Newest bug

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by super71, Mar 5, 2015.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Thanks for the screenshot.

You said this doesn't happen every time right? Does it work sometimes even without restarting the client?

3. super71

Experienced this yesterday pretty often. When i finally got into a game it was very laggy my units were moving slowly animations were also pretty slow. Occasionally it will allow me to que ranked but then the option to pick your bg isn't there.

4. super71

I have to keep going back and forth which is pretty obnoxious and it's sort of a luck thing whether it works or not. If i hit back and then ranked pvp again it works sometimes.

5. super71

upload_2015-3-5_13-17-32.png

Ah just won my game now this is what i encountered.

6. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

That is odd. Our first recommendation is to do a full reinstall of Pox Nora.

To Uninstall:
    • Go to your Pox Nora directory which should be something like c:/Program Files/Desert Owl Games/Pox Nora
    • Then click on Uninstall.
    • After uninstalling and before reinstalling the game, delete the Pox Nora folder in the Desert Owl Games directory.
    • Then download and install the game from https://www.poxnora.com/download.do
    If the problem still occurs go through the troubleshooting tips http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/pc-troubleshooting.1487/

The two major culprits of a problem like this is an out of date driver or a software/security conflict on the computer. You might want to double check to make sure that a recent windows update did not change any of your security settings. Also sometimes issues like this can be caused by antivirus software or malware. Make sure your anti-virus software is up to date and run a scan. Note: not every anti-malware program can catch all malware, so it is worth considering using a more than one. If the problem persists after the malware scan try disabling the protection software in the event it is conflicting with Pox.

Also, are you Playing On Steam?

7. super71

I am indeed playing on steam. I also run anti-malware frequently as i do a lot of modding and download a lot of mods from other sites. I will try uninstalling pox then re-installing.

8. Senshu

What are your in-game display settings for the Steam version of Pox?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  9. Senshu

Defiantly try the stand alone download to see if you have the same problem on that version. https://www.poxnora.com/download.do

Also, try uninstalling Pox from Steam then go to the Steam directory \Steam\SteamApps\common and remove the Pox Nora folder then try reinstalling on Steam.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  10. super71

Windowed.

11. Senshu

Resolution Wide 720? Any success with uninstalling, using the troubleshooting tips, or trying the standalone version?

12. super71

Haven't really had the time to check yet will check tomorrow.

13. super71

Tested it seems to only be the steam version didn't have the issue with the website download.

14. Senshu

Hmm, try updating your video drivers.

15. super71

Already did that i'll try a few other things when i feel like playing again. I think the issue is the steam downloaded version.

16. Senshu

Hmm, if updating drivers didn't work then uninstalling the Steam version delete any remaining files in the steam install directory and then reinstall would be the next thing to do. The Steam and the stand alone version are almost identical so any problem caused by the difference would likely be with the Steam SDK. Did this only start happening after the update?

17. super71

Yes only after the update.

18. Senshu

It is likely that old information wasn't properly cleared out which should be fixed by a reinstall.