new player, some doubts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by madpitbull, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Welcome to the game! Glad you are enjoying it!

madpitbull likes this.
  2. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Heores V and VI need to change their names, an disrespect to the franchise (4 is my favorite).

Welcome to the game, glad you like it, it's always good to see some new folks arround enjoying this crazy thing. Pox Academy is an great guild for Starters, really recommend it for you. If need anything, just tell me, I will be glad to help you with runes, or whatever you want.
    See ya

madpitbull and mortal ix like this.
  3. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

homm 4 was good. but that was when the heroes can be moved on battlefield, and u can bring more the one...dont gwt me wrong it was overall good game..but the hero slots knocked oit the need for the lowered tiered monsters and so it became a heroes and angels/ devil fest.. I tried 5 with 3d and rotating map and all...was never the same...

yea pox is hugely accessible now to all bankrolls...much better for all..

ifem21. get those files and let's make some characters...dibs on devils!!!!:)

Anima26 and madpitbull like this.
  4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

homm 2 got me hooked. Loved the sphinx riddles, The hex grid, creating custom scenarios, resource system, and the spells. Homm3 was the pinnacle of the series for me. The combo artifacts were so op Armor of the damned and Titans thunder were my favorites. Funny I still play Homm2, and 3 regularly. Homm4 had such a different combat system, but the spell effects and some of the other aspects of the game were fun. The idea of my hero fighting on the field and leveling in homm4 added more depth to the game as opposed to being a stationary force with passive influence on battles as in the previous heroes of might and magic games

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

It warms my heart to see pox players talking about tbs games in the general forum rather than mtg for once.

6. Ifem21

I love the IV due to putting the hero into the battle. Also, I always liked to have only 1 hero in my army.

Let's do this man :D

Anima26, bambino and madpitbull like this.
  7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

How about we take about a game that is good, like Age of Wonders, instead of one that is basically a waste of time, like HoMM.

I am Boozha, I am usually inflammatory.

Ifem21, madpitbull and Makorov like this.
  8. madpitbull

madpitbull New Member

ahah that's a good one... agree 100% ;) and VII even more so i've heard... :(

III and IV were my all time favourites! In III you had a lot of diversity in everything, creatures, spells, artifacts, tons and tons of diversity! In IV I think they tried to aproach the game more to the "real" side in terms of combat and progression... Heroes and creatures were independent and you could create an army of just creatures or just heroes, but that's a feature that produced mixed feelings among players but the way they made the class system in IV in my opinion was awesome. Your hero class was determined by your dominant 2 primary skills. for instance if you had tactics and combat you would be a General, if you had tactics and light magic you would be a Crusader... It's kinda like reality a bit... You are what you learn or what you were born with...

9. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Firk PA
    Firk the Guild of Losers
    Firk the Alliance of Pansies
    Firk the Band of Colossal Boa Suckers

Watchmen 4 lyfe dawg ✌️

chris0024 and Anima26 like this.
  10. madpitbull

madpitbull New Member

What the hell is AoW? lol joking ;) wonderfull game aswell. It's like HoMM meets Civilization. eheh In terms of TBS games I practically chewed them all... How about Endless Legend?

11. madpitbull

madpitbull New Member

I have one more question. If I finish campaigns in hard or legendary mode do I get better cards or at least better chances? Because I finished 2 in normal and it gave me 2 rare and then 2 in hard and gave me 2 uncommon... :S And it took me a little longer to finish hard... I supose it will be even longer in legendary...

12. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

You get more gold, I don't think better cards. But not quite sure there, haven't done enough singleplayer lately to confirm or deny

madpitbull likes this.
  13. Ifem21

AoW is amazing. For me, is better then Heroes. AoW Shadow Magic is the best of the franchise, we need an remake for it.

14. madpitbull

madpitbull New Member

Thanks bro

15. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I lol'd.

16. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

You don't get better runes. Gold per leg campaign: 300 unless you take only a very short amount of time. (often bonus of 25 or so gold for some obscure goal)

if you want runes by playing, I'd suggest skirmishes. Some campaigns fe crazed beasts, act 1, at normal give high nora per turn, you might spam some champs here, use an ability and then surrender for quick xp. (if you idle/pauze for an hour or so, you get max xp)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    madpitbull likes this.
  17. madpitbull

madpitbull New Member

hmmm... interesting... If that's the case I believe the drop change should be higher in hard and legendary than in normal. because just 100 or 200 gold isn't worth the trouble if you're gonna spend 1h+ finishing that... I finish normal in less than 30 mins but not hard or legendary... just a thought...

18. Ifem21

LEG is more about challenging yourself, and see if you can make it. It's more like a proof to yourself. Except for the Nefari Ressurection campaing, wich awards you with an LIM rune.

madpitbull and Burcho like this.
  19. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

campaigns are a time sink and do nothing to prepare you for pvp. Skirmishes do a slightly better job and are a faster way to get gold and cards.

madpitbull likes this.
  20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

One thing we want to do is have specific runes for the campaigns that you have a chance of getting. But as people know, there is a known issue with the LE on Nefari Ressurection with rewarding said runes, so we have delayed the rollout til that's cleared up.