Newest Oxfam study: The top 8 people.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ohmin, Jan 16, 2017.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

So how do you propose the wealth is redistributed? Do we give it equally to all of the bottom 50%, doubling their net worth to 200? What improvements will that make in their lives? At least one of the top 8, Bill Gates, is known for using his wealth to help those less fortunate. How is what you're proposing better than what he's doing? Should we continue down the line until everyone has an equal distribution around the world? If so, why are you still on your computer and playing video games? You should be giving most of your wealth to those that don't have it. Here's a rough idea what that would look like.

What is better, to take $1,000,000,000 and give $1,000 to 1,000,000 people one time so they can improve their lives as they see fit, or is it better to invest $1,000,000,000 at 5% for an annual return of 50,000,000 to give 1,000 to a different 50,000 people each year? The first benefits more people up front, but the latter benefits more people in the long run. How do we know they won't spend the money the way most lottery winners do, where they start to live life based on the sudden influx of money, then when it dries up they're worse off than before?

Take a tribe living in the Amazon that is unaware of the outside world. Is it better to interfere in their lives and give them modern medicine, clothing, and education, or should they be left alone living their lives that they are generally happy with? If they should be left alone, where do you draw the line? Is it only those that are aware of the outside world that need to be rescued from themselves, or is it only groups that the modern world has interfered with already that need additional interference?

Tweek516, Ohmin and SPiEkY like this.
  2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

So poor people are too stupid to care for themselves and need to be patronized by rich people? Makes sense.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That's not what I said. I just asked a number of questions.

Tweek516, Ohmin and SPiEkY like this.
  4. Boozha

It's essentially what you said though.

5. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Lol @Stalinism. The bolshevik revolution was intended to weaken Russia and remove the Czar long before Stalin was relevant. It was an international conspiracy between Germany/USA/Britain and jewish bankers. Insane amounts of money were given to Trotsky (jew) and Lenin (half-jewish) to carry this out. I don't care explaining everything now, but this picture pretty much sums it up:
    [​IMG]

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If that's how my questions read, then I apologize. I actually want to know how others feel redistribution should be accomplished. I do feel that the poor in the third world don't understand modern technology enough that if there is redistribution going to them, it should be managed by someone that understands modern technology and can make sure the improvement is done efficiently. I don't know where the line should be drawn. I'm against the redistribution overall. If someone can be convicted of a crime that the wealth was obtained through, then sure, redistribute their wealth. Could laws be put in place that level the playing field? Sure, but unless they are, don't steal from those that earned money within the law for doing what they're allowed to do.

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Boozha

One could easily argue that laws are made in the interests of soome, not all.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I agree, and each country is different in who the laws favor.

Ohmin likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

How did we get from all loving communism to this?

Ohmin likes this.
  10. Boozha

Yeah, some favour the rich of their country, some the rich of other countries.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Are there any that you feel come close to your ideal? If none come close, what country is doing better than most and why?

12. Boozha

Of course Europe in general and countries like Sweden and Germany in particular are more reasonable than trashy countries like the US, but even here the old ideals (like it says in our Grundgesetz, basically your constitution: "Property ought to serve the public") are turned into serving the rich. The tax burden is shifting away from those with money to those without increasingly, too.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

so to sum it up as you tell it:

THE JEEEEWWWSSS
    +
    America and britain are always Firking up the world.
    +
    don't ask me questions!

14. Saandro

I merely mentioned the fact Trotsky and Lenin had jewish ancestry. And that one of the main financiers of both of them was Jacob Schiff. Do these facts make you uncomfortable? Does the fact that many millions of Russians died make you uncomfortable?

And yes, please do ask questions. It's better than your usual snarky meaningless remarks. Exhibit A above.

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

[citation needed]

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I found your post on google image search.
    [​IMG]

Boozha likes this.
  17. Saandro

Sigh. Classic.

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Do you want me to tell you my etnicities?

19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

you shouldnt take away and redistribute wealth without a reason, you should create an environment where everyone has a dignity of life, then its ok if someone better/luckier earns more. you do this by:
    1. free public health care
    2. free public education up to 18yrs old. with same generic courses for everybody, with all studies from math to history and philosophy. then, after you have a wide cultural panorama, you can start specializing from college.
    3. taxes and fines payed as a % of your wealth not fixed value. if you earn 10000$ month you can pay a 200$fine without even thinking about it. if you earn 900$, it means you cannot pay your rent. thats equal, but not right.

Geressen likes this.
  20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Great video showing WW2 casualties:

Goto: 4:50 or so for the Russian losses comparison to everyone else.

NevrGonaGivUup, BurnPyro and Geressen like this.