New toys for Fae.

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Etherielin, May 24, 2017.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

3. Nigromanta

Nigromanta The King of Potatoes

Im actually surprised guys, I find Fae Oracle over priced nora wise, used to play 2 of them, but with 2 of them in play I felt really behind, yeah long range, and CC but still couldnt manage to do the job. Just playing 1x right now.
    I consider 2x Starlight sylph 100% Auto, the heaviest hitter you can find, and also has really nice utility, I would not even consider removing 1 of them.
    Im also impressed you dont play 1x Null beast, a 55HP + 2Def + Tough3 + bodyguard for 75Nora.... its just what fae's really need. I wouldn't even consider not playing 1.
    You both play Fae Dreamer I cant see the reason yet.
    Fan faire... good for you both guys.

@MaruXV 2x Nectar fairie with no Horn of order?
    @Etherielin No Wisp??

Im playing this at the moment, testing stuff up, conclave of concordance im not sure about x2 and some equipments are being tested.
    [​IMG]

4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

@Nigromanta
    1. Oracle is expensive but has infinite scaling and insane utility. Running her x2 is a personal choice for some but for me she's auto. She's your gateway to late game.
    2. Too squishy - you're looking at a champ that has 39 HP base (54 if all boosts are in, 61 with fan faire) vs a champ who can scale infinitely and has 40 HP base (Oracle). She also requires things to attack beforehand, meaning that by the time she can contest Oracle's utility you would have gotten a kill anyway.
    3. The loss of Race: Fae and a bugfix to bodyguard (now it deals LoL damage to bodyguarding champ so no tough 3) have hurt it severely and pushed it out in favour of Corgis and Wisps.
    4. Fae Dreamer can be run for 50 nora as a detection (next deploy gets detection 3 and 10 HP buffer/shell) champ that grants Favour, Council Spells and Spellswallower to champions within 3 tiles of her on deploy (that's +5 nora per any spell cast and +1 damage per any enemy spell) and anti-summon via shatter summoned. She's a perfect centaur banner / crown of petals / honour coin carrier and Fan Faire target. Another option is running her for 51 nora as a blockade / divert champion. Her cheap cost also means that you can always deploy her to contest fonts or capture them early on.
    5. Horn of Order costs 50 nora these days and isn't half as good as it used to be.
    6. I don't run Wisps because I find One with Nora to be fairly gimmicky and I face opponents good enough to be able to 1-round a wisp, while a Corgi Knight takes more effort as it's beefier. They also draw a ton of attention and don't bring that much in fae compared to magic amp. I also don't have 2 extra copies to run them with different upgrades compared to magic amp as I don't have enough magic damage to justify amplify magic.
    7. Conclave Concordance is the strongest spell Fae have access to. It's an extra body, extra relic presence, A LOT of extra damage, anti-DEF via illuminate, an extra blind, a roadblock - it also refunds up to 20 (15 from Fae, 5 from favour if you run dreamer) nora and triggers Oracle's adaptive. 11/10 spell.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Tweek516 likes this.
  5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Exactly this.

Well, I dont fully agree with you about wisp, but conclave concordance (in theme) is hands down one of the best spells in the game. It does so much. Only shame is the high CD.

6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

1. oracle, as ethe said, is a 40-to infinite adaptive unit, with cc, force barrier, high range. also shows runes. the bg is already lategameish so its a good choice.
    2. starlight is sure 1x, don't know if i would go 2x.
    3. nullbeast lost bulwark.
    4. dreamer gives favor +tricks , detection, blockade if you want, and is a cheap unij for side font .
    5. fan faire is nice for stat boost, but not absolutely must have. i'm thinking of putting in the rage garu spell i forgot the name of instead.

nectar fairy is really cheap and with honor coin stays cheap, gives commander and gains 2hp per turn, becoming even "tanky" sometimes.

7. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

BTW how are you guys running chained fae atm?

8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

adaptive in fae, vitality in wizs mag amp

9. Tweek516

upload_2017-6-25_12-4-57.png

Just dropped a a fae advocate for a corgi knight - testing out knight vs wisp.

Currently running chained fae with swap and vitality, but every single game I seem to forget I'm not running her with portal and deploy her right at the back.

10. Tweek516

I've been tempted by adaptive. Do you cast enough spells to keep her going?

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

yep, and also the dmg she gets is not to be underestimated

12. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

specially if you run her with swap

13. Tweek516

I might test it then. Also, I built this a while back, but think I have played exactly 1 game with it.

upload_2017-6-25_12-19-58.png

14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

maybe you could run the elven artisan instead of trickster in that bg

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's so fun reading people building/discussing decks :)

16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Also, I have a note to address Nullbeast.

Etherielin likes this.
  17. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

I wonder how my old fae deck would do with the occlusion changes...

I remember being the only one using occlusion a while back and am happy to see it being given new life.

When I played fae I never used the boost fairy and focused on lockdown and burst dmg from oracles and starlights. My only tanks were the wisps and I was able to stay high in the ranks consistently.

Now I don't know what it's like now so whenever sok and the gang finally put out an expansion then I'll post an update of the deck. Till then I'll see you guys in another 6 months lmao

MaruXV likes this.