New Runes

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Vorian, May 14, 2015.

1. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I think I like this better than making it deal 2 damage.

Vorian likes this.
  2. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

At first I thought cyclopalypse cannon should be number 1, but now I have tried weighty is a massive draw back and it deserves to be number 3. DMR is right the dream crushers double jab is game winning.

soulmilk likes this.
  3. soulmilk

Hyaenid Flamefist is super strong too.
    It depends a lot on if he can manage to walk in a straight line.
    When I play, his combo usually deals 24 Damage plus 10 from his attack. (And lets him dodge the next attack.)
    However if he walked in a perfect line, he can deal 60 Damage plus 10 from his attack.

PS. Can someone change the text of Trail:Fire Wall to say how much damage Firewalls deal? I actually thought it was 5 before I tried him out, but it's actually 12.

Vorian likes this.
  4. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Adding dogpile to base has made him a shy too expensive to run and is inconsistent with his role (knockback/terrain damage), not basic attacks applying dogpile. Most of his knockback synergy is outside of Hyaenids, so adding a theme-centered ability on base didn't make sense. Finally, dogpile works best in a deck with lower champion costs (so there will be more champions on the board and therefore more stacks of dogpile). A 80+ melee doesn't really fit into a deck built around that design.

Separately, allowing a single unit to have a 60 damage combo isn't good game design.

Instead, I'd shuffle around his abilities to be something like this, U1: Trail Fire Wall, Flame Burst, XXX, U2: Dashing Maneuver, Leap 3, XXXXX, Base: Initiator, limiting his burst potential and a bit cheaper.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  5. soulmilk

If he didn't recieve dogpile, he might get nerfed. (He still might though)
    Beside, dogpile only cost 4 nora and works very well in Hyaenids.

Vorian likes this.
  6. Raikan

Well, there are different ways to nerf a champion. One is to add an ability (dogpile) that doesn't really synergize with his other abilities/role and just increase his cost. The other is to remove whatever combination of abilities made him too strong in the first place. Flamefist's issue is his incredible burst damage potential, which he can achieve without relying on any other champions or spells. Adding dogpile doens't fix his burst potential, and just makes him less usable outside Hyaenids. Then again, I'm pretty hostile to putting theme abilities on base and themes in general, and instead prefer mechanics based units and synergy.

7. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

I'm quite happy with the new toys we had:
    1st place : nid flamefist : with trial flame wall and dashing man. his dmg output is really interesting, add a transporter for more fun.
    2nd place: thunder elemental : zealotry and alacrity make his signature ability unbeliveble, I wish there was more sonic amp in the game, 20% doesn't change anything on a attck 8 champ.
    3 place : nid dreamcrusher : maybe is just me but 90% of the time his disbelief and jabs are a waste , why? if you are against illusions or summon the 16 dmg plus 10 goes straight to the summon or illusion ( almost always nearest champs to deployment area) I wish she could have Shattered dreams instead ( nice anti summon ability, same icon of disbelief and more useful i think).

8. Raikan

Does Zealotry boost Sonic Surge to 4 or 5 damage?

9. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!