Nids

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by limone1981, Nov 24, 2016.

1. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

So i'm running a pretty satisfactory Nids Bg but I feel that the whole racial bg misses a couple of things:
    - a real tank
    - an equip for Nids only
    - a real spell for Nids only
    - an Hero
    - a real summon counter
    - boost/defender

Real Tank: the Bulwark doesn't do his job properly, low def, combat awerness (or tough 2)helps for sure but even if you run Regen 2 still seems that lack something.

Equip: Hyaenids don't have any specific equipment for them, even if you consider the static bracelet doesn't give enough synergy with the rest of the Nids

Spell: well Spirit Channeling works better with Elemental (djinn or others) interaction, Djinn are all in a pretty bad position (too expensive and their gift are really situational), yes sometimes a surprise magic beam or another lined atk can help you win, but still is kinda meh.

Hero: when Nids will have an Hero???

Summon Counter: ok the instigator works mostly as a counter (mainly beacuse summon have low hp) but some rites of creation/destruction/whatever could help a lot (i'm not even considering the dreamcrusher as a summon counter beacause it is not)

Boost/Defender : there is not boost Hyaenids or defender, it will really help the theme to be really competitive.

My suggestion:
    Hyaenid Bulwark : loose Combat Awerness to gain Defender (it will make it cheaper I guess too)
    Hyaenid Dreamcrusher : loose Disbelief (and for me even the 2 jab) to gain the same set of the Clops Ritualist or Shattered Summoned
    Hyaenid Feshwrangler: make it a Tank, he rides a really Tanky Worm, I'm not saying let's give it swallow hole but at least a couple ranks of Tough.
    Spell: Spirit Channeling, let's drop the elemental Zephir thing and put something else like a random gift of the Djinn and a random lined atk.

Just my 2 cents, please discuss

Gnomes likes this.
  2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Doubt the defender change will happen - especially considering sok is phasing out these types of abilities.

3. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

K, first of all, Nids are REALLY good right now. They have pretty much everything you need, minus Boost and Defender. But they have ways around that anyway, plus plenty of access to things other themes barely have at all.

I thought he was just reducing the number of them that themes had access to? Hyaenid barely have any access to boost ups like other themes, oddly.

Part of his cost is his high damage, which could stand to be a little lower as it's not really necessary. Then again, that might make him too efficient.
    Also, I basically only run him with Toughness 2 and Aid: Defense. I usually then cast Ifrit's gift onto him to give him extra speed to get more hits off for the Aid: Defense. It makes him quite tanky and a very good defender.

While it would be cool to have one or more equips, it isn't really necessary. In a way, it makes it easier to choose equips for them, as you can just take the generally good/meta SP equips, but I hear you about Static Bracelet.

(Ok, side note, I was looking at this spell to check it while listening to German yodelling. It was special.)
    Spirit Channeling: I like it, it gives some powerful spot and alt damage to the theme (not that we need more alt damage for the Nids...). In theory, you could make a Nid/Elemental split (surprised I haven't seen it done), which this spell would help with greatly. I think it's fine.

Djinn & Gifts: Djinn are mostly fine, Ifrit and Marid are amazing imo.
    Ifrit for obvious reasons (run him with Gift, it's the best one besides Marid's).
    Marid because he's dirt firking cheap for the amount of damage he can dish out.
    Dew sucks.
    Dao is best in an Elemental/Djinn heavy bg because of Hold the Line giving Defender. In Hyaenid he's meh. There are other Nid champs that can take his place and do his job better in a Nids bg.

They kinda do, with the Exile and Witchdoctors. But yes, a hero would be nice, though we haven't heard of any named Hyaenid. They're more tribal and disorganized than the Kanen, so there's not much lore precedent for one anyway.

2x Dreamcrusher + 2x Winstigator. Not exactly a hard counter (thank Almara, I despise hard counters), but it works. I don't have problems with Summon bgs as Hyaenid, I just kinda burrow past the summons (Feshwrangler), or roadblock/ignore the summons (Ifrit). I LAUGH IN THE FACE OF THE SUMMON GODS.

Don't forget the Djinn are all flying, so you can use them to take one side of the map and place down an Unstable Tiger's Eye for the lulz (Unstable Ground works well too).

Meh.

I'm curious, what are you used to playing as?

Gnomes, Qucas, SPiEkY and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tweek516

They already have commander and a racial. Thats probably enough.

SPiEkY and SireofSuns like this.
  5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Spirit speaker=tank
    Not every theme is meant to be used as a phalanx thus they don't get access to stuff like defender. in general the plan now is to make it so each theme only gets access to 1 or 2 of these things so they won't be getting boost and defender.

Regarding theme specific utility slots anything that grants an additional condition (like vicious harpoon rend or lightning storm) Is a great inclusion.

You could if you wanted to include the exile too (lore wise he is their leader) since they have so many deep wounds options already. he also fills a tank roll with his beefy ass hp pool

6. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

I always played everything Sp related, full or split, used to run a mix Djinn/Nids before the changes to the Djinns, used to play full Nids before the changes to the Executioner.

7. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Warning! In before @Ballballer tells you that you have no idea what you are talking about.

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

this is like telling someone to be careful on the highway while at the same time shoving them in front of a car

Tweek516, Bondman007 and SireofSuns like this.
  9. SireofSuns

Does Ballballer think they suck? Every time I see them used they seem to be doing well...

10. Bondman007

I LOL'd... :D
    So true.
    And yes, he doesn't think they are very good. I think he used the word "garbage" the last time I spoke with him about the so called nids.

Put it this way; If you play Pox to win (and we'll use racing as our comparison), why would you run a volkswagen beetle (nids) in a race instead of a Porsche (voil, meta)?

11. SireofSuns

Ah, he's one of THOSE players.

12. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Nids blow

SireofSuns likes this.
  13. Tweek516

They seem fine to me. Not OP, but not really needing buffs.

SireofSuns likes this.
  14. Bondman007

If you mean those as in competitive, then yes, you are correct. I kinda go along with him tho, I don't play games to lose.
    Have fun, sure, but I don't play to lose.

15. Bondman007

Personally, I think they are ok, but when compared to the other stuff they are certainly lacking.

16. SireofSuns

Well, no one plays to lose, and if they do, they're doing it wrong. It's more of whether you derive the majority of your fun from winning or just playing. I'm in the "just playing" camp.

Bondman007 likes this.
  17. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Im thinking of getting into nids next. But they seem slightly bland. How is everybody liking them?

18. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

loplop plays nids amazingly well. he dose not play much any more though. I would pm him in game if you see him on.

Gnomes likes this.
  19. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

upload_2017-3-2_21-16-29.png

This is what i have so far.

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  20. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Wounded increses all damage coming from champions with Deep Wounds so a Stalker with a Vortex on it hurts a lot.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017