Nightshade Herbalist (KF Champion)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Nightshade Herbalist
    Race: Garu | Class: Ranger | Size: Small | Faction: K'thir Forest
    Artwork: A female Garu, dressed in colorful primitive clothing, is sitting on the ground. At her feet is a basket filled with various berries and flowers. She is coating a sword with toxins from the produce around her. Scattered about her are various daggers and arrows.
    Flavor-Text: "Our stationary brethren have developed deadly toxins to protect themselves from dangers large and small. Knowing which poisons to use for greatest effect is what I have devoted my life toward. Here, this dagger will strike truest with Belladonna!" -Gre't, Nightshade Herbalist
    Deck Limit: 2
    Nora Cost: ????

Champion Stats
    DMG: 0 | SPD: 5 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 1 | HP: 44

Champion Abilities

Cleanse (+5 Nora)- Target champion within 5 spaces is Cleansed and then is healed for 5 HP. May target self. CD: 3, AP: 3
    Lace Weapons (+4 Nora)- Friendly Garu and Rangers within 5 spaces have Attack: Poison and an additional rank of Poison 1.
    Poison Charge (+5 Nora)- Until end of turn, all Poison damage is increased by 2. This unit loses 5 HP. CD: 1, AP: 3
    Toxic Greeting (+5 Nora)- When this champion comes into play, all enemy champions become Poisoned for 2 turns.

Upgrade Path I
    Deflect: Poison (+10 Nora)- Next time this unit takes damage from an attack made by target champion within 8 spaces, that damage is redirected as Poison damage to the nearest enemy within 8 spaces. This effect is hidden until triggered. CD: 4, AP: 0
    Grant: Poison Cloud Trap (+9 Nora)- Target champion within 5 spaces gains Lay Trap: Poison Cloud for 2 turns.
    Poisonburst (+8 Nora)- This champion makes an attack at RNG 1-3 for 10 Poison damage. If successfully damaged, the target is knockbacked 3 spaces, then the target and enemy champions within 2 spaces of the final destination become Poisoned for 3 turns. CD: 3, AP: 4

Upgrade Path II

Assimilate (+4 Nora)- When this champion recovers a nora globe, it is healed for 6 HP.
    Forage (+3 Nora)- This unit gains 3 AP when it captures a nora globe.
    Soul Collection (+6 Nora)- When this champion moves within 5 spaces of a nora globe, or a nora globe drops from a champion within 5 spaces of this champion, this champion automatically recovers it.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Both Rangers and Garu are kind of reliant on physical-based attacks and abilities. This support champion can be played successfully in both themes and provides valuable alt. damage in the form of poison. Though this champion doesn't have a basic attack, it has an on-deploy global poison and some minor ways to cause damage. Lastly, Poison Charge synergizes well with the Attack: Poison that she hands out. I hope you like the Nightshade Herbalist!

Oh yeah, this champion was inspired by the Ranger thread Sokolov started in the KF forums.

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I Bane Shift you not, I was literally thinking of a champ based around nightshade 5 minutes ago. Well, it was Poison Berries, but close enough. Take my like.

Xirone likes this.
  4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Sounds awesome, although I believe that with a set of abilities like that she'd be 2x auto in both Garus and Rangers.

Tweek516 and Xirone like this.