Nids as of Ronin Mid-term

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Wraith, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Wraith

Wraith Administrator Octopi

Anyone who knows me from these forums before I was green knows I love Nids. I really like what Sok did with them in the latest patch but have been unsuccessful in trying to win with them, so I figured why not ask my good old friends on the SP forum what they think!

While you're at it, give me a deck suggestion :D

2. HiveLord

HiveLord I need me some PIE!

It's called a BG. Noob.

3. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Just looking at the champions that got changed the only thing that is better is bulwark who is 2x auto now. (Seriously, 3-4 range??!)

SaintKiwi likes this.
  4. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

I'm testing a deep wounds sub-theme into it now so i'll have to get back on this in a few days :/

5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

With breaker and cyclonic fesh updated, i wonder if a electric module could work

6. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

they look good. i do not have much experience playing them, but have always been a fan.

7. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

but of course!

8. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Think I've seen several Nids in limited winning against other meta Bgs before the last patch. Having played them, I think sandbagging Breaker w Static Aura is just mean.

The only worth it now imo: Executioner (w 2 state of conf), Bulwark, Headshrinker, Dew, Marid, witchdoctor and stalker

Pretty sure nids are still viable but imo other themes feels that they have stronger synergy in terms of being developed and everything (dogpile/serf vs murkwater frenzy vs rock defiance... roflmao). E.g, grintmaw hymn vs spirit channeling - sc's impact is a joke compared to hymn

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  9. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

I played nids before the new pacth, and have win with them about 90% of times, I like them as a pure debuff theme, this is what makes me like them in the first place. I think that they are fine as a debuff theme, with some "boost" module using de djins. the real problem, is that only a few of they champ are auto x2, and some does not have space outside nid bg.

10. Wraith

I'm testing what RedScarlet suggested. So far so good! Did a 130 damage Judgement in a ranked game today :D (2 champs, 80 and 50 damage).

RedScarlet likes this.
  11. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Instead of 2 States of Confusion, you could also try Slag Slop.

12. Raikan

Separately, is anyone using Hyaenid Bulwark in their meta bgs. He has a lot of hp and staying power with 60 hp, tough 2, def 1, regen 2 for 72 nora?

13. Nebron

Why are you running tough 2 over combat awareness?

14. Wraith

I've been trying him out with Tough 2 & Aid Defense to decent results. I'm intrigued though and could certainly see it working with CA, care to elaborate?

15. Nebron

Why would you take a more expensive upgrade which only lowers dmg by 2 when you can take CA and get immunity to everything that isn't a point and click damage source? You're def will already be high because of aid.

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Well, first you need a Carnifex, maybe some Zoanthropes, and of course Genestealers...

Wait, no, wrong 'nids.

fattyy2k, soulmilk, Leadrz and 6 others like this.
  17. Raikan

You're right. CA is better.

18. Wraith

Interesting. Time for some testing!

19. sidmouth

sidmouth The King of Potatoes

Does anyone know if soul channeling still works? Not that there would be any point running it now if does what it says it does.

EDIT: I checked, it does. Hopefully the spell can get a rework.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  20. Wraith

Sad thing about that is Spirit Channeling became what it is due to a suggestion I made back in the old days before going green :'(