No seriously, NKD is silly - 8 nora

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Feb 27, 2015.

1. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

You're making yourself look stupid by putting words in my mouth.

2. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

just change nkd to it blocks/dodges the first attack every turn automatically and be done with it (1 total not both)

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

it would still be charred, but it would either take no damage or heal.

and prestige only applies to friendly owned champs or something along those lines, but the cornerstone is that you have to have them under your control to get the iron will

regardless, it's a counter- not a solution

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

sure, that works

5. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

This ability is ridiculous and I have been complaining about it for ages, yet every time I do I get trolled. I have been told every good player knows there are ways to work around it, they just see it as another defensive ability. It should cost 20 nora or cost 3 for the first block and 5ap for the second block. Either way I am not playing the game again until it gets fixed.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  6. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Let me guess, Lushiris or some other ST player told you that? Because any good player with half a brain that's not a biased ST zealot will tell you otherwise.

7. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

you get trolled because your suggestions are troll. if it costed 3 for every hit, not even 3/5, it'd be so easy for the opponent to abuse this and just drain ap from whichever champ they wanted. Don't be ridic. 20 is fricking stupid. If it costed anymore than 10 or 12 nora it'd just be a sandbag and no NKD would ever see play except for maybe shadowstriker.

NKD is strong in certain situations and weak in others just like most other mechanics in the game.

NKD however, isn't one of the big problems atm compared to the rest. Cactus crate has like a billion things on there. Get those fixed then move onto things that actually require more thought like NKD.

A cost increase won't change anything except for making ST pay more to deploy it. People will still complain about it no matter what.

As I've explained before, NKD 1v1, NKD will wreck. NKD group fights, NKD gets wrecked if people know how to fight against it.

There's a decent amount of people complaining about NKD, just remove it from most champions and give ferren a new bonus. Leave it on the masters like NK grandmaster, ferren master, etc.

8. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

ST defending NKD what a shock.

Knutto likes this.
  9. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Block 2 and dodge 2 combined costs 20 nora, so if it costed 15 nora that would be reasonable. I believe it should be a double edged sword and that it should be easy for the opponent to drain nkd champs of ap. For the sake of the player base this ability needs to be fixed, because its making peeps quit poxnora. To be honest I hate the mechanic so much I want it to be shoeboxed. The most stressful games I have played in poxnora have been against this ability win or lose. ST is strong enough atm nkd can take a serious blow and ST will still be highly competitive.

10. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

I'm all in for a NKD rework. Raising the cost will make most champions with it less playable than they are right now (with a few exceptions of course). Champs like Shadowstriker stand out because they have more than the ability itself for such a cheap cost, so it adds up, but saying things like Grandmaster (which I haven't seen in play for longer than I can think of) is wrecking everyone because it sits around storing AP waiting to be hit in order to hit back isn't a great argument when it comes to the ability's power. Maybe the ability paired up with efficiency is too much haha.

Increasing the AP cap per attack received to 3 or so might be a good temporal solution (as much as any other proposal to be taken into consideration) in case it's possible to review this ability and the themes attached to it in the future (maybe Ferren only with it tied to disciplines somehow!?).

Edit: The bomb nerf changed everything.

11. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

3 should be the base because that is how much it costs for a chain 1 attack.

12. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

But yeah, I went on a quest to find a worse one. My alternate candidates are: Ritual Cultist, Draksar Consulate, Rip Demon, Rip Demon Alpha. The thing is, 3 of those can consistenly do damage (one of them magical even! yay!). So I'd say it's between Imperator and Cultist. Gonna have to say Cultist manages to be even worse, even though it looks as if it offers more utility. But hey, maybe it's good in Kanen.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    claydude5, BurnPyro and KingJad like this.
  13. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Nohkan do should be 12-14 nora. If you have any non-troll suggestions (Pre-requisite: don't be Claydude or netherzen) to change the ability entirely that'd be great because the ability is stupid.

14. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

Most NKD champs are trash. Doubling the cost of it would shoebox all of them except shadowstriker. It's already a double edged sword that favors the champ. Any nerf to the mechanics of it would turn it into a completely 50/50 double edged sword which means that the nora cost of NKD would have to be 0 instead of 8.

claydude not actually reading and just spouting crap out of his mouth what a shock.

15. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

The fix must be a mechanics change, not a nora change

16. KingJad

you didn't let me finish my edit and I can see the ability being 12 nora no doubt. you get block dodge 2 and -8 nora because you lose 2 ap on each trigger.

17. KingJad

oh I understand that completely but for now giving it a more appropriate cost seems to be the best way to handle it, until we come up with the mechanic change.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Heroex has half the post in this thread on his name. More shocking news about ST at 11.

Netherzen and SPiEkY like this.
  19. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

Why are NKD decks not top meta if NKD is so strong and that much of a problem?
    I mean... Almost no one is playing NKD decks in higher leagues or am I wrong?

20. KingJad

some Nohkan do champs are in meta decks in fact I think the shadowstriker has been mentioned several times in this thread.