New players can't chat without a guild

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rapidice, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

A pair of my friends have just joined Pox, and they don't have yet a guild.
    Imagine my surprise, when I send a /whisper one of them, and he tells me (via Skype) he doesn't receive anything. It seems that without a Guild chat tab you can't read any message.
    After all the effort into bringing new players into the game, you have failed at giving them a way to communicate. Of course, they still have The Bazaar and Launchpad/Battleground lobbys, but it doesn't solve the problem. Imagine the amount of people that couldn't read any whisper another player could have send, willing to help.

claydude5 and soulmilk like this.
  2. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

That sounds like a top priority fix

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Just let PMs show up in bazaar, problem solved.

JellyBerry, hfok and Dhamun like this.
  4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

iirc the way it works/ed is that they can read the messages just fine, but they maintain no record of them. so if you're in a lobby and someone sends you a message as you're leaving it, you won't really see the message. if you have guildchat, it will pop up there.

the bazaar seems like it could easily be retooled to allow a persistent chatlog for players

5. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Wow this is actually a big deal, I thought it was annoying enough that in the bazaar you can't see pm's without tabbing around considering that's how bazaar transactions work or would if people used it.

- This is a HUGE priority imo, chat and the forums are the ONLY reason this "game" still exists imo. At its best it was a fun balanced strategy game with deep interactions but in life support its a glorified social media app ... And if we're not currently at the best stage, the worst aspect better at least function to keep people around to see it at its best again.

JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Especially since the Bazaar is a frequent cause of messages. It is counter intuitive to mention you have something available for trade and have to go to a different tab to see if anyone sent you a message inquiring about your rune(s).

7. Dhamun

Dhamun Member

Dunno, i whisper frequently with some noclan-dudes. However, they play this game longer then a year (if this could be the reason)

8. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

onlySeenInPoxnora(true);

9. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

That's the sole reason I joined a guild when I think about it...

Errr I mean... Pox Academy is great, join away! (in order to pm other people who are not in the guild)

Jokes I love them all and stuff.

Not.

10. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

You should join DOOM. Trust me.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The forums have a "Like" feature, why not a "Pillory the Heretic" feature?

JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  12. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Welp, that got dark really quick.

SorryIloveyoudon'tpunishmepls.

I don't think you're ready for this Jelly.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  13. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

lush searching for his next victim...

14. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

You may want to ask them what chat tab they are looking at. If they are looking at Bazaar chat no PMs will be shown. PMs only appear in the Lobby chat or in guild chat. If they continue to have this problem tell them to contact customer support and we will look into this further.

15. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

When you do single player mode you cannot receive messages unless you have a guild tab. Only the Combat Log and Bazaar show as far as I remember.

Also the guild tab is the only one that does not refresh every time you get in a match and so on so it's a tad hard to communicate unless you're in a guild.

(not a bug just non existent)

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Ah, the OP didn't specify that they were sending PMs to someone while in a single player match. If that is the case it has always been like that, but that doesn't mean it will always be like that.

17. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

He is taking your spot btw.

18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

No, it wasn't always like that. In the past, you had a chat tab in Single Player, I know because I used to taunt the AI with it.

JellyBerry likes this.
  19. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Honestly if a new tab was made, outside of bazaar tab, that was a World chat tab it could be used to hold them PMs. Why another tab? Because this game is boring most of the time since there are almost never any contests. DoW takes months and I have no idea what you even get from that. Put in an automated system that awards prizes for certain acts every hour/few hours and have it pop up messages about who is in the lead or current winners in this World chat tab. This system would pay for itself in no time. I can say if I get on now and there are like 50 players on, I generally just jump right back off. If I had a chance to win something and there were like 50 players on, I would stick around and try, and so would many others. Then suddenly this game may have more then 50-100 people on at any given time.

/end rant and back to final papers......

20. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I am sure this will be solved along with balance,trading system and other stuff.Until then we get an a new expansion an afterwards a patch that will nerf half the stuff from expansion when we are done buying it.