No class on Hyaenid Dreamcrusher?

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by SireofSuns, Jul 6, 2015.

1. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

"Title"

Is this supposed to be like that? I was certain it would have something like a Shaman or at least a Wizard or Witch.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  2. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

Sokolov just after the last patch said that he will take a look on all the no class champions.

SaintKiwi, soulmilk and SireofSuns like this.
  3. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Yeah, I didn't notice it at first, expected it to be a shaman and dropped a staff of solstice on it.

4. SireofSuns

I brought it up because I literally did the exact same thing.

That mistake lost me the game. :p

Qucas likes this.
  5. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Agree this is an issue, but I look at it the opposite way. Rather than there being too many classless units, I think too many units have a class. Now that boost abilities apply across both races and classes, they shouldn't be handed out haphazardly. Also, it's pretty clear that classes are handed out...inconsistently. What's the difference really between Rangers, Warriors, Paladins and brutes...or priests and shamans and witches and wizards.

6. SireofSuns

See, I wouldn't really care if there were less classes on champions. But if that were to happen (after it essentially deletes a whole bunch of themes), then almost all, if not all, class based things would also need to be removed or changed so they don't rely on class.

I don't see that happening, and don't really want to see it happen either.
    I'd prefer it if more care was taken when making champions (in this case, giving out classes), and I would also like to see more simplification (we don't need druids, wizards, shamans, AND witches, wizards and witches would be good enough I think. Same with other classes).

Personally, I think it's actually very strange for a champion to NOT have a class. Simply because, Pox is basically about warring factions, and in war, you have designated units. Those designated units have "classes", concerning what their role is. Since Pox is about "war", then all the units we have should have a designated role, therefore they would also need a class.
    Now, you could argue that "classes" aren't needed at all and that we should just rely on their tool-set (though, tool-set is usually determined by role/class...), and that would be okay. As long as nothing relied on that specific tag.

So... Unless I've misunderstood, you would like to see a bend away form champions with clear roles?

7. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

She definitely is not a classy lady

8. SireofSuns

Those fancy colors say otherwise. ;)

9. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

druid would be sweet.

demi-god more likely.

10. Kaziken

Kaziken I need me some PIE!

What if it's not a lady?

11. SireofSuns

Then those abs are weapons all their own. :D

12. SireofSuns

Eh... Maybe. The Shaman and Druid classes should be combined (likely just Shaman due to it being broader) imo.
    On the side, Druids tend to be more based specifically around nature magic and the growth of nature, whereas Shamans tend to be more about the spiritual stuff (Spirit-mancer is a better word for it, honestly).
    Druids are elemental, Shamans are spiritual.
    So... She should be a Druid, as you suggest. Though, that would make her irritating to work with in gameplay. So... I say Shaman purely for usefulness (and it really isn't too different). But as I said, they should be combined (We don't need both, do we?).

Yes please. That champ is so fun and awesome. I enjoy the double jab, makes for a nice Champ+kill spell if played right. :D

13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I say druid mainly because of staff of solstices. She feels like a obvious staff of solstice target. Opps staff of solstice requires a preist or shaman. Weird i thought it was druid. Dang the are not any druids in sp. I guess it is class demi-god then!

SireofSuns likes this.