New online competetive turn-based tactical customizable strategy game!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by newsbuff, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I had a brutal game against someone who deployed 2 Gateways very early, 1 of which gave Dervishes +1/+1. Then he deployed a guy who buffs dervishes so they don't disappear.

RIP Sok

Kampel likes this.
  2. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Yeah. Though there isn't one Obelysk that gives +1/+1. There are two separate ones that give +1/0 and 0/+1. If they get those out AND the Dune Walker...yeah, it can go downhill fast.

3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

It's a fantastic game and I highly recommend anyone try it out who hasn't already.

Kampel likes this.
  4. Sokolov

It's pretty fun, but I have won once in about 20 games now, so that part isn't so fun to get stomped almost every game. Many games I will never even get to attack the enemy general.

Also, 7 games in a row against Abyssal :D

Make that 8!

So it was 8 games in a row against Abysssal.

Switch to Songhai for 3 games and get 3 Songhai opponents in a row.

Switch back to Abyssal and... face Abyssal again.

LOL.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

How do I get in on this. Seems really fun.

EDIT: Applied on their forums. Here's to hoping.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  6. junithorn

junithorn I need me some PIE!

So after discussing this with you in game (in duelyst), it seems like artifact durablitiy is only consumed when the general that has it is damaged, using them doesnt consume charges.

7. junithorn

junithorn I need me some PIE!

Oh, didnt see page 2. You figured it out haha. You can get a key pretty easily, post on the Duelyst forum. The game is fantastic.

8. Sokolov

Got a Sarlac and doing much better now, lol

Also, Dispel, as you said, @tangmcgame, is amazing. Duelyst.Dispel = Pox.Dispel + Pox.FadingRecollection basically.

9. tangmcgame

Yup. It's handy to be familiar with Hearthstone abilities and then know the translations. Dispel = Silence in Hearthstone, for instance. Or, as you pointed out, Fading Rec + Dispel from Pox. It's usually good, though against some factions it's amazing. Vet and Lyonar both get hit pretty hard by dispel.

EDIT: Why am I a Devotee of the Blood Owl?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  10. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

I posted on the Duelyst forums last week. No response.
    Signed up for the Beta on the website last week. No response.

:(

11. tangmcgame

They might not be handing out codes on the forum any more. I see a lot of streamers are often handing out keys and there's not a ton of people clamoring for them. It should be pretty easy to check Twitch from time to time and ask for a key. Wish I could help you out more. Beta invites aren't out because the beta hasn't started yet. They're still in pre-Alpha. Not that there's any difference between the two these days.

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Trophy Points.

13. SkeletonKing

I got an invite.
    I've been surprised how fun it is.

I got a crap ton of Abyssal from my packs, so decided to start with trying them.
    I played 2 games as Abyssal, and fought Abyssal both times. First time was close, but I lost.
    Second time was lolz. He had what was pretty darn close to an infinite combo going with the Wraithlings. Basically surrounded me with them, then put out a champ that put out a Wraithling every time a Wraithling died.

3rd Game I switched to Vetruvians, even though I didn't get many from the packs. The general just looks badass.
    That game saw me stomp my opponent pretty well.

10/10 will play again

(My name on there is Nexus by the way)

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'm darklord48 on there too

15. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I am doubtofbuddha there too! :)

16. SkeletonKing

So, I've been rocking people with Vetruvian. My longest winning streak with them so far is 3. Love them so much. :oops:
    The only thing that consistently shuts me down is the Wraithling spam. Wraithings + Death Benefit (on cheap characters to boot) is OP as firk. :eek:

I also tried Magmar, but either I don't get them, or I don't have the right peices, or something. I was only able to get 1 win with them out of a half dozen games. o_O

(Also: darklord48 not found)

17. Sokolov

I think generally speaking, magmar is considered pretty weak, while general consensus is Abyssal is OP.

I enjoy Vetruvian also.

18. SkeletonKing

lolz, I get disconnected. Lose the game. Winning streak destroyed.
    <3 Alphas.
    But seriously, this game is great. As soon as they start accepting money, I plan to give them some.

19. Sokolov

My main concern is longevity. I know it'll be fun while it lasts, but I am not sure it'll keep people's interest long term. It all depends on how their content rolls out.

The other concern is that they were not going to be F2P initially, and apparently the change means a lot of their Kickstarter people are requesting refunds or otherwise being very upset:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/keithlee/duelyst/comments

20. tangmcgame

Magmar is basically Mankator Warbeasts and Adamantite Claws and then stuff. There's actually a pretty strong Magmar control deck. They've got some strong removal spells and creature-based removal, but I'm not sure how well it stacks up against "real" decks. Songhai burn is a touch too good right now. Lyonar burst is pretty Firking stupid. Vetruvian has the stupidest spell in the game that needs to be removed and another OP minion that needs a nerf. Abyssian...well, some people think it's too good but it seems fine to me. Maybe I'm not seeing the really good stuff, though.

I fully expect a Hearthstone business model for this game and, as someone who never saw the Kickstarter, I couldn't be more pleased about their decision. I know there are quite a few players who have requested refunds, but I've gotten the impression that loads of backers are still on board whether grudgingly or no.