New Runes - Discussion

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by RedScarlet, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I'm excited about turning Cyclops into Mechlops and see a lot of potential there (i.e. building warmachines that other Cyclops can use, building out a constructs theme within SP, developing synergy between the smiths and SP's great relics/equips, etc.). But it will need more runes in the future. As is, it's really for splits.

2. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

ive been playing constructs for a long time and I have to say I love this expansions structs love. I just wish they were all actual split runes with IS lol. the artificer especially when split with IS gens a ton of nora. cuz basically every time a tinker summons a crab which is about every third turn once recharge starts going is 3 nora. every time it throws a rusty case that's 3 nora. get 2 of each on the field and you gen 6 nora per summon and are putting out roughly 6 summons in 4-5 turns depending on positioning. the warsmith however is just bland. he is a boring slow booster that blocks but he shouldn't ever make it to the front lines. block definitely needs to be swapped out with a better ability line. perhaps something like grant: fire aura to base and mason 1-3 in upgrade chain 1. this would make him different from every other tinker with something unique in his type of aura granted. and the warcart is just a beast once he gets going. the only downside to the cyclopean machine ability is that it is granting tough which the unit already has access to from build em tough from the warsmith. it seems more in line with the more offensive nature of the SP version of structs that the bonus should grant roughly +2 damage +1 speed and mobility instead. anyway just my 2 cents.

3. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Well theres alrdt IS SP metallic slag which is a great unit given tough3+superior tinkering...

What's lacking is an IS SP hero tinkerer

soulmilk and sassquatch like this.
  4. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

SP have never really had any Construct support, so it makes sense we are a bit confused about this.
    I am going to test out in a few days how both FF SP Construct and SP/IS Split will work with these new runes.

5. RedScarlet

Ff sp strux does not work. IS/SP even beats an attrition match w FF FW lol. I love the bg. But elves are still a problem bevause we need time to build up an army.

And i also hvnt spared a slot for calcified lurker's recycle and armory and rugfist

soulmilk likes this.
  6. Sammich

Sammich Member

The Firecase is a good draw no matter what; nice cheap font contester leaping his way to a pretend 7 SPD (especially since it doesn't worry about those pesky "attacks" eating up its AP)

Sirius and Woffleet like this.
  7. darkpally5

darkpally5 I need me some PIE!

I could see the firecase being a good font contester, but I prefer Sonic Elemental for that. Anyone try the Speckled Fesh after the buff?

8. RedScarlet

Diff uses I guess. I just like how I get similar font-grabber w Sonic Ele, but I can use himself to kill someone from afar

9. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

The new Speckled Fesh is pretty interesting. He virtually guarantees a double deploy on your first turn; he generates the equivalent of 5 nora on each of your turns (3 nora, 2 extra hp on the board); he doesn't have lumbering like a lot of nora gen units and so can be used to capture fonts; he can bring drudgery (which I love as an ability); and he can be used for an intensive spot heal.

Edit: I do miss weaken spells on artificer :(