New to SL, love arthropods also I'm a terrible player

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Bluebugs, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Bluebugs

Bluebugs New Member

Hi all. I'm just getting back into pox after being gone for like 6 years (had to abandon when everything was p2w). I was a mostly UD player back in the day, but I am now interested in SL. After fiddling around for the past few weeks I still haven't found a good theme or groove for myself. I tend to be too aggressive in play style and have yet to win a pvp match. All the new runes are overwhelming.

I recently added 2 myx sandlions to my deck and wow! What an amazing rune! Are SL Arthropods even viable? If not, that's fine. I'm also wondering if UD/SL arthros would be a good idea or an abomination.

I'm not straight up asking for anyone to build me a deck, but it would be nice to get some pointers. I have exos/rares/legandaries in all the factions, but I would like to trade them to get at least 1 solid competitive BG.

Thanks for any tips in advance.

2. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Arthropods are viable. You can run a UD/SL split for best results but they can work. You can build off of the creep and crawl mechanic. Give a me 30 and I will post a sample BG

3. Bluebugs

Bluebugs New Member

Awesome! Thanks fattyy2k

4. fattyy2k

5. fattyy2k

6. Bluebugs

Bluebugs New Member

Thanks. I'll try this out. Do you think the spider queen would fit in here?

7. fattyy2k

she cant. she is a hero and cant be played in splits.

I am taking out one scorpion for one kwing alpha so that there are more tanks.

massive burst turn with broodmother is to protect the nest then hatching season

8. Bluebugs

Bluebugs New Member

Thanks. Just tried K'lzik not knowing about the full faction - awkward. I need to get me some kwing alphas. Got one for trade?

9. fattyy2k

unfortunately no. I only have two and I use them both :p

10. fattyy2k

Welcome back by the way!

11. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

To be honest as much as I love the concept of arthros in SL, its not a strong\proper theme. The synergy between units is not particularly big and they lack spells or relics which would tie them together. However, all of the c&c units work just fine in myx and can compliment myx bgs well. Beezick is not a good support

12. fattyy2k

One thing the split gives is some of the SL ranged units to counter the weakness of spiders

I never thought I would argue including SL for ranged options...

13. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

You lose out on klzix though. I think klzix is a big deal.

14. fattyy2k

It's true, but it is another way to play :p

15. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

Could play Myx.

16. Bluebugs

Bluebugs New Member

Working on getting more myx in my life. I am playing around with magnepede + arachnablade on enemies. Very fun.