    Path 2: SoulSift 1 (5 nora), Nora Barrier (10 nora), Equalize (5nora)
    Boon of the Undead, Dark Rider (50nora), Pariah (-5 nora), Hero (-10 nora), Font Defender (12), Font Ignorance (-8)
    Nora (93 nora - 99 nora)

2nd form
    Race: Human
    Class: Warrior
    Hero, Pariah, Font Defender, Font Ignorance

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What's the governing idea behind the redesign? How would you expect him to function? Looks like a cool rune, but I am not quite seeing it.

chickenpox2 likes this.
  8. yobanchi

Basically he becomes a pretty awesome defense mechanism to discourage rush. Secure your closest enemy font and plop him down to hold it.
    Font Ignorance means that he can't be abused offensively unless he's with at least one other champion.
    Path 1 basically helps keep his nora efficiency high.
    It's unique for the faction but admit that it's a rough initial attempt.

Ideas?

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ah, ok, I can see where you are going with it - working on a hero that plays to the defensive mentality.

Here is my rough draft take on Korsien. I think providing Desecrated Zone and making him part Witch gives him a potential place in witches, while keeping him thematically consistent with his current form. This retake intends to make the first form more focused on using his horse, and the second form the more durable of the two, while also more basic. I wish there was a way to make upgrades transfer across lives; he could be a more interesting champ. Not necessarily happy with this version, but it is more how I see the champ. (I don't know if we have enough debuffs to make use of Death Sentence - it also doesn't have a nora cost supplied - and I considered giving that slot to Warcry, but left it like this. In the event of adding Warcry, I would probably change Desecrated Zone to rank 5 from rank 3 to make the auras prettier.)

Korsien 1
    95 Nora
    Human, Undead
    Paladin, Witch

11/7/1/50

Attack Phys
    Boon
    Dark Rider (50)
    Phantom Dash (8)
    Death Sentence (??) {/ Warcry 3 (15)}
    Hero (-10)

U1
    Desecrated Zone 3 (4)[d], Frightful Aura 2 (3), Defiling Aura (4)
    U2
    Defiant (8), Bulwark: Undead (3), Pawn (6)[d]

Korsien 2
    Human, Undead
    Paladin, Witch

10/6/1/45
    Attack Elec
    Boon
    Resist Phys 2
    Resist Mag 2
    Chain Lightning
    Hero

10. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Me liky liky phantom dash and bulwark undead, i always thought we could add heavy charger in him, that would really make people to think twice before getting nearby him.

TeaScholar likes this.
  11. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

I, too, vouch for giving korsien heavy charger back like he used to have...

I also find it non-flavorful to just make a korsien a WITCH all of the sudden.
    I mean, Korsien is one of my favorite runes simply because he was lore-wise, the lone living survivor of the war with Valdac. He's a warrior.

12. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Rather then making him a witch,how about putting a guarded:witch or guarded:human on one of the upgrade paths.I mean he is the general so it would kinda fit the lore.

13. TeaScholar

Now, this makes perfect sense. Vigilance is also a thought.

14. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Give Korsien class Knight, or paladin. That would suit better imo

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Guarded would definitely work - great suggestion. I guess I just picture Witches as something not wholly married to the "fragile human with nasty magics" image of things. See: Witch King of Angmar. Obsidian Venger would make a cool Witch in my eyes, and I think the undead Paladins are perfect candidates to become part Witch, even if there are only 2 or 3 of them. That said, I could see Korsien being a pure Knight or something, but his Lightning Whip and Chain Lightning have always given me a semi-magical impression.

I was actually thinking about putting Vigilance on him - it also works well with hordes of undead for lots of triggers - but the ability is such a messy, ugly, cluster**** of text... It should be modified and rewritten just to make it cleaner.

Vigilance
    "This unit gets +1 damage and a rank of Tough for each engaged friendly champion within 4 spaces, including itself. If any of the engaged champions share a race with this champion, this champion also gains +1 speed."

Honestly, that is the exact same effect, but is segregates a bunch of silly timing triggers to make everything readable at a glance. Maybe if that was the version of Vigilance out there, it would make more sense to put it on more champions. As it is, the current text is 2-3 times as long and an utter mess.

I think the 10/6/1/45/ Resists 2/2, Chain, Hero makes for a solid dismount version (pretty much what it is now) everyone's thoughts?

Korsien 1
    92 Nora
    Human, Undead
    Paladin, Witch

11/7/1/50

Attack Phys
    Boon
    Dark Rider (50)
    Phantom Dash (8)
    Warcry 3 (15)
    Hero (-10)

U1
    Desecrated Zone 3 (4), Frightful Aura 3 (4), Defiling Aura (4)[d]
    U2
    Guarded: Human (10), Bulwark: Undead (3), Pawn (6)[d]

Still not especially thrilled with this version, but it does provide some pretty clear upgrade paths that are still mixable in other cases. Warcry 3 might be too strong, but the consistency of AoE3 effects is too much for me to pass up - all his U1 upgrades provide an AoE 3 aura which perfectly overlaps with the Warcry zone. Alas, Guarded is 5 spaces. DZ 3 and Guarded are a solid Witch path, providing a self-centered debuff aura and making him much more dangerous to attack, where as Frightful and Bulwark make him much harder to take down in the raw, while buffing his nearby undead minions in more ways. The last 3 are default upgrades that work in a variety of situations. Thus he is from 89-96 nora, a range of 7. Class Witch could be removed if people are especially averse to it.

Edit: I would also like to mention how cool and thematic I think Phantom Dash + Warcry is - even if it may be WAY too strong.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    XFurionsX, Netherzen and TeaScholar like this.
  16. D4rkSteel

I actually don't like any of the abilties that are on patch 1 or 2. But someone did mention Bulwark: Undead. Which would be awesome in my opinion. The font defender is also so incredibly useful, it would be the first champ of FW that has font defender. And like I said before, we need a tank hero so these abilities would be amazing. Don't make him a hero for witches, he doesn't look like a witch to me at all. Also Commander: Undead would fit nicely. And since he's on a horse, charge would be fitting.
    About his second form, the animation ingame of his whip is pretty big, he needs at least 2 range (2-3?) otherwise it looks weird
    Naamloos.png

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    TeaScholar likes this.
  17. TeaScholar

If he had font defender, that would be swell, as well. So long as it isn't bugged or something, y'know, causing font ignorance to cancel font defender by accident or something.

18. D4rkSteel

ss (2014-11-29 at 04.41.53).jpg Korsien is a Knight.

19. D4rkSteel

Bugged? Poxnora doesn't have any bugs!

TeaScholar and XFurionsX like this.
  20. D4rkSteel

As I said before, when Korsien dies in his first form, he goes on cooldown and you are able to re-deploy him even when he's still alive in his first form. Needs a fix