New to SP

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by dragonistear, Jul 24, 2014.

1. dragonistear

dragonistear I need me some PIE!

New Patch basically -2ed my average nora cost. Quite excited.

So far it doesn't seem like I really need Ifrit? A few more skirmishes and I guess I'll start playing against actual people.

#inb4getswrecked

soulmilk likes this.
  2. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

I'm loving my Nids now, the Dogpile change and the new Peaks Dew really really helps them hold up. Could probably run em at tier 1 now if my playstyle hadn't changed so much to fit attrition decks recently, but as is they're great fun and quite competitive. :D

SaintKiwi likes this.
  3. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

You still running Dao too?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  4. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Currently testing 2x Peaks Dew and 1x Peaks Ifrit as my Djinns, I had dropped Dao a while back and the latest patch didn't do anything for him.

5. dragonistear

Hmmm, what upgrades are you using for dew? He still costs a lot and iono how to effectively use him. I like Marid better...

Can you link your BG?

6. SaintKiwi

Our meta looks mostly unchanged from the patch except for a few cost increases on Ifrit, Heroes, Storm Flyer, and Moga Cannon. Boost Voil isn't being splashed as much. Things look well costed.

I started running sonic elemental with teleport rank 3 and dmg shield sonic rank 1. At 75 Nora his mobility is beautiful and I enjoy making him get real close to ranged units. Sonic amp and dmg shield sonic are useless on him though. Our healing is limited to the voil, cavern keeper, ghern sustainer, and ritual cultist. Out of all those ritual cultist is my favorite. She will heal 10 per turn and disease breath every other. Kanen scavenger is still the same, but lacks ap gen or 6Hp per globe heal. He's still essential in a meta deck. He price is paid off after roughly 3 to 4 Nora globes and he's good for finishing a champ. That being said I do not like him. I hate having to use kanen in a FF Sp bg.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  7. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

With the dogpile cost reduction, hyaenid executioner is beginning to look attractive with 12/6/1-2/1/52 and Rend 1, Feint, Dogpile, and Death Sentence. He has some obvious synergies with Voltaic Slag and Hyaenid Spearman, which can apply 5 negative conditions to a unit pretty easily (Weary, Poison/Scour, Dogpile, Sunder, Shocked) and allow executioner to hit for 25 LOL plus 50% of his normal damage.

8. dragonistear

Ok, played a custom against a ST starter. Wasn't able to match them for some reason. Somehow, their units ht harder and have more HP and I lost in the war of attrition. Am I playing this faction wrong (as in should I be rushing him instead of contesting fonts?)

9. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

No you are playing sp right, sp is all about contesting many fonts as possible especially with ur fliers. Bestial presence buffs their champions for a set number of turns. In that situation you could stall by retreating a bit till bestial presence ends.

10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

If your ever looking to kill a difficult champ try doing pack leader + zealotry, when he uses pummel the first hit's normal but if you cast zealotry on him the second hit does the 50% bonus damage from zealotry. Very effective for killing a tough champ and for some reason not many people see it coming. I've also found g'hern taskmaster is pretty good for the ap gen. Another good rune i usually run in my sp bg's is cyclops war drummer for the extra hp and damage on deploy and late game that battle drum really helps alot.

11. SaintKiwi

For game changing ap gen I use alacrity. It is the best option, but it is predictable. Zealotry is too expensive for my taste.

12. Raikan

Alacrity + Moga Recruiter + Sceian is a lot of threat range: 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 (assuming a 10 ap reservoir) = 11 spaces of movement followed by a double tap.

13. dragonistear

How does the new executioner feel?

I think it got better because now it vaporizes all champs with debuffs on them around him instead of a target and his +1 spd helps in repositioning. Punish is very nice as well.

However, dat 85 nora instead of 69 seems quite annoying. Can't double deploy anymore :(.

14. Raikan

He is way too expensive, imo, because he has too many abilities and that extra speed really wasn't necessary. However, judgment with slag slop has some massive aoe burst potential.

15. SaintKiwi

Executioner is garbage

16. dragonistear

Wow. From Top Kek to Trash. Kinda reminds me of CLG...

What is a good replacement for it in a Hyaenid deck.

17. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

yeah judgement is OP as Firk.