New Shattered Peaks Council member, and the most pressing issues in SP

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by devilsrath, Nov 4, 2014.

1. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Here's an idea, what if Djinns where changed to be font runner type units? Make em all be fast and be able to disengage well, but not too strong fighters, under the idea that they are more about granting their serfs power to fight for them than fighting themselves.

In other words:
    • Less Surge Hyaenid
    • Less combat skills and stats
    • Costs in the 60-75 range
    • High speed (7 mostly)
    • Mobility abilities, like tele, hit and run, retreat, confuse attacker
    • Maybe more elemental themed and/or support abilities
    Just random brainstorming :p

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    RedScarlet and Ballballer like this.
  2. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Spoiler alert: The only champion I was ever given full control over (That went live) was hyaenid spearman which was a solid rune from the time it was changed all the way up to the revamp with exactly 0 nerf threads posted on it.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

that's clearly a lie- if it exists, there has been a nerf thread

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Hyaenid spearman was my favorite champ hahaha. He was pretty dang efficient though. People used to cry about him in my games

SaintKiwi likes this.
  5. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

The way I view balance is that efficiency should be the same across all champs. Every ability should serve an important purpose otherwise you're just going to run the champ that's nearly identical but has a lower cost because it isn't sandbagged down by pointless crap. IE: skyhowler and screecher

PurpleTop and SaintKiwi like this.
  6. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Assuming this is his role, maybe this:
    Overall Stats: 10/6/1-2/2/55 w/ Scale Armor on base
    Upgrade 1: Hold the Line (+8), Deafening Aura (+8), Relic Guardian (+4)
    Upgrade 2: Fascinate (+3), Slam (+4),
    Cost: 75 and 80 I'd like to knock off a few more nora...maybe a few less hp?

7. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Voils need a few members to get a +25 nora manual increase, obviously.

The only thing I really play is Clops, so that's all I can talk about.
    They do need some shifting of power from Sibling to other areas. If the range nerf on Vitalize could be reverted (or the range bumped up to 8 or so; at LEAST add the range in the tooltip, @Gedden), that would help them to not be a ton of slow chumps.

They also could use an improve range champ again, so they could attack over each other when stacked with Klub's Tactician, or some sort of solid range (Shaman is nice, but that's about it. Hurler has incredibly awkward range, and the rest are either Legendary or supports).
    Maybe one of the melees could get an alternate damage type, too...

I would love to see Storm Caller's Jolt ranks swapped with Revere, and have a few more options added, so he wouldn't be sandbagged in a full faction group (add, say, a lightning damage booster and a standalone ability).

8. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

On Moga and G’hern

The red text is my solutions to the problems currently seen in G’hern.

The main problem with g’hern and Moga currently is the G’hern. The moga work great. They're cheap each one is well focused towards a specific role and they are very lethal in numbers. The only real drawback to Moga are AOE/spell dmg, High def champions, And swarming/death benefit.

If the Opponent kills the moga(Which is pretty easy to do) the g’hern are left with low damage and the opponent has won. The current counter to this is the totem but this is a major tempo hit.

The problem with mass numbers of moga dying and then no way to rebuild army in time to save the game. The totem is good but it doesn’t do enough. I propose adding a new abillity soul summon moga axemen and death charged to multiple g’hern. This way if your army dies you can remake and army of less effective but useful champions. In addition revamping the moga den and adding moga war totem would help a lot.

(http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/moga-war-totem-gabrielq-made-name.215/#post-2561)

If the opponent kills the G’hern the moga are left with seriously low damage and it will require a tempo hit to play another G’hern back on the field. It is hard to one round a G’hern but constantly poking from range easily disables them.

Simply adding consume moga or some form of bulwark moga to G’hern stops the threat of constant poking and will go a long way to keeping them around.

G’hern should be designed to cover these weaknesses but they are lacking. To counter high def champions the G’hern rely on surge moga to pump up there damage. However if you have enough moga out to make your G’hern so powerful you’ve already won anyway.

Removing sure moga from a lot of G’hern and redesign them to function like the general and taskmaster. They boost the moga around them and contain abilities that increase in power with numbers. Shred Deffence, Defender 3, shroud, etc would be a major help. Maybe add Commander Moga to the game?

The only form of counter AOE/spell damage any G’hern provides is the general.

Adding weaken spells to certain g’hern would be a major improvement

Just my Opinion feel free to comment.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    RedScarlet and Paper Skull like this.
  9. Ballballer

Its just weird having swarm on a support champ tho. I would prefer his role to be that of a pure swarm champ with high damage like he used to be. Take off battle hymn and improve damage

10. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I learned from this thread - Nebron wishes he was SP council. I vote for Ballballer, uh i mean devils

11. Ballballer

I agree to an extent, but what im saying is that he has two roles needlessly. If hes going to be a reverie/damage booster then thats fine, but then why have swarm on him? Same thing with the reverse outlook. I would really prefer his role to be more defined, because as it stands he seems to be sandbagged

Woffleet likes this.
  12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Chef needs to lose disease eater, for starters. He costs way too much for what gedden apparently wants him to be.

13. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Why did you leave the council? From some of your posts, it sounds like Gedden has his own views about development/game balancing. That's not necessarily a bad thing. But there are some abilities (to use chef as an example) like omnivore and disease eater which are extremely situational (omnivore) and largely useless in SP (disease eater).

Re: moga recruiter. He's still good, but ballballer's point still makes sense. In a pure point per ability system, the best units will be specialized. Swarm and aoe buffs/global ap gain are different roles.

Woffleet likes this.
  14. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

May I suggest replacing K Scavenger soul collection with something else like scavenge?
    I would like to see it removed from the Dusk creeper too.. much collection/nora generation combo.

Think it should be fine on a more costlier tempo hit but both are sub 60 nora cheap units.

15. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

yeah, soul collection needs to go on both of them.

16. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Kanen Scavenger is ridiculous atm, it generates like 90 nora per game.

17. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I'm all for nerfing champs that need it, and I agree the scavenger does, but nonsensical hyperbole adds nothing to the conversation.

Woffleet and SPiEkY like this.
  18. Poxineer

Poxineer The King of Potatoes

o deer im glad i read da forums I waz just about 2 make a sp deck lol not anymore

19. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Agreed!

Woffleet likes this.
  20. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

the free to play sp starter deck is good. "Cavern born". Cavernkeeper is really strong and can work as a melee shield and healer for range voils. I also enjoy the concepts working in the free to play "cavern born" bg. A lot of swarm units, and relocation going on. I beleave "cavern born" focuses on all the key elements of sp. Cavern born is a decently balance meta and i find cool combo's in it all the time.