New player mods

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Oct 5, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

OT was fun while it lasted boys

2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I stopped having fun when someone reported my reply to that Firk who said I watched MLP

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Wait, there's player mods now? Who?

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

RAID OFFICER IMAGIRL is one, not sure if there are more right now. But when you open the pack of cookies and eat one..

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Oh, for Firk's sake...

XFurionsX, PurpleTop and Nebron like this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I remember when chumps like hashinshin and moles1909 were mods.

Best.

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Player mods have never been a good idea.

But whatever, not my game or something like that.

PurpleTop likes this.
  8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But what if it was me though?

Think about it

9. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Only two other moderators I am aware of is Raid Girl and GabrielQ.

I apologize for my lack of presence as of late, I have been working. With that said, however, the forums could do with a bit more watching.

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

To be honest, KTC, you're the only player mod that I'm OK with.

But I seriously feel like the idea of player mods is just bad.

11. KTCAOP

When I first started off as a moderator on other forums, there were some difficulties. If there is feedback about the moderators that you feel an action was unjust, you are more than welcome to let me know and/or contact Senshu directly if one of us is acting inappropriately. I was called out a lot in the beginning, but yeah. I haven't been able to be around the past month since I started a new job and I agree that more activity, especially on the weekends, could be healthy for these boards =).

12. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Mods are all chumps, I won't let the man tell me what to do. 'MURICA4EVR

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Wow anarchy, reported.

14. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

soulfear.

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I really just wish they wouldn't add people on my ignore list as mods...

16. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

So GabrielQ is a player mod and on the player council? Well this is going to make lynching hella easier. For real though, only person that seems like a reasonable mod choice is KTC, everyone else is so biased in some way or another. If Burn was a mod he would mute everyone that said SL had enough magic damage, so actually, lets make Burn mod for the shits and giggles!

Emries and SPiEkY like this.
  17. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

just a sidenote though- while i do think that ktc is likely a good/the best mod choice, there'd probably be a lot more moderation than some of you guys riding the ktc wagon are comfortable with

there is no winning solution

BurnPyro likes this.
  18. xMordliss

xMordliss The King of Potatoes

Player moderation is like utilizing citizens to police society. Without proper background check, training, and liability for actions, the citizen uses their moral outlook to moderate and police, while they are unaware of any standard of law or practice, nor do they have any real disciplinary action to fear for their decisions, other then losing moderation/policing privileges.

Let Police, Police Society. Let DOG Employees, Police DOG Society...

DOG Needs to Hire Community Managers and have them police and moderate the forums just like every other game organization.

19. KTCAOP

There are many, many, many game organizations that utilize player volunteers, player moderators, and some volunteers have near game master status in some places where I have been involved. There does exist the terms of service and our actions can be subjected to the review of the Greenies. I feel as though if I were to perform a negative action, the consequences not only from the greenies, but also the community, would be significantly higher then that of another player.

I mean, as a somewhat relevant example, SOE hired some people to moderate the forums and there was backlash, when a new CM came into the community, there was backlash. Change of any sort comes with some readjusting. I honestly don't have sufficient evidence to see that the addition of two new moderators would lead to the death of this community and the XenForo software comes with some decent moderator and admin over moderator tools.

Dagda likes this.
  20. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Well it would be nice if they would tell us why they are closing a thread instead of simply locking/deleting it, speaking of which im pretty sure they closed 4 in the space of 24 hours.